Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:58:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

True Crime.

Started by bgmnts, February 12, 2020, 07:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

Hi death fans, new video on Stephen McDaniel (probably a CaB member) from the man Jim Can't Swim. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HkRjIq8Cp2A

Quotethe murder of Lauren Giddings in Macon, Georgia by Stephen McDaniel in June 26th, 2011, who had broken into her home on an early Sunday morning and strangled her to death, before using a hacksaw to dismember her body and hide her remains in trashcan inside a nearby park. Stephen McDaniel was previously arrested on an unrelated burglary charge when police had discovered evidence of his involvement in the murder whilst searching through his apartment

Probably one of the most stand out police interviews, and of course he did aIan Huntley style tv interview.

QDRPHNC

I do like Jim Can't Swim, but sometime it gets a bit much with the overelaborate explanations.

"Such-and-such was an episode on a reality show. A reality show is a television show in which participants are deprived of outside stimuli..."

(continue for 7 minutes)

"... and so the appeal of such reality shows is the disparity between the enjoyment the viewer gets from the rising tension of the premise, coupled with the knowledge that we are watching real people..."

GET ON WITH IT

Bazooka

I'd agree with that.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 16, 2020, 11:01:58 PM
I do like Jim Can't Swim, but sometime it gets a bit much with the overelaborate explanations.

"Such-and-such was an episode on a reality show. A reality show is a television show in which participants are deprived of outside stimuli..."

(continue for 7 minutes)

"... and so the appeal of such reality shows is the disparity between the enjoyment the viewer gets from the rising tension of the premise, coupled with the knowledge that we are watching real people..."

GET ON WITH IT

any excuse to post this

https://youtu.be/APlSFQh6udw?t=60

QDRPHNC

What on earth am I watching? Although it's compelling.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 17, 2020, 03:50:25 PM
What on earth am I watching? Although it's compelling.

the true crime story included in that intro clip features on Netflix (Clooney exec produced, bah) rubbish Trial By Media. Not really worth it.

Danger Man

Just discovered this blog post about the West Memphis Three.

https://thewestmemphispuzzle.blog/

In my opinion one of the best bits of websleuthing I have ever read.

(It is very graphic and bleak and, if you haven't heard of the West Memphis Three before, won't be as stunning)

Bazooka

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eJt_afGN3IQ

I've seen lots of stuff on Casey Anthony, and still one of the most shocking cases, just fucked how she got off.

surreal

I've just started watching "I'll Be Gone in the Dark" from HBO - based on the book written by Patton Oswalt's late wife Michelle when she started investigating the East Area Rapist / Golden State Killer.  6 parts and has just finished broadcasting.

She started out writing a true crime blog and started investigating this series of rapes and eventually murders as it didn't seem as if it was getting enough attention.  I'm only on the second episode but it's been good so far, typical HBO standard

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_EVR1fI68o

Neomod

Quote from: surreal on August 04, 2020, 03:44:39 PM
I've just started watching "I'll Be Gone in the Dark" from HBO - based on the book written by Patton Oswalt's late wife Michelle when she started investigating the East Area Rapist / Golden State Killer.  6 parts and has just finished broadcasting.

She started out writing a true crime blog and started investigating this series of rapes and eventually murders as it didn't seem as if it was getting enough attention.  I'm only on the second episode but it's been good so far, typical HBO standard

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_EVR1fI68o

Just finished this. Well worth a watch.

Quote from: Bazooka on August 02, 2020, 08:38:59 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eJt_afGN3IQ

I've seen lots of stuff on Casey Anthony, and still one of the most shocking cases, just fucked how she got off.

I watched that at the weekend not knowing anything about the case. When the commentary said of her lawyer "and his performance saved her from the death penalty" I was thinking, oh it's manslaughter then.

Then fuck me, she got off.

There were a few loose ends in that did the cops not check the car for evidence after the death smell and what was all that stuff about her father abusing her?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Neomod on August 04, 2020, 05:01:59 PM
Just finished this. Well worth a watch.

I watched that at the weekend not knowing anything about the case. When the commentary said of her lawyer "and his performance saved her from the death penalty" I was thinking, oh it's manslaughter then.

Then fuck me, she got off.

There were a few loose ends in that did the cops not check the car for evidence after the death smell and what was all that stuff about her father abusing her?

The father just sat there passively when the defence lawyer dropped that bomb in the opening argument. If it was me I'd be at his neck tearing and tearing. What a grade A cunt that lawyer was. Reportedly slept with Anthony too. Scum.

Bazooka

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 04, 2020, 05:13:34 PM
The father just sat there passively when the defence lawyer dropped that bomb in the opening argument. If it was me I'd be at his neck tearing and tearing. What a grade A cunt that lawyer was. Reportedly slept with Anthony too. Scum.

He said in an interview, instantly he wanted to jump over the barricade and smash him in, but he knew he was bigger than that. The lawyer also told the parents he'd known for ages about the drowning in the pool scenario, but didn't tell the parents, however the body of Kayley/Cayley? had duct tape near the mouth(body was decomposed by the swamp). I'm unsure who made that up, both are pure scum. The death smell could be accounted by the fact her car boot was full of garbage bags, which if containing food left in a hot car would smell like death. The fact that she partied and showed no emotion about her daughter, heavily weighs in on her wanting a free and careless life, but a daughter prevented that. She is unquestionably a sociopath, who has been saved by the complete lack of any forensic evidence, yet everything else seals her as being he culprit.

JaDanketies

We love youtuber That Chapter in this house. Funny, irreverent and some good stories, most of which I've never heard of.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: JaDanketies on August 04, 2020, 05:33:45 PM
We love youtuber That Chapter in this house. Funny, irreverent and some good stories, most of which I've never heard of.

Yeah, he's ok, but his mannerisms are a bit much sometimes. He is succinct though, which I appreciate.

And while JCS does go into more depth (and I know I'm saying the same thing as my post above), why did we need the first five minutes of the Casey Anthony video about the media narrative being driven by money? We already know that, and it was completely dropped as a theme after the introduction.

Bazooka

Yeah I can't take to That Chapter guy either unfortunately,editing and content is mostly fine, just cant warm to him and that same burgundy shirt.

I do fully agree QDRPHNC about JimCS he does make statements that you would say to a Martian that wanted to learn about human psychology,crime and law without knowing anything, kind of like the digital channels crime docs that fill an hour long episode by repeating the exact same talking head and reenactment 10 times.

JCS:

"In the police interview she lied, lying is a technique adopted by humans when talking to another human with their mouth, they say things that aren't real, are false, and not true in order to make the other person believe them. It could be that she didn't want to be found guilty"

BlodwynPig

I like True Crime Loser. He's not that great, but I just like his style and don't give a fuck.

Hand Solo

Quote from: Bazooka on August 04, 2020, 05:24:39 PM
The death smell could be accounted by the fact her car boot was full of garbage bags, which if containing food left in a hot car would smell like death.

The body had probably been in the boot and it stank so she put in the garbage to cover and disguise the smell, it probably also marred a lot of the ability to find any forensic evidence in there.

Bazooka

I concur, and no way she carried her all wrapped up to the swamp, unless she had help.

imitationleather

Tonight I watched Mommy Dead and Dearest on Now TV. It's about this Munchausen by proxy case that ended up with the mother being murdered by the daughter who had spent her life being forced to pretend to be disabled: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Dee_Dee_Blanchard

Probably one of the maddest and most disturbing things I've seen. Just endless layers of fucked up, Clive.

Bazooka

Ah yeah, that's a real mind warper, the murder itself was vanilla compared to the cause.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Danger Man on June 23, 2020, 11:46:46 PM
Just discovered this blog post about the West Memphis Three.

https://thewestmemphispuzzle.blog/

In my opinion one of the best bits of websleuthing I have ever read.

(It is very graphic and bleak and, if you haven't heard of the West Memphis Three before, won't be as stunning)
When either Sky Crime or Sky Documentaries started broadcasting, they had all three HBO docs (Paradise Lost: The Robin Hood Hills Murders) about the case available to watch on demand. And in the first one they didn't blur the victims' bodies. Sick fuckers. The other thing I took away from the documentaries is NEVER, EVER, EVER, TALK TO THE POLICE.

surreal

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on August 11, 2020, 11:17:30 PM
When either Sky Crime or Sky Documentaries started broadcasting, they had all three HBO docs (Paradise Lost: The Robin Hood Hills Murders) about the case available to watch on demand. And in the first one they didn't blur the victims' bodies. Sick fuckers. The other thing I took away from the documentaries is NEVER, EVER, EVER, TALK TO THE POLICE.

I've wanted to watch those for years but they never seem to be available anywhere legit that I have access to (don't have Sky) so I guess I'll need to track them down - thought they might have turned up on Youtube by now

imitationleather

They're all on Now TV.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: surreal on August 12, 2020, 09:05:38 AM
I've wanted to watch those for years but they never seem to be available anywhere legit that I have access to (don't have Sky) so I guess I'll need to track them down - thought they might have turned up on Youtube by now
They're very good. I don't like that they show candid footage of the crime scenes without blurring the poor little bodies. And they spend a lot of time with John Mark Byer, father of Chris Byer, who is clearly not in his right mind because of grief and possibly other problems - following him around as he describes what he'd like to do to the three accused. It's a bit scummy on the filmmaker's part. But the rest is great. The first one especially, made only two years after the trials. The police and prosectors interviewed show no sense of hindsight or self-awareness and happily tell how they know it was Satanism, so it's obviously the goth kid and his friends. Absolute scandal.

imitationleather

I thought the first one was superb but the others are not as good. Particularly since the second one is basically all about trying to frame John Mark Byers, a guy who is completely off his nut on benzos and doesn't know what is going on through-out.

I remember thinking West of Memphis, yet another film about this case, was pretty good too.