Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:33:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 II - Bernie Topwin: "We'll see this trashcan dream come true"

Started by Pearly-Dewdrops Drops, February 13, 2020, 01:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Botherer

all three probably. i think he thinks he's fucked it and he's flailing.

he has fucked it, but Biden is so mentally ill and unpopular that he still has a chance after all of this shit.

peanutbutter

I think pretty much everything Trump does once things are in motion his key focus is on finding ways that he can tell himself he was in the wrong if it doesn't work out. It's gonna be some kind of postal votes conspiracy, and his base will lap it up, but at the moment he'll be flailing to find as many backup excuses as he possibly can. Stoking arguments in various directions so he can blame them. Considering how successful his anti-NFL stance was, NASCAR seems like a pretty solid target.

Quote from: Dog Botherer on July 06, 2020, 07:47:52 PM

but Biden is so mentally ill and unpopular that he still has a chance after all of this shit.

Is this the same "unpopular" Joe Biden who has a 9+ point lead over the incumbent President 4 months out from the election?

I get that he's hardly an inspirational candidate but he's not unpopular.

pcsjwgm

Quote from: peanutbutter on July 06, 2020, 08:06:15 PM
Considering how successful his anti-NFL stance was, NASCAR seems like a pretty solid target.

But the US is in the midst of a pandemic, with mass unemployment and over 100,000 deaths due to Trump's atrocious handling of the crisis. It will be much harder to successfully get away with hammering culture war bullshit in such a climate.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on July 06, 2020, 08:24:28 PM
Is this the same "unpopular" Joe Biden who has a 9+ point lead over the incumbent President 4 months out from the election?

I get that he's hardly an inspirational candidate but he's not unpopular.

again, that lead is completely down to Trump cocking everything up and nothing to do with Biden, who is holed up in some sterile bunker on an IV drip of adrenochrome. he's a senile old racist rapist with no popular policies and no answers for the current shitstorm.

Biden is not popular. Anti-Trumpism is.

kngen

Quote from: peanutbutter on July 06, 2020, 08:06:15 PM
Considering how successful his anti-NFL stance was, NASCAR seems like a pretty solid target.

NASCAR fans really hate it when people criticise NASCAR though. I took an interesting detour through the NASCAR subreddit last night (because why the fuck not) and, although it's not wholly representative of the sport as a whole, it was still an interesting insight into the feelings of many of that demographic. Lots and lots of 'I stand with Bubba' posts, an equal amount of 'I can't believe I voted for this idiot in 2016. Never again' posts and - the clincher - a comment, massively upvoted, that was along the lines of 'if he's criticising Bubba's stance on the confederate flag, then he's criticising Jr's stance - because Jr's been saying that for years.' Jr being Dale Earnhardt Jr. There is only one person more sainted in NASCAR than Dale Earnhardt Jr and that's Dale Earnhardt Sr (and he was none too keen on that flag either, apparently). Oh, and there was plenty of schadenfreude about Bubba coming in 9th while the Trump 2020-liveried car came in 40th at the most recent race.

I think Donald's made a bit of an arse of this one, frankly.

honeychile

I've been thinking that what did for Clinton in 2016 - a slice of Obama voters just staying at home because Clinton wasn't worth voting for - will probably do in Trump this time, with enough people who took a chance on him last time thinking they no longer have enough faith in him to make it worth turning up. I'm not even sure that Biden will get much in the way of disillusioned Trump voters - though i expect there will be some who are just fed up of the Trump soap opera and want it over.

The biggest wild card will be the debates, presumably Biden will be pumped full of amphetamines but Trump can still tear strips off him in those. But the impression i get is a lot of people have given up listening now and just want to vote not-Trump. Wouldn't be surprised if Trump won all the same, what with the polling debacle of four years ago, and the fact that he's up against fucking Biden. But with a shit record he has to own, the insurgent approach isn't likely to power through as easily.

I was looking at previous election turnouts yesterday, and even accounting for the nefarious tactics used to restrict voting, it's absolutely shocking. Last time turnout exceeded 60% was Nixon's win in 1968. 1996 had 49%!

greenman

Honestly I think the effect of the virus is going to be very hard to predict in terms of voting intension, I suspect though its a situation were a lot of people will project there existing feelings onto it or view it as an act of god, moreso than say the 2008 crash.

Dewt

Hillary making tweets backing up every shitty thing Biden says
Really disgusting to witness. Watching her dig her claws in, knowing millions will suffer, like she isn't rich enough to just crawl into a fucking ditch and let the skin rot off her bones and leave us all in peace

C_Larence

Quote from: Dewt on July 09, 2020, 06:13:17 AM
Really disgusting to witness. Watching her dig her claws in, knowing millions will suffer, like she isn't rich enough to just crawl into a fucking ditch and let the skin rot off her bones and leave us all in peace

Do you think Biden's team have enough self awareness to distance themselves from her? Nothing she has to say could possibly benefit the campaign.

EOLAN

Quote from: C_Larence on July 09, 2020, 05:14:47 AM
https://twitter.com/jonny_is_good/status/1280889951840866304?s=21

https://twitter.com/jonny_is_good/status/1280891679717961741?s=21

Horrible man.

Managed to get most of the way through that. Thought I stop when he unnecessarily name-dropped Barack Obama right at top. One of the things about US Healthcare that never seems to be addressed. Biden mentions that his healthcare cost $280K, his son's over a million dollars. The lack of access to people to public healthcare is an issue; but even when it comes to private healthcare; why is America so exorbitantly more expensive to provide direct healthcare to its people privately than it is for other developed nations.

Ferris

Quote from: Dewt on July 09, 2020, 06:13:17 AM

YASS QWEEN!!

🙌🙌🙌

honeychile

Quote from: C_Larence on July 09, 2020, 10:22:16 AM
https://twitter.com/jennaellisesq/status/1280974182625525760?s=21

🥴

I like how when people say stuff like "i'd vote for [insert political party] even if they put forward [insert ridiculous animal or inanimate object] as a candidate", the Democrats took this as a challenge.

Dewt

https://twitter.com/TheDemCoalition/status/1281984375580655621

Look at this fucking Biden ad, full of black people hugging cops and the military and then daring to show Biden as a Jesus-like man of the people

QDRPHNC

It's not a very good advert, but I'm sort of coming around to Biden.

Dewt

QDRPHNC

Dewt

EOLAN

Also; hardly any Americans from either side will probably agree; but all the children reciting their pledge of allegiance in that brain-wahsed zombified type method is fucking scary too.

Dewt

I had to say three kinds of prayer each day at school and it's still scary to me

pcsjwgm

Apparently one of the (now former) writers for Tucker Carlson Tonight is an enormous racist. Wouldn't have guessed from the content of the show.
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/10/media/tucker-carlson-writer-blake-neff/index.html

rjd2

Quote from: pcsjwgm on July 12, 2020, 04:07:15 PM
Apparently one of the (now former) writers for Tucker Carlson Tonight is an enormous racist. Wouldn't have guessed from the content of the show.
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/10/media/tucker-carlson-writer-blake-neff/index.html

He is off for a few days while they figure out what to do with him. I think Tucker will be fired after the election, Fox will try and win some woke points by saying he went to far on his show, but that won't be what does him, the final straw will be him criticising the GOP obsession with the "Free market solves everything" mantra.

Hammer muslims, minorities etc as much as you want Tucker but don't dare question capitalism!

Somewhat shocked to see the below, Wilson and the other lincoln project goons are making fortunes and getting fawned over everywhere and for once Wilson got put on the spot last night.

I wish people would stop sending me their videos, I don't care about how well made they are, these people are ghouls who paved the way for Trump.

https://twitter.com/EmmaVigeland/status/1283059273212338176

Ferris

Quote from: rjd2 on July 14, 2020, 06:03:17 PM
I think Tucker will be fired after the election, Fox will try and win some woke points by saying he went to far on his show

No chance, in my opinion

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: rjd2 on July 14, 2020, 06:03:17 PM
He is off for a few days while they figure out what to do with him. I think Tucker will be fired after the election, Fox will try and win some woke points by saying he went to far on his show, but that won't be what does him, the final straw will be him criticising the GOP obsession with the "Free market solves everything" mantra.

Hammer muslims, minorities etc as much as you want Tucker but don't dare question capitalism!

Somewhat shocked to see the below, Wilson and the other lincoln project goons are making fortunes and getting fawned over everywhere and for once Wilson got put on the spot last night.

I wish people would stop sending me their videos, I don't care about how well made they are, these people are ghouls who paved the way for Trump.

https://twitter.com/EmmaVigeland/status/1283059273212338176

Hopefully it'll be similar to Bill O'Reilly's temporary leave of absence in 2017 and become permanent.