Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:23:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan's Beard Weekends: Transphobia III: The Sorceror

Started by madhair60, February 11, 2020, 09:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Barry Admin on March 18, 2020, 07:43:31 PM
I really don't think Ross realises that Linehan is going to be clinging onto his cock, all day every day, from now until forever.

Never a truer word spoken.

https://twitter.com/glinner/status/1240361252830011398?s=21

idunnosomename

anyone who looks at glinners constantly aggressive feed full of endless nasty targeted harassments and crazy conspiracy theories about toilets and thinks HMM WHAT A BRAVE MAN is a complete fucking cunt

mippy

Who was the celeb mate mentioned in the original tweet? Glins gave the clue 'twee', but I assume it isn't Stephen Pastel.

canadagoose

Quote from: Thursday on March 18, 2020, 07:51:05 PM
Shocked to discover that a man who had a house band  called "4 poofs and a piano" has less than enlightened views on trans people.
I'd forgotten about that. Bloody awful from a modern viewpoint.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: canadagoose on March 18, 2020, 10:16:40 PM
I'd forgotten about that. Bloody awful from a modern viewpoint.

I mean it was a trite piece of postmodernism on their part. Not massively different from the Movie Bitch / Black Craft Slut influencer type attempts that reclaim naughty words and no-one bats an eyelid about.

To claim it has any relevance towards this, as Thursday has attempted is pathetic, and to claim it was bloody awful (beyond their musical performances which do deserve that label) is a tad hysterical.

I am sure Ross is a ghastly transphobe but this has squat fuck all to do with it.

canadagoose

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 18, 2020, 10:20:18 PM
I mean it was a trite piece of postmodernism on their part. Not massively different from the Movie Bitch / Black Craft Slut influencer type attempts that reclaim naughty words and no-one bats an eyelid about.

To claim it has any relevance towards this, as Thursday has attempted is pathetic, and to claim it was bloody awful (beyond their musical performances which do deserve that label) is a tad hysterical.

I am sure Ross is a ghastly transphobe but this has squat fuck all to do with it.
Even ironically, which I know it was in the 2000s, it's still a really bad look coming from, let's face it, a straight male boomer. Not exactly a group well-known for being accommodating to gay people. I know we all had a little snigger at it in 2004 but ffs, it didn't date well and it shouldn't have been done.

DrGreggles

The group already existed though. He just employed them on his show.

Still a cunt.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: phantom_power on March 18, 2020, 02:53:06 PM
Ross has said he is trans-supportive but also thinks there are women's rights issues that need discussing.
There aren't.

Two women a week in England and Wales die at the hands of a male partner or ex-partner. In Ireland there have been a number of cases where a man beat his wife/girlfriend/kids' mother almost to death and got a bullshit sentence of a couple of years. I've lost count of the number of mass-shootings carried out in Canada and the USA carried out by some embittered incel who targeted women. All this hurrawking about The Evil Trans Activist Menace is a way for people to pretend they give a fuck about women's safety and to displace the focus from cis men and certain of their subcultures to trans folk. Curious that Jonathan "HE FUCKED YOUR GWAAANDDAUGHTER!!!" Ross is super worried about women's rights all of a sudden.

idunnosomename

very Little Britain "racism and homophobia are finished now so let's just have a larf" shit that that carried through the 2012 olympics ejaculation and then destroyed by the utter dismay of brexit

i think wossy is just a bit thick. that thing about penises last year I took at the time as being him being easily manipulated. i mean i still think he's a fully despicable free agent but still, a fucking dumb one

H-O-W-L

Amazed that people seem to have thought that Johnathan Ross, one of the "old boys club phowar knockers haha ladyboys phwoar norks" types, would be anything other than a transphobic, exclusionary bell-end.

phantom_power

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on March 18, 2020, 10:51:44 PM
There aren't.

[/quote

OF course they aren't but I think he is just wrong and misguided rather than being a super mega Glinner cunt

And I never saw Ross as one of the old boys phwoar knockers club. I first saw him on the Last Resort and Incredibly Strange Film Show where he championed loads of then alternative comedians like Vic n Bob, Charlie Higson, Paul Whitehouse and Caroline Aherne, as well as transgressive cinema like John Waters, Sam Raimi and Tsui Hark.

H-O-W-L

Having heard Ross on the radio more than once spouting chauvinist drivel (including his execrable appearances on Ricky Gervais's XFM show, where he literally gets his penis out upon entering the studio) it's the hard impression I've always gotten from him.

rue the polywhirl

Quote from: H-O-W-L on March 19, 2020, 07:36:19 AM
Having heard Ross on the radio more than once spouting chauvinist drivel (including his execrable appearances on Ricky Gervais's XFM show, where he literally gets his penis out upon entering the studio) it's the hard impression I've always gotten from him.

<Kenneth Williams ooh matron gif>

idunnosomename

Suzanne moore has thrown her toys out of the pram taking a swipe at everyone at the guardian who condemned her and of course a particular dig at owen jones which big bully graham is relishing

Jockice

Quote from: Thursday on March 18, 2020, 07:51:05 PM
Shocked to discover that a man who had a house band  called "4 poofs and a piano" has less than enlightened views on trans people.

I don't watch anything with Ross in it, although I vaguely remember catching a bit of them round at someone's house. But one of them was apparently local to the area where I live and worked for the local paper. A colleague did an interview with him and the publicity company supplied a photo of him with such a 'hey look at me, I'm homosexual' pout on his face it probably set gay rights back about 20 years. Unless you're an actual panto dame during an actual panto there is no excuse at all for that sort of behaviour.

And Ross was born a cunt, will die a cunt so hardly surprisingly he's spent his entire life as a cunt. I'm not a fan.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 19, 2020, 08:21:05 AM
Suzanne moore has thrown her toys out of the pram taking a swipe at everyone at the guardian who condemned her and of course a particular dig at owen jones which big bully graham is relishing

Irvine Welsh is a big mate of Suzanne Moore and supporting her in this, although he shies away from full Terfdom as far as I know. But one more for a thesis about Scottish nationalism (especially foreign based Scottish nationalism) and Terfdom. Meanwhile, pleased to see lots of people suggesting to her that Guardian internal politics maybe aren't the most important thing right now.

idunnosomename

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on March 19, 2020, 09:40:49 AM
pleased to see lots of people suggesting to her that Guardian internal politics maybe aren't the most important thing right now.
that's true.

it's people with penises who identify as lesbians using the ladies toilets

phes

Wow. Pretty rich coming from a man that's turned himself into a sack of mulch in his pursuit of hits from the twitterbong

Thursday

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 18, 2020, 10:20:18 PM

Prick

Jim Bob

Quote from: Thursday on March 19, 2020, 05:48:33 PM
Prick

Great rebuttal, there.  I fear that you may rather be missing the point that the house band gave themselves the moniker of 'Four Poofs and a Piano' and that they were a pre-exisiting established group, prior to their appearance on The Jonathan Ross Show.  As someone else in the thread pointed out, their band name was clearly a case of 'taking it back for themselves'.  I don't necessarily agree with that particular choice, in terms of how useful it is towards changing the minds of homophobic people and I'm certainly not a fan of Jonathan Ross in general but it's not really fair to place the blame at Ross' feet in this particular case.

idunnosomename

This might be a rare moment of self-awareness if it wasnt after a load of his usual repugnant shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/Glinner/status/1240664563655286785

pigamus

Jollity

As far as he and his band of sycophants are concerned, no receipts were ever produced and any that are produced don't count, so they can just go about like nobody said anything.

You get this a lot in online arguments - people saying "but nobody's produced anything to refute me" in threads where several people have produced all manner of things to refute them, and they've completely ignored them. This is where the people saying "we should engage them in rational debate" fall down. It is incredibly tiring and stressful to time and time again give people information to look at and have it ignored. It gets to the point that just saying "fuck off" is better for the mental health.

Mister Six

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I'm loving all the pictures of obvious men with scaaaaaary text beside them explaining that they're dangerous trans women out to raep us all

oh and the links to online news websites I've never heard of

Thursday

Quote from: Jim Bob on March 19, 2020, 06:01:18 PM
Great rebuttal, there.  I fear that you may rather be missing the point that the house band gave themselves the moniker of 'Four Poofs and a Piano' and that they were a pre-exisiting established group, prior to their appearance on The Jonathan Ross Show.  As someone else in the thread pointed out, their band name was clearly a case of 'taking it back for themselves'.  I don't necessarily agree with that particular choice, in terms of how useful it is towards changing the minds of homophobic people and I'm certainly not a fan of Jonathan Ross in general but it's not really fair to place the blame at Ross' feet in this particular case.

It's more that I took exception to the tone of the way he responded when a "not really fair when they were a pre-existing group" would have done. Rather than saying it was pathetic.

Which fine, I didn't know that, but I also wasn't very seriously trying to present it as evidence that he had past form for being a bigot or anything.

I noticed he's liked a post about Genesis P-Orridge being an abuser, which is an interesting but predictable take.

My understanding is the Genesis wasn't and has not claimed to be trans, to be female, or anything of the kind. Rather they went by a pandrogynous label with the stated aim of two lovers trying to become identical.

Genesis was undoubtedly a cunt and an abuser, but Glinner adopting this to his cause as an exposé is surely him saying he believes i abuse to be a trait inherent to any man getting a pair of tits done. Predictable really.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on March 20, 2020, 09:30:26 AM
I noticed he's liked a post about Genesis P-Orridge being an abuser, which is an interesting but predictable take.

My understanding is the Genesis wasn't and has not claimed to be trans, to be female, or anything of the kind. Rather they went by a pandrogynous label with the stated aim of two lovers trying to become identical.

Genesis was undoubtedly a cunt and an abuser, but Glinner adopting this to his cause as an exposé is surely him saying he believes i abuse to be a trait inherent to any man getting a pair of tits done. Predictable really.

You may as well blame Gary Glitter's child abuse on his fondness for flamboyant clothing.