Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:08:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sajid Javid... GONE [split topic]

Started by Norton Canes, February 13, 2020, 11:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Good to see Johnson's cabal keeping up Trump's fine tradition of right-wing high cabinet turnover. You just can't get the staff huh... when you're drawing from a pitifully small pool of like-minded menials

Alberon

Brilliant!

I've not been keeping up with the thread, but I've noticed the Telegraph has started being a bit anti-Johnson, going on about what he's up to not being real Tory policies.

Fambo Number Mive

Javid is the shortest-serving Chancellor in 50 years, in post for less than seven months.

bgmnts

I hear Martin Bormann is to come back from the dead and get a position in the new cabinet.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Alberon on February 13, 2020, 12:01:48 PM
Brilliant!

I've not been keeping up with the thread, but I've noticed the Telegraph has started being a bit anti-Johnson, going on about what he's up to not being real Tory policies.

They probably are especially angry about HS2.

jobotic

Anyone who has ever stood up to Cummings or said a bad word about no deal Brexit is off.

Inspector Norse

They're all turning against him now, some pretty strong language in reports of purges, culls and so on.

Quote from: The TimesChancellor resigns rather than bow to Cummings
Johnson sacks five cabinet ministers in purge

Quote from: The Daily MailSajid RESIGNS after refusing to let Dominic Cummings sack his staff: Javid quits after saying he won't be 'Chancellor in name only' during extraordinary showdown with Boris Johnson

Quote from: The ExpressSajid Javid RESIGNS as Chancellor as Boris Johnson takes axe to Cabinet
SAJID JAVID has resigned from Cabinet today in a major blow to Boris Johnson's reshuffle plans.

Quote from: The Daily TelegraphSajid Javid resigns after Boris Johnson orders cull of treasury advisers
Javid previously expressed anger at treatment of aide

Quote from: The GuardianLabour in new antisemitism row

Shit Good Nose

Remember how a few months ago in another thread I (jokingly) suggested that we'd be seeing Cummings walking into number 10 as PM?

Hopefully I won't be right about that in the same way I was right about the Schofield thread going full paedo...

Norton Canes

Heh. Rees-Mogg only found out about Javid while at the dispatch box, when a Labour MP asked his opinion on the resignation.

Inspector Norse

Rishi Sunak, the new Chancellor:

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/25428/rishi_sunak/richmond_%28yorks%29/votes

Voted for
a reduction in spending on welfare benefits (on 23 occasions)
more restrictive regulation of trade union activity
reducing capital gains tax
reducing the rate of corporation tax
the bedroom tax
raising the threshold at which people start to pay income tax (seems a bit out of character, this one)

Voted against
paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability
higher taxes on banks
implementing a series of proposals intended to reduce tax avoidance and evasion
requiring multinational enterprises to publish a country by country tax strategy including information on their attitude to tax planning
giving the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority duties to combat abusive tax avoidance arrangements, including by ascertaining and recording the beneficial ownership of trusts

bgmnts

What exactly is it about the human condition that makes it desire to be ruled over and mistreated? To actively make decisions to make the powerful even more powerful and the less powerful even less powerful?

It goes against common sense doesn't it?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Inspector Norse on February 13, 2020, 01:00:14 PM
Rishi Sunak, the new Chancellor:

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/25428/rishi_sunak/richmond_%28yorks%29/votes

Voted for
a reduction in spending on welfare benefits (on 23 occasions)
more restrictive regulation of trade union activity
reducing capital gains tax
reducing the rate of corporation tax
the bedroom tax
raising the threshold at which people start to pay income tax (seems a bit out of character, this one)

Voted against
paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability
higher taxes on banks
implementing a series of proposals intended to reduce tax avoidance and evasion
requiring multinational enterprises to publish a country by country tax strategy including information on their attitude to tax planning
giving the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority duties to combat abusive tax avoidance arrangements, including by ascertaining and recording the beneficial ownership of trusts

You forgot to say that he's also the poshest toff in government after Moggy.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: bgmnts on February 13, 2020, 01:03:51 PM
What exactly is it about the human condition that makes it desire to be ruled over and mistreated? To actively make decisions to make the powerful even more powerful and the less powerful even less powerful?

It goes against common sense doesn't it?

I don't know, voting to make the powerful more powerful makes perfect sense if, like Rishi Sunak, you are a former hedge fund manager and have a billionaire father-in-law.

bgmnts

Quote from: Inspector Norse on February 13, 2020, 01:09:53 PM
I don't know, voting to make the powerful more powerful makes perfect sense if, like Rishi Sunak, you are a former hedge fund manager and have a billionaire father-in-law.

I meant regular people voting in these people.

GMTV

Every time you think the level of cuntery is going to at least stabilise for a period of time, they manage to keep it going up and up

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: bgmnts on February 13, 2020, 01:11:16 PM

Alas tis the way of the world, bgmnts.  The way of the world.

Inspector Norse

The bite of the wolf spider

EOLAN

Get people thinking that the higher ups are their through their own endeavor and worthy of their positions or even their by divine providence. Have these people as symbols of what you could strive for and they are opportunities for you.

However; those people below you. They are the threat to you. They want to climb and improve; but hey they aren't worthy deserving people and will go to devious ways to climb the greasy pole and kick you down as they do it. Keep these people down and your place in the lower-middle reaches will be safe.

Danger Man

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 13, 2020, 01:08:23 PM
You forgot to say that he's also the poshest toff in government after Moggy.

You forgot to say that the Tories are colour-blind.

The only colour that matters is the colour of your money.

jobotic

So Cimmings has got rid of the ones who aren't totally loyal to him and his weirdo far-right gang, and he's also had a pruge of some of the terminally useless and thick, like McVey*

Is Williamson still Education Secretary?

* the fact that she is at this very moment, sad, is a good thing.

BlodwynPig

Saw Rishi being blooded outside the treasury whilst i was feeding the pelican yesterday afternoon. Burly guy holding him by the neck whilst Cummings jabbed a finger at him. I tried to intervene but an officer of the law told me "no feeding the pelicans mate, move along"

Danger Man

I suppose replacing an ex Deutsche Bank chancellor with a Goldman Sachs one reflects the UK turning away from Europe and looking to the USA. Or something.

Shit Good Nose

On the plus side, at least that cancer Leadsom has also been sacked.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 13, 2020, 01:40:21 PM

Plus side? I think that plus is infinitesimally small

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 13, 2020, 01:41:36 PM
Plus side? I think that plus is infinitesimally small

True, but when it's the only silver lining you can find...

Blumf

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 13, 2020, 01:40:21 PM

'On the pus side', surely?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Blumf on February 13, 2020, 02:01:41 PM
'On the pus side', surely?

Admittedly it's little more than removing a single polyp from a much larger mass.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: GMTV on February 13, 2020, 01:14:47 PM
Every time you think the level of cuntery is going to at least stabilise for a period of time, they manage to keep it going up and up

Michael Corleone considers rewrite

pancreas

There's a lot of fucken idiots wot are #cancelled:

• Julian Smith, Northern Ireland secretary
• Andrea Leadsom, business secretary
• Theresa Villiers, environment secretary
• Geoffrey Cox, attorney general
• Esther McVey, housing minister
• Chris Skidmore, universities and science minister
• Nusrat Ghani and George Freeman, transport ministers