Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:11:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan's Beard Weekends: Transphobia III: The Sorceror

Started by madhair60, February 11, 2020, 09:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

For further and eternal discussion of our favourite TERF's ongoing public breakdown

Cuellar

Didn't watch the Newsnight thing obviously. It went well then?

madhair60

idunnosomename

He keeps retweeting funny animal things and power rangers clips to try and make him look like crazy comedy man but it's almost inconsequential in the sea of transphobic cuntery

Cuellar

DrGreggles

Quote from: Cuellar on February 11, 2020, 09:40:48 AM
Didn't watch the Newsnight thing obviously. It went well then?

Genuinely can't remember anyone coming across worse in a TV interview.

evilcommiedictator

I was worried that it would be a longer video, but still, 7 minutes is torture
https://youtu.be/vb5DyQ8IX7g

ajsmith2

He's managed the Louis CK manoeuvre of going from wokebloke bête noir of the right to their new favourite hero, everything forgiven.

idunnosomename

Did anyone think the VO was going to say "he's been vilified as a transphobic cunt"

Sebastian Cobb

It wasn't up on the i player when I went to bed and want to see it, but even minimised and listening seems a high risk game at work.

Cuellar

Re his point about homophobic parents bringing kids to THE TAVISTOCK and asking them to 'fix them'.

So what? Did THE TAVISTOCK then say 'Righto, no problem, we'll give them hormones and a fanny/cock'. What happened AFTER the kids were brought in? I'm assuming the parents were told to pull themselves together (more or less).

How is it that fault of THE TAVISTOCK and THE TRANSES that there are homophobic parents who don't understand homosexuality/gender?

idunnosomename

Excuse me doctor, I have a gay baby!

"Oh dear, looks like he's broken! We'll have to chop his willy off!"

Ahhh daarrrrrk

Cardenio I

jobotic

I'm willing to bet that transphobes and homophobes aren't the enemies Linehan likes to pretend they are.

phantom_power

The idea that homophobes are more likely to be pro-trans is fucking ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as the idea that private clinics are going to be giving out hormone treatment and cutting tadgers off indiscriminately

Jumblegraws

He's doing a mea culpa on Twitter about trying to get Count Dankula's crowdfunding page taken down and generally taking a throw away the key attitude to him. He's claiming he doesn't even remember doing anything beyond making fun of him, it's bizarre. I wonder how much of the past two years he'll remember in 2025.

idunnosomename

first they came for "Count Dankula", but I did not speak out, because beard.

phantom_power

Do you think he looks at the make-up of his new followers and wonders why they are mainly alt-right, anti-progressive, fuck knuckles?

Quote from: Cuellar on February 11, 2020, 10:15:45 AM
Re his point about homophobic parents bringing kids to THE TAVISTOCK and asking them to 'fix them'.

So what? Did THE TAVISTOCK then say 'Righto, no problem, we'll give them hormones and a fanny/cock'. What happened AFTER the kids were brought in? I'm assuming the parents were told to pull themselves together (more or less).

How is it that fault of THE TAVISTOCK and THE TRANSES that there are homophobic parents who don't understand homosexuality/gender?

Isn't this whole panic about gender clinics rooted in the far-right conspiracy that elites seek to destroy traditional masculinity and male presence in the public sphere by terrorising men and boys into cutting off their cocks ('cos let's be honest, it was never really about female-to-male trans people)?

It's an odd thing to be embroiled in the one while also believing that elites are chock full of woman-haters who want to roll back their rights and shut them down by helping men invade their spaces.

pcsjwgm

lol, when Googling 'graham linehan newsnight' I came across a video by Gamergate/MRA cunt Carl Benjamin / Sargon of Akkad. Sargon is delighted that Glinner has apologised to Count Dankula after Glinner was attacked by Spiked.
(Watch the video in incognito/private so that your YouTube recommendations don't turn into a right-wing sewer.)
https://youtu.be/OEkosBa_qGk?t=242

Shaky

Jesus Christ, that Newsnight video is tragic. And this is probably Glinner's most mainstream step yet with this shit! Interesting to see what happens next. Or perhaps just really depressing and boring. He needs to go away.

Glebe

"This is a hinge moment in history, just like [with] the nazis."

What?

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Glebe on February 11, 2020, 12:08:33 PM

What?
The weird thing about that was that he was trying to extricate himself from the Nazi experiment comparison by making a point about indifference to nascent social ills, but he wound up planting himself in the exact same flippant territory.

ajsmith2

Quote from: Glebe on February 11, 2020, 12:08:33 PM

What?

By that I think he meant it is a moment in history that will only seem more significant with the benefit of hindsight, like when the Nazis incrementally crept to power: we all wonder how people back then could let it happen but because it was a slowing boiling of the frog it crept up on most bit by bit, and so if he now, having the rare gift of being fully cogniscent of the danger caused by increased trans rights, doesn't speak up now he'll never be able to live with himself, just like you might feel in hindsight if you'd been a German citizen in 1933 or something. Needles to say I think it's an idiotically ludicrous parallel to draw, but I believe that's the crux of the point he was attempting to make there.

Blue Jam

Atheist feminist Glinner is going to end up like Ricky Gervais when he was horrified that the Daily Mail and Breitbart were praising his Golden Globes opening and then desperately trying to backpedal and distance himself by reminding his followers he's a liberal, honest.

Are the Right finally getting as fractured as the Left have been for decades? Splitters!

Mango Chimes

This is really upsetting in a number of ways. Just to watch, that was a study in Visible Signs Of Anxiety And Distress. He's been radicalised into going on bloody Newsnight.

That's what this is, and I think it's fair to feel sorry for those who are radicalised as well as condemning their actions. As he loses moderate friends and supporters and Twitter followers, he tilts further away from them. The Daily Mail are a fine bunch of lads because they're on my side, this army of arseholes can't be all bad because at least they're there for me... He's positioning himself in opposition to 'the woke' and 'the Left', yesterday he retweeted some capital-A Athiest saying that criticising 'gender ideology' isn't transphobic in the same way criticising Islam isn't Islamophobic...

You can see it in his tweets over the past 12 hours. He's gone from initially defending Sarah Smith, to lightly ribbing Newsnight, to asking her to read something, to supportively retweeting something saying she was poorly researched, to directly harrassing her with his fucking "What about this?" routine. All thanks to the cheers of a bunch of arseholes egging him on, and no doubt also thanks to the jeers of another bunch of arseholes excited to call him a cunt. I fear the latter's having as much influence as the former, both nudging him further in the same bad direction.

Endicott

RE the Nazi bit - he's just not very mentally agile is he? He's said many times on twitter that it is just like the Nazis. Being forced to admit live in person that this is hyperbole is a step too far for him.