Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:35:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 II - Bernie Topwin: "We'll see this trashcan dream come true"

Started by Pearly-Dewdrops Drops, February 13, 2020, 01:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewt

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 23, 2020, 11:37:07 PM
If he wins the nomination but is physically unable to run, does the republican ticket run unopposed? The ultimate DNC stitch up - at least it's not Bernie!
This reads like they're priming us for that: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/biden-has-talked-obama-about-possible-vice-presidential-pick-n1166231

Quote"The most important thing — and I've actually talked to Barack about this — the most important thing is that there has to be someone who, the day after they're picked, is prepared to be president of the United States of America if something happened," Biden said.

It really feels like Biden is a placeholder for an anointed nominee.

Mister Six

Haha, holy fuck, would he be allowed to have Obama as VP then drop out? Is that a loophole in the two terms rule?

I mean, I assume not, but it would be hilarious until the second civil war started.

C_Larence

Quote from: Mister Six on March 24, 2020, 04:10:59 AM
Haha, holy fuck, would he be allowed to have Obama as VP then drop out? Is that a loophole in the two terms rule?

I mean, I assume not, but it would be hilarious until the second civil war started.

He's already said it's going to be a woman, and I'd like to think he wouldn't be allowed to go back on that, considering that it was the main story from the last debate. It was used as a distraction from everything he lied about, and as an attack on Bernie who didn't 100% commit to a female vp.

EOLAN

Quote from: C_Larence on March 24, 2020, 06:17:54 AM
He's already said it's going to be a woman, and I'd like to think he wouldn't be allowed to go back on that, considering that it was the main story from the last debate. It was used as a distraction from everything he lied about, and as an attack on Bernie who didn't 100% commit to a female vp.

Yep. There was actually a very interesting point in the interview when Biden had to explain some of the actual policies he was looking towards that would attract Sanders supporters. But then mentioned the female VP - and everything else was just washed aside. I was so dumb for a couple of seconds that I thought when the CNN interviewer was interrupting it was to further clarify key points of policy but no it was just about the juicy gossip on VP.

Dewt

"This is Sarah Haines."

Okay Joe? Remember that clearly. SARAH. HAINES. Do not forget who you are talking to. It looks bad when you do that.

chveik

fucking undead muppet's rotting in front of our eyes while Bernie's raising billions for the poor

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Last chance is for Biden to die of old age, not of anything in particular, just to not wake up.

I personally feel confident that's 85% gonna happen.

BlodwynPig

idunnosomename

even though i am an actual communist i would consider voting trump over this fucking corpse cunt

pigamus

Quote from: Mister Six on March 24, 2020, 04:10:59 AM

Bloody hell, it is as well - at least in theory. The Constitution only says you can't be ELECTED three times - not that you can't serve three times.

chveik

Dewt

We've got to stop with this "which is worse, Democrats or Republicans" because together they corner both kinds of fucking awful.

Dewt

His mental decline is just rumour, that's fair enough. But it is undeniable that he cannot be relied on to speak coherently and that disqualifies him for the job (even though being part of a system that has sold us out and killed people for decades should have disqualified him anyway)

Ferris

Quote from: Dewt on March 25, 2020, 12:35:28 AM
His mental decline is just rumour, that's fair enough. But it is undeniable that he cannot be relied on to speak coherently and that disqualifies him for the job (even though being part of a system that has sold us out and killed people for decades should have disqualified him anyway)

I'm all about not going for rumour (I don't buy that trump is mentally degenerating any harder than the average septuagenarian, for example), but Biden is demonstrably struggling with giving the kind of bland-o bullshit talk that I manage to do all day without thinking.

That's concerning.

EOLAN

Why are the interviewers being almost apologetic to Biden. You are on a major network totally being incoherent and losing your way; but ah shucks; we don't want any malarkey. "It's all ok. No worries. It ok Vice President Biden."

Dewt

Because they represent him. It's not their job to be honest. It's fucking horrible.

Dewt

It is absolutely horrible that it boils down to "sorry, he's too much of an important man".

Urinal Cake

Perversely I think there'll be more questions about Anita Dunn's role than Bidens.

rjd2

Quote from: EOLAN on March 25, 2020, 01:00:05 AM
Why are the interviewers being almost apologetic to Biden. You are on a major network totally being incoherent and losing your way; but ah shucks; we don't want any malarkey. "It's all ok. No worries. It ok Vice President Biden."

Nicolle Wallce the interviewer who is a Never Trumper Republican. To say that it is a safe space for Biden is an understatement which makes it even more gruesome to watch.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 25, 2020, 12:41:55 AM
I'm all about not going for rumour (I don't buy that trump is mentally degenerating any harder than the average septuagenarian, for example), but Biden is demonstrably struggling with giving the kind of bland-o bullshit talk that I manage to do all day without thinking.

That's concerning.

Ferris fer Prez!

idunnosomename

can joe biden not die? if so then he's in with a chance against Drumpf!!!!

Mister Six