Author Topic: True Crime.  (Read 4085 times)

Re: True Crime.
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2020, 09:57:36 PM »
Hi death fans, new video on Stephen McDaniel (probably a CaB member) from the man Jim Can't Swim. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HkRjIq8Cp2A

the murder of Lauren Giddings in Macon, Georgia by Stephen McDaniel in June 26th, 2011, who had broken into her home on an early Sunday morning and strangled her to death, before using a hacksaw to dismember her body and hide her remains in trashcan inside a nearby park. Stephen McDaniel was previously arrested on an unrelated burglary charge when police had discovered evidence of his involvement in the murder whilst searching through his apartment

Probably one of the most stand out police interviews, and of course he did aIan Huntley style tv interview.

QDRPHNC

• Golden Member
  • "A soupçon of pizzazz."
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2020, 11:01:58 PM »
I do like Jim Can't Swim, but sometime it gets a bit much with the overelaborate explanations.

"Such-and-such was an episode on a reality show. A reality show is a television show in which participants are deprived of outside stimuli..."

(continue for 7 minutes)

"... and so the appeal of such reality shows is the disparity between the enjoyment the viewer gets from the rising tension of the premise, coupled with the knowledge that we are watching real people..."

GET ON WITH IT

« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2020, 12:19:57 AM »
I'd agree with that.

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2020, 09:05:55 AM »
I do like Jim Can't Swim, but sometime it gets a bit much with the overelaborate explanations.

"Such-and-such was an episode on a reality show. A reality show is a television show in which participants are deprived of outside stimuli..."

(continue for 7 minutes)

"... and so the appeal of such reality shows is the disparity between the enjoyment the viewer gets from the rising tension of the premise, coupled with the knowledge that we are watching real people..."

GET ON WITH IT

any excuse to post this

https://youtu.be/APlSFQh6udw?t=60

QDRPHNC

• Golden Member
  • "A soupçon of pizzazz."
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2020, 03:50:25 PM »
What on earth am I watching? Although it's compelling.

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2020, 04:38:49 PM »
What on earth am I watching? Although it's compelling.

the true crime story included in that intro clip features on Netflix (Clooney exec produced, bah) rubbish Trial By Media. Not really worth it.

Danger Man

• no lives matter
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2020, 11:46:46 PM »
Just discovered this blog post about the West Memphis Three.

https://thewestmemphispuzzle.blog/

In my opinion one of the best bits of websleuthing I have ever read.

(It is very graphic and bleak and, if you haven't heard of the West Memphis Three before, won't be as stunning)

Tags: