Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:53:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 II - Bernie Topwin: "We'll see this trashcan dream come true"

Started by Pearly-Dewdrops Drops, February 13, 2020, 01:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewt

Yeah, isn't it surprising that people who have traded off performative feminism are suddenly on a campaign against a woman calling her a lying, treasonous cunt

(no, it is not surprising)

ajsmith2

Quote from: Funcrusher on March 28, 2020, 09:52:25 AM
After extensive content on Bernie Bros, how Bernie has a problem with women and being all over #metoo, the only article to be seen on Biden at The Guardian is a total hagiography piece on him campaigning while working from home:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/28/joe-biden-campaign-coronavirus

The sheer hypocrisy of centrists is just sickening.

FWIW, this went up a few hours after you posted that:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/28/joe-biden-sexual-assault-allegations-why-has-media-ignored-claims

C_Larence

Andrew Cuomo has postponed the NY primary to June 23rd, instead of just making it a mail vote on the same day. Tom Perez has said states that postpone their primaries will be penalised up to 50% of their delegate count. Bernie was polling ahead in NY so it looks like another attempt to kneecap him.

peanutbutter

What is all the nonsense about Cuomo in the media lately, is there a serious push going on to have him as the backup option or is more just an empty threat that they could push someone worse than Biden on people?

idunnosomename

what the fuck is this idiot even talking about

https://twitter.com/SteveGuest/status/1244692648998420480

i mean it's not my decision but i'd feel safer with trump at least he knows which side his bread is buttered

peanutbutter

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 31, 2020, 12:20:23 AM

i mean it's not my decision but i'd feel safer with trump at least he knows which side his bread is buttered
This was looping for a few minutes there before I realised he wasn't genuinely just rambling in circles

Ferris

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 31, 2020, 12:20:23 AM

Lucky it's not Bernie though eh?!

Imagine having voted for this mess. I hope anyone who voted Biden in the primaries is suitably ashamed. Although they'll be fully responsible for another term of trump so god help us all.

Urinal Cake

For some Democrats would it be so bad if Trump retained ownership of the current mess? It's not like they were going to do anything radically different.

Dog Botherer

i'd say at least 2/3rds of Dems in Congress would have absolutely no problem with 4 more years of Trump. unlimited fundraising and zero expectations. i imagine that was their plan up until about 2 weeks ago.

Dewt

And I think Biden being shit and undetectable is perfect for them. The only reason they're griping is so they can line up their "this is all YOUR fault, the people who wanted better" book deals and media appearances.

chveik

Quote from: Urinal Cake on March 31, 2020, 01:52:33 AM
For some Democrats would it be so bad if Trump retained ownership of the current mess? It's not like they were going to do anything radically different.

probably but Biden has apologised to Trump for calling him a yo-yo on tv so I really don't know what their endgame is.

Urinal Cake

Obviously there's a ton of factions with the one I imagined being the most cynical. The replace Biden with Harris Cuomo crowd seems to be operating on some mixture of goodwill towards ending the epidemic and Trump derangement syndrome. I mean this article from politco https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/30/new-aoc-divides-the-left-150767 being cynical suggests that AOC wants to make peace with the establishment for a run as president asap rather than creating a  progressive faction that will eventually wrestle control from the moderates. 

Dog Botherer

AOC just dismissed that article as gossip on twitter btw

i think the Cuomo love in will end pretty quickly once the death toll skyrockets and his dedication to crushing public healthcare in NYC comes out.

Dewt

Will it come out? CNN can just say "oh actually he's always been good" and enough people will lap it up. They've completely managed to obscure a Biden rape, this will be easy.

Dog Botherer

depends on how bad the death toll is i guess.

to be perfectly honest i've almost completely checked out of this election now as massive societal instability seems inevitable here. hundreds of thousands of households are about to default on their bills, the healthcare system is already on the brink of implosion, the economy basically no longer exists, and the president is handing out ventilators based on which governors give him the best rimjob.

gonna buy an axe instead. seems more productive.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Dog Botherer on March 31, 2020, 02:45:34 AM
AOC just dismissed that article as gossip on twitter btw

i think the Cuomo love in will end pretty quickly once the death toll skyrockets and his dedication to crushing public healthcare in NYC comes out.
The parts I see as gossip are about her personal relationships with Sanders, aides etc. The whole 'they're trying to divide progressives' narrative is interesting.

Everybody loves Cuomo just because he performs well on screen. Whitmer is the better bet.

Dog Botherer

Whitmer isn't high profile enough, even i had to google her to remember where she's from and i'm fucking twitter poisoned to shit.

Urinal Cake

I think for a late palette swap it won't matter as much. As long as fhe DNC and media is with her people will vote against Trump. Plus she'll win Michigan.

Dog Botherer

theyre not going to draft a random governor with zero national profile. there's probably 30-40 people they'd tap before her.

if somehow there are still elections in November (i think the odds are 50/50 at best) the democrat will lose unless it's Bernie. Biden could lose 40 states easy.

Urinal Cake

Trump already calls her 'Half-Whitmer' so she shows some chutzpah against Trump, some competence in handling Covid-19 and she'll definitely be in the Top 10 to replace Biden. 

Replies From View

Quote from: chveik on March 31, 2020, 02:04:05 AM
probably but Biden has apologised to Trump for calling him a yo-yo on tv so I really don't know what their endgame is.

Does yo-yo mean something different in the States?

Quote from: Dog Botherer on March 31, 2020, 03:58:33 AM

if somehow there are still elections in November (i think the odds are 50/50 at best) the democrat will lose unless it's Bernie. Biden could lose 40 states easy.

Other than gut feeling, do have anything to back this up ie polls etc?

I think the fallout from the virus will destroy Trump. That's just a gut feeling on my part.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Replies From View on March 31, 2020, 08:14:22 AM
Does yo-yo mean something different in the States?

We need a useful guide to YANK lexicon and elections.

As I asked previously - why is the fact that you helicopter in a new candidate at the last moment just shrugged off. ALL THAT CAMPAIGNING, ALL THAT MONEY, ALL THOSE VOTES...FOR NAUGHT.

*The Olympic 100 metre sprint final...Usain Bolt gets off to a flier, he's streaks ahead...oh no...he's pulled a hamstring metres from the line...but wait...here is Andrew Cuomo in a suit and tie, he's stepping across the line...OLYMPIC CHAMPION ANDREW CUOMO!!!*

idunnosomename

Quote from: peanutbutter on March 31, 2020, 12:29:12 AM
This was looping for a few minutes there before I realised he wasn't genuinely just rambling in circles
me too actually

Old Nehamkin

Cardenio I

"Why not vote for the rapist with the better policies?" should be the official motto of presidential elections.