Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:17:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Have you ever fainted?

Started by Sin Agog, February 12, 2020, 08:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin Agog

I fainted for the first time* a couple of hours ago.  I have a volcanic temperature which I think I only exacerbated by keeping a woolly hat on indoors and not drinking enough.  Blacked out, lurched to my feet out of my chair, and did a melodramatic swivel before falling in a random direction which happened to be on my bed.  Just lay there for for twenty minutes before I cooled down enough to get up.  How Victorian ladies, who had to install a fainting couch in their homes on account of their tight corsets, coped with this swooning business I'll never know.

*unless my mum splatting the ground while she was pregnant with me counts

imitationleather

Quote from: Sin Agog on February 12, 2020, 08:37:48 PM
keeping a woolly hat on indoors

This baldness evasion tactic fools no one.

Shit Good Nose

Once - whilst shagging.

Don't worry, that's not a boast - it was about 17 years ago.

I've come very close to it a few times on parade with the Navy, it was a fucking horrible feeling that I only just managed to fight off. They tell you to kneel to recover but nobody does it until it's too late. A lad next to me fainted on a practise parade, he was 6ft 5 and went down like a tree falling, scuffed the whole side of his face horribly.

imitationleather

madhair60

holyzombiejesus

Loads of times. First time was in science where the teacher wanted someone to donate blood for the rest of the class to look at through the microscopes. He chose me and proceeded to jab my finger with this spiky razor blade thing. First time it didn't cut through enough to produce blood so he kind of attacked my finger with it - jab jab jab - and next thing I knew I was on the floor with the whole of my class laughing at me. Science teacher cunt got an electric shock of a van der graaf generator a couple of weeks later, so there was some kind of justice. After that, I can recall passing out when having TCP applied to a cut on my head in the school secretary's office, at a lock-in in Whalley Range (cut my head open and woke up at home with my head stuck to the floorboards with blood), a lock-in in Corbieres in Manchester when I told someone that that hold where they grab your neck wouldn't make me pass out (I've still got the scar to prove it does, I went down and smacked my forehead on the floor), at the cinema at a horror festival when they were screening a short film about a man hacking his arm off and, most recently, when trying to get off the train after reading a horrible bit in a Paul Kingsnorth book about a man trying to walk on a broken leg. I'm sure there are others too. Had electrodes stuck on my head and machines that go beep but doesn't seem to be owt wrong with me.

pancreas

There was also that CaB meet where you first laid eyes on Shoulders.

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on February 12, 2020, 08:46:29 PM
I've come very close to it a few times on parade with the Navy, it was a fucking horrible feeling that I only just managed to fight off. They tell you to kneel to recover but nobody does it until it's too late. A lad next to me fainted on a practise parade, he was 6ft 5 and went down like a tree falling, scuffed the whole side of his face horribly.

And did he break his weekend nails too, the poor dear?

BlodwynPig

seepage

another school one for me: sex education by stealth in biology class and the Polish girls had just come straight from triple PE without changing.

bgmnts

Quote from: seepage on February 12, 2020, 10:07:54 PM
another school one for me: sex education by stealth in biology class and the Polish girls had just come straight from triple PE without changing.

Bet they fucking hummed

Mobius

Yeah took too many pills and fainted in the queue for a rave and pissed my jeans and had to get train home in pissy jeans.

imitationleather

Quote from: Mobius on February 12, 2020, 10:15:32 PM
Yeah took too many pills and fainted in the queue for a rave and pissed my jeans and had to get train home in pissy jeans.

Can't have been very good pills if you could piss!

yep, got up to go take a piss and I guess I stood up too fast cause I fainted when I got into the bathroom, cracking my head on a radiator as I went down. Proceeded to then not notice how bad it was and go to school anyway, while my head was bleeding - apparently when I got up off the bus I left a bloodstain. got it stapled, now I have a big scar on the back of my head.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Menyatta Zondatta on February 12, 2020, 10:17:54 PM
yep, got up to go take a piss and I guess I stood up too fast cause I fainted when I got into the bathroom, cracking my head on a radiator as I went down. Proceeded to then not notice how bad it was and go to school anyway, while my head was bleeding - apparently when I got up off the bus I left a bloodstain. got it stapled, now I have a big scar on the back of my head.

27 you were

Sin Agog

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: Menyatta Zondatta on February 12, 2020, 10:17:54 PM

That's caught me out a lot of times. Lying on the sofa then rushing to the toilet like Linford Christie and having a simultaneous feeling of needing to piss, vomit and fall asleep.

Sebastian Cobb

Does it count if you're drunk and you've just got back into a warm venue after being stood outside in the cold smoking a spiff, or is that officially a 'whitey' at that point?

Mortimer

Many times. A condition called "coughing syncope" where you have a coughing fit that doesn't stop, consequent oxygen starvation to the brain and bang, you're out. Thankfully it's the fainting that gets you breathing again but I've injured myself several times, it all happens too quickly to allow a choice as to where you're gonna fall over.

oy vey

3 fucking times a nurse tried to extract blood from a vein before she finally succeeded. I came damn close. Does turning green count? Nice collection of bruises I can tell you. I looked quite the rookie heroin addict.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Came close twice after a bite by a staffie.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on February 12, 2020, 09:04:43 PM
I can recall passing out when having TCP applied to a cut on my head in the school secretary's office, at a lock-in in Whalley Range

...or some other Morrissey lyric.

Noodle Lizard

Two or three times in the same year, due to some still-unexplained stomach issue that would cause searing cramps followed by near total loss of hearing and vision and then whomph, down to the floor. As others have said, it's actually a very nice feeling once you're out, kind of like being in a really deep and comfortable sleep - must be a release of endorphins or what-have-you. I had full dreams during them, even though I was apparently only out for a couple of minutes. But then it's back to reality, with the KoKo security staff aggressively asking you what drugs you're on, and the rather annoying realization that you'll have to go to hospital. So I can't recommend it overall.

Cuellar

Sin Agog

Yeah, I was thinking there must be some people hooked to the 'petit mort' aspect, the way some are to DMT, heroin-nods, the moment of climax, and leaving the tea bag inside the mug.  Fainting addiction must be a thing somewhere.

I get paranoid about stuff like that, though.  When I was put under for most of the day a year or two ago and woke up in a room full of frazzled post-op patients, I could not shake the terrifying feeling that my consciousness had died and I was now a clone/reboot with the exact same memories.  I also questioned the advisability of making the piss bowls out of cardboard.

Norton Canes

Yes except I like to call it a 'nightclub collapse', sounds a bit more respectable