Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:32:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Why does everyone hate The Clash?

Started by A Passing Turk Slipper, April 16, 2005, 02:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why do you hate The Clash?

The songs are tuneless.
3 (8.8%)
They think they're clever, they're not.
7 (20.6%)
Their politics are rubbish.
2 (5.9%)
They were nothing compared to The Pistols.
2 (5.9%)
All of the above.
13 (38.2%)
For a reason that APTS has stupidly missed out.
7 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: April 16, 2005, 02:57:21 AM

Pepotamo1985

[How Famous Am I?]
I used to visit Mick Jones' house. I was friends with one of his many daughters.
[/How Famous Am I?]

Bloke was hardly well endowed in the monetary department, though.

Frinky

Quote from: "Joy Nktonga""This is the Kaiser Chiefs isn't it,"

Ahahahahaweep.

Is that why she's an ex, then? I remember when QTV had London Calling on thier video selections. That song sounds so fucking shit (and is largely inaudible) through TV speakers. It's only when I got the CD that I realised that it wasn't some kind of low-frequency dub project that went "bur bur bur AH-AH-AH!"

Paaaaul

The Clash themselves were embarressed by writing Train In Vain, which is why all the earlier releases of London Calling didn't include it in the tracklisting.

dan dirty ape

Quote from: "Paaaaul"The Clash themselves were embarressed by writing Train In Vain, which is why all the earlier releases of London Calling didn't include it in the tracklisting.

Nah, it's because it was written and recorded on the fly for inclusion on an NME flexidisc, but they thought it was too good to leave off the album, and there wasn't enough time to alter the sleeve layout.

Heads up for A Passing Turk Slipper and any other fans on the board, there's a great Danny Kelly interview with Mick Jones in this month's issue of Word

A Passing Turk Slipper

Quote from: "dan dirty ape"Heads up for A Passing Turk Slipper and any other fans on the board, there's a great Danny Kelly interview with Mick Jones in this month's issue of Word
Ooh cheers, will keep an eye out for it.

mayer

Tis a very, very good interview that. Not enough on the last couple of years for my liking... but you know me... :-)