Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:07:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan's Beard Weekends: Transphobia III: The Sorceror

Started by madhair60, February 11, 2020, 09:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LepusRex

My god, what a great read. I've been following Glinner on Twitter since '08, usually just scrolling past him since '11, and only started hassling him last month. (If you've noticed a few anti-Glinner tweets by some jerk using Þþ/Ðð instead of "th", that's me.) I'm curious: Has anyone else here who's been called a "groomer" or the like by Glinner had him delete that tweet before his suspension? He deleted one where he referred to me as "groomy", and I hadn't even reported it.

Also, is Sian the only person on Glindr who isn't there to troll Graham?

idunnosomename

there are some other crazy people who are praying for are graham at the vacant altar of glindr.

after looking at helen's public insta the other day it seems like he's thrown away so much for telling people to fuck off on the internet. but i can't feel sorry for him personally after how nasty he's been to so many vulnerable people, young people, people who happen to have beards, and his family members who have intervened. deal with it graham, you waste of a man.

phes

Watched a bit of some very recent chat video between Glinny and a goodbeard. All of Graham's angry twitter posts are 'because people call him a bigot', he has had 'a great deal of stress over the last two years but will never, ever stop', and there is going to be 'A Day of Reckoning'. The context of this was was in response to an anecdote about a best man who wasnt allowed to speak to the groom at a wedding due to his terf views.

Polymorphia

Clicking on Glinner's account, is he unsuspended now, since I'm able to view his timeline clearly? The timeline suggests he hasn't posted in many days, which I'm guessing covers his suspension (I'm not a big user of the Twitter, and I don't think I checked on him when he was suspended)
Honestly, this whole entire scenario is like a really really shit Heart of Darkness, and hopefully it ends with Glinner realising what he's done and exclaiming "The horror! The horror!" like some bootleg Kurtz, finally lucid to what he's committed...
But in the end, no-one will have won out of this at all, I don't think.
We're on 99 pages now, let's hope we're reaching the terminus, and never have to make another thread. While writing this, doing a preview and seeing the recent comments suggests that this might not be the end however, good God!

idunnosomename

i was hoping this would be the end and we could all dance around a rainbow :(

ding dong glinner is dead and all that

idunnosomename

why thank you i've been trying to grow it out. i think it makes me look quite the hunk.

porage

Quote from: Polymorphia on May 11, 2020, 10:28:13 PMClicking on Glinner's account, is he unsuspended now, since I'm able to view his timeline clearly?

My understanding is that the account is/was "locked", so he can't/couldn't post, but never suspended in that sense