Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:48:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 II - Bernie Topwin: "We'll see this trashcan dream come true"

Started by Pearly-Dewdrops Drops, February 13, 2020, 01:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

Cuellar

ajsmith2

Quote from: Cuellar on May 28, 2020, 02:32:44 PM
Most relatable thing he's probably ever done ever

This is game changing. A few more well timed ones in the debates could well win him the Presidency.

Ferris

Fambo Number Mive

Love to see a Trump-Biden fart off. Trump's would be smellier, it's all the burgers.

Each candidate would be given lists of food that would produce the smelliest farts to eat beforehand. It would also increase mask compliance as the audience and panel would be given gas respirators to wear.

Hopefully, inhaling each other's farts would make both of them so ill they withdrew from the race and retired to rural America.

Pijlstaart

The key to all this is the midwest, what Biden needs is a VP who knows what the midwest would like, and what the midwest would like is to see how your hair would look in a blizzard. After increasingly strong 5th place showings, the body klobitic has swelled to levels unseen, and it truly is klobberin' time. Klobuchar has overcome adversity throughout her career, breaking glass ceilings both as a woman and a rejected pokemon character, and despite a chronic stationary shortage remains one of the most productive senators in office today. Needless to say, I'd like to see how your hair looks in a blizzard. Last year I rejected a job offer in Duluth, not because it was a frozen hellscape, not because I was scared policemen would be allowed to stand on my neck, but because I understood I was unworthy of the privilege of serving as a klobstituent.

You might think pizza isn't a vegetable, you might think it's wrong to beat interns, you might think if you eat klobstridium you're bound to get diarrhoea, all valid opinions, but are those opinions going to beat Donald Trump? It's no good being progressive if you won't be practical! Listen fat, if you have a problem figuring out if you're for Kamala or Klob, then you ain't white. If your mind isn't made up, I want you to sit back and think for a while, just think, how your hair would look in a blizzard.

Mister Six

Alberon

Just seen this on the latest poll on the Washington Post.

QuoteOverall, Americans offer mixed assessments of Trump and Biden, and although the presumptive Democratic nominee is viewed less favorably overall today than he was last fall, he fares better than the president on several personal attributes. At the same time, Trump's supporters are notably more enthusiastic and committed to voting for him in the fall than are those who currently back Biden.

Biden leads Trump 53 percent to 43 percent among registered voters nationally. That 10 percentage-point margin compares with what was a virtual dead heat between the two candidates two months ago, when Biden was at 49 percent and Trump 47 percent. Among all adults, Biden's margin widens to 13 points (53 percent to 40 percent).

Biden is still going to lose, isn't he?

EOLAN

Quote from: Alberon on May 31, 2020, 02:13:34 PM
Just seen this on the latest poll on the Washington Post.

Biden is still going to lose, isn't he?

A key comment is how.Trump supporters are more.committed. Giving an.answer to a poll is less effort than turning up to.vote on a workday, particularly with how difficult and.long it takes for many to turn up to vote.

Could be a shy Trump effect, where people don't like to admit they prefer him.

Also, Biden likely to run up big margins in some big states. A nationwide lead of around 5% could still see electoral college go either way. Especially if Republicans are more efficient in targeting key states.

oblivion

Mister Six

Quote from: Mister Six on June 03, 2020, 03:59:56 AM
Biden really in tune with the moment:

To be fair, this is currently the most productive concrete reform proposed by any Democratic politician in a position of leadership.

Mobius

Imagine the the hospital bill for leg repairs in America? Probably best to just die.

El Unicornio, mang

I can just imagine him watching the "shoot them in the legs" part in Terminator 2 and writing it down in his "good ideas" notepad

Wonderful Butternut

Could be a great Democratic Party slogan. "We shoot you in the leg instead of the head or heart."

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Mister Six on June 03, 2020, 03:59:56 AM
Biden really in tune with the moment:

Probably best not to seek out full quote for mitigating context, isn't it?

Wonderful Butternut

He kinda mangled unarmed and 'with a knife' (which is not unarmed) into one point didn't he?

Dog Botherer

one of those rare statements that might be better out of context than in context (in the wake of the largest anti police violence protests the country has ever seen)

Mister Six

Yeah, it also suggests that his understanding of the issue at hand is police reacting to a legitimate threat with deadly force, when it's police murdering black people who have, at most, committed misdemeanours, and other police assaulting peaceful protesters.

The funny thing is that it's not even going to make cops happy, because shooting centre mass at someone who is armed and trying to kill you is the best way of not getting killed yourself, and is a legitimate and proportional response to immediate deadly danger.

Ageing 78 year old and a 74 year old fighting for control of the government...eerily like the Soviet Union politburo in 1984.

Paul Calf

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Silly Little Tart on June 04, 2020, 07:13:49 AM
Ageing 78 year old and a 74 year old fighting for control of the government...eerily like the Soviet Union politburo in 1984.

Does that mean we're only a couple of years away from an American Gorbachev?

Some glasnost on police brutality and the capitalist system?

Nah, we're not, are we?

ollyboro

Colin Powell has stated Trump lies about everything and he (Powell) will be voting for Biden. Trump has responded by calling Powell "a real stiff".

chveik

Ferris

Quote from: ollyboro on June 07, 2020, 11:52:04 PM
Colin Powell has stated Trump lies about everything and he (Powell) will be voting for Biden. Trump has responded by calling Powell "a real stiff".

Suspect he's one of those "oh but we never thought aggressive republican economic policy would impact us" sort of pricks.

Sorry that that you spent 40 years of your career advancing was insidious undiluted evil, but you'll need to do a lot more than this to absolve yourself.

popcorn

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 08, 2020, 01:14:07 AM
Suspect he's one of those "oh but we never thought aggressive republican economic policy would impact us" sort of pricks.

Sorry that that you spent 40 years of your career advancing was insidious undiluted evil, but you'll need to do a lot more than this to absolve yourself.

tbh I am not sure he was saying that in an attempt to absolve himself, he probably stands by what he did during his time in government. I think he was just saying he thinks Trump sucks.