Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:57:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 II - Bernie Topwin: "We'll see this trashcan dream come true"

Started by Pearly-Dewdrops Drops, February 13, 2020, 01:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewt

Quote from: Dog Botherer on April 04, 2020, 05:17:13 PM
it's pretty explicit in the constitution as i understand, even the supreme court would have a tough time pulling that.

Trump now making noises about government funded healthcare. that sounds like him winning 40 states in november.
The right is going to become a more economically populist left party with fash tendencies and it is going to be bad

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Still loads of time for Joe Biden to die. Go on Joe. The Audacity of Dementia.

Funcrusher

I'm still seeing talk about Cuomo being parachuted in to replace Biden. Not sure how much evidence there is of a plan to do this.

kittens

jar jar biden

EDIT just googled this and sadly i am not the first person to make this joke. i am however the best person to make this joke

Dog Botherer

when it comes to what you're doen day una in da oval office yousa can't gos well looken at disa fella over hair or disa una tup dalee and sayen ya-hoo manen why can't me getsa a shake to getsa da cart hesa rode in on you're day una una hundred percent been what yousa know.  That's a fact, jack

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 04, 2020, 07:58:14 PM
Still loads of time for Joe Biden to die. Go on Joe. The Audacity of Dementia.
Catch Covid. Rapid mental degeneration. Maybe a fall off a stepladder while changing a light bulb.

C_Larence

two bullets in the back of his head and a note written in his own blood saying he was about to announce hillary for vp

EOLAN

Was a post on the Trump thread more relevant here; about a thread where someone would vote for Biden cos they don't like Trump supporters. Reminded me of a recent podcast I listened to "Don't Worry About the Government" where they had a professor in Politics from UC Berkely. Podcast isn't a Bernie fanboy and independent from major new sources and is reasonably good analysis.
This guest just annoyed me. Firstly; talking about low-level information supporters; it always just comes across with a great sense of superiority. Maybe it's be me inferring too much. Anyway having stated his well informed position; he basically went on to say that he liked Bernie and his policies but as a well informed person; his online supporters would put him off. Not his actual policies or ability to govern.
Are Bernie supporters online really that bad? I guess there may be more of them there; but my general take is that particularly online; everybody is an asshole. They can be people who like some comedian I liked in the 90s as well; supporters of the same football club or anyone with any particular political opinion. What makes Bernie fans so specifically special as being this horrific online army? Or is it that at least other online people can just cite big money backed major media sources like FOX and NCBS and feel like these other guys are just wack-a-doodle.

PS: I know I am coming across to many like an asshole here, but it is in my nature.

Zetetic

C_Larence

Harvard did a study on this that showed people's concept of the "Bernie Bro" isn't actually real.
https://www.salon.com/2020/03/09/there-is-hard-data-that-shows-bernie-bros-are-a-myth/

There's a few reasons I think the myth persists. Firstly, as Zetetic points out, there are a lot of Bernie supporters online. Young people who've grown up with the internet and use it in a different way to older generations.

Another reason is that creating this myth is beneficial to the other candidates. People often forget that before Bernie Bros there were Obama Boys. You create a narrative that the supporters of a candidate are toxic and that attaches itself to the candidate (with a little help from a complicit media) https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.salon.com/2008/04/14/obama_supporters/amp

Thirdly, centrists are all about tone. You can lock kids in cages and drone strike innocent teenagers in the middle east, but don't you dare do it disrespectfully. So people online talking emotionally about how disgusting a system that forces people to choose whether to put food on the table or be able to afford insulin annoys centrists, who just want a gosh darn return to decency we could be at drumpf right now or whatever fuck them i'm angry now maybe bernie bro is real

The "Bernie Bro" thing is verifiably false for anyone who has actually used Twitter and bothered to look at reply threads. There is an army of abusive trolls for every candidate. There was probably a bunch of boomer guys who supported John Delaney and would throw insults in response to any tweet criticizing John Delaney.

I've come to believe that the "Bernie Bro" narrative is not about low-level supporters, but about the fact that there are more "high profile" (by Twitter standards) Sanders supporters who are willing to mock the Blue Check Elites. For example the Chapo Trap House hosts. That's a relatively tiny number of people driving the narrative, but the Blue Check Elites are absolutely fucking furious that there are youngsters in Brooklyn who not only are rude to them but make a lot of money from patrons simply doing a podcast every week.

I can't believe anyone actually cares about the anonymous egg trolls with 2 followers insulting them in their replies. The jealous ire of the establishment people is rather directed at upstarts who would dare to act like "peers" of the establishment elites while being rude. They are mad at like 10-20 Twitter famous Sanders supporters so they have invented a half-decade-long narrative about tens of millions of Sanders supporters nationwide. It really is that petty, insular, and sad.

C_Larence

https://twitter.com/chrissturr/status/1247120636159365120?s=21

I'm having a hard time believing this is real. A group of Biden supporters give 23 reasons to vote for him. The second is "he likes ice cream". Another is "Joe Biden".

Dewt

I think that was Jill Biden, which was even worse. Have you seen his at-home town hall?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rox3zsT_wg8

Jill is clearly making sure he doesn't lose it on camera and she's far more eloquent than he is.

Democrats just want a warm, bought body as a placeholder.

C_Larence

Quote from: Dewt on April 06, 2020, 07:47:44 PM
I think that was Jill Biden, which was even worse. Have you seen his at-home town hall?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rox3zsT_wg8

Jill is clearly making sure he doesn't lose it on camera and she's far more eloquent than he is.

Democrats just want a warm, bought body as a placeholder.

I didn't see this yet no, but can imagine it plays well with the return to decency folks.

Meanwhile, Gov. Evers has just put in a last minute order for the Wisconsin primary to be delayed from tomorrow, until June 9th. Not sure if that can be overruled or not, but it sounds like Republicans are going to try?

Urinal Cake

It looks like Tara Reade's allegations against Biden are going to get more exposure now thanks to Alyssa Milano and Rose McGowan.

Dewt

C_Larence

Quote from: C_Larence on April 06, 2020, 07:55:37 PM
Meanwhile, Gov. Evers has just put in a last minute order for the Wisconsin primary to be delayed from tomorrow, until June 9th. Not sure if that can be overruled or not, but it sounds like Republicans are going to try?

It got blocked. Here's the line at the only polling station in Waukesha, a city of over 70,000 people
https://twitter.com/mattsmith_news/status/1247493559068000257?s=21

Dewt

C_Larence

Quote from: Dewt on April 07, 2020, 09:18:34 PM
Don't see that fucker strolling around out there.

Called for a virtual DNC convention though, the prick.

gib

ajsmith2

Quote from: gib on April 07, 2020, 10:07:58 PM
been ages since this thread had a Ben Garrison, what gives?

His recent stuff has all been about how Covid 19 is a giant globalist plot masterminded by Bill Gates (a previously unused villain in the QAnon Cinematic Universe) to cripple the US economy. He's not done a cartoon on the 'Dem primaries for a wee while. Tbf to his choice of topical subject (not his opinion on it) the latter has kind of taken a back seat of late.

rjd2

A few weeks ago the GOP governor in Ohio got so much abuse when he shut down Ohio voting,,Jennifer Rubin went off,,,certain their was some "PUTIN~~" allegations aimed at him. He was obviously correct and from all accounts has been on top of this virus.

The same dipshits who were demanding to vote and calling that governor all sorts having a fit about having to vote need to fuck the fuck off.

Fabian Thomsett

mojo filters

Quote from: C_Larence on April 08, 2020, 04:25:45 PM
Sounds like Bernie's suspended his campaign.

Correct, the news came through the wires just minutes ago. More info here:

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/08/814291136/bernie-sanders-is-suspending-his-presidential-campaign

The use of the terminology suspending is strictly adherent with requirements of the FEC and other authorities. Obviously "terminating" would be a more effective descriptor.

Bernie Sanders will be speaking shortly from Burlington VT, scheduled for 11.45 EST, currently still expected to be roughly on time (ie about now!)

I'm interested to hear what he has to say. His call announcing this to staff this morning was mostly focused on thanking them for all the hard work etc.

Gov Andrew Cuomo has delayed his daily presser by at least an hour, to accommodate roadblock coverage of Bernie's public remarks.

I feel bad for all the folks I've met, who invested so much hope in Bernie's remarkably impressive political movement. He inspired a lot of folks to engage with the political process, whilst revolutionising campaign financing.

mojo filters

Additional reporting strongly indicates Bernie will not endorse Joe Biden, when speaking via the livestream expected in the next few minutes.

mojo filters

Quote from: Fabian Thomsett on April 08, 2020, 04:41:29 PM
Four more years of Trump then.

No need to be a Nancy Negative, the Orange cunt has to wade through this shit show of a crisis for the next 6 months or so. I think his already shitty chances (why do people just assume the incumbent is gauranteed to win?) will be well under water by then no matter what he does.

C_Larence

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on April 08, 2020, 04:54:39 PM
No need to be a Nancy Negative, the Orange cunt has to wade through this shit show of a crisis for the next 6 months or so. I think his already shitty chances (why do people just assume the incumbent is gauranteed to win?) will be well under water by then no matter what he does.

The democrats have contrived to run the most uninspiring candidate possible. They have learnt absolutely nothing from 2016. Trump has had a "crisis" practically every day of his presidency. He's even been impeached... I don't know how anyone can look at the last 4 years and think "maybe this one will do him in".