Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,186
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 767
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:06:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sajid Javid... GONE [split topic]

Started by Norton Canes, February 13, 2020, 11:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Ah well at least the transport minister's got his grills to fall back on.

Johnny Yesno

jobotic

New Attorney General

QuoteThe terrorist incident last week reminds us that the rule of law remains a fundamental foundation of our democratic constitution, but the explosion of judicial review and judicial activism has led to a censoriousness and litigiousness in our society and has distorted questions that ought to remain exclusively political. How will my right honourable friend ensure that parliament remains the sovereign and legitimate source of law as we take back control?

She's also the one who accused Lammy of faux outrage and and virtue signalling over the deportations. These people are fascists, don't think otherwise, and they've just tightened their grip.

Famous Mortimer

Pieces of shit replace other pieces of shit

George Oscar Bluth II

Just really respect the Tories for somehow coming up with a worse set of ministers than the last time. Amazing. Every time they raise the bar they effortlessly clear it.

jobotic

Our new Environment Secretary is an ex Ukip candidate. I expect he takes climate change very seriously.

Unbelievably things are worse now than they were this morning.

Shit Good Nose

Looking forward to how 2000AD will deal with this shock storyline.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on February 13, 2020, 02:56:13 PM
There's a lot of fucken idiots wot are #cancelled:

• Julian Smith, Northern Ireland secretary
• Andrea Leadsom, business secretary
• Theresa Villiers, environment secretary
• Geoffrey Cox, attorney general
• Esther McVey, housing minister
• Chris Skidmore, universities and science minister
• Nusrat Ghani and George Freeman, transport ministers

Fuck, i only met with Skidmore yesterday afternoon - he did seem rather relaxed and blaise. The photos with the award winners are not going to go public now i guess

BlodwynPig

Here he is - bowing or stabbed in the back

Fambo Number Mive

Did Johnson really think Javid would fire his advisors or did he want Javid out but didn't have the courage to reshuffle him?

Fambo Number Mive

Looks like Johnson wants more control over other departments:

QuoteNumber Ten confirms No 10 and 11 Spads will be pooled and jointly advise PM and chancellor

All ultimately accountable to PM (as all advisors are in contracts)

https://twitter.com/nickeardleybbc/status/1227993099865067520

Shit Good Nose

Boris (and/or Cummings) basically wants to control every single facet of government, which means many many rash, stupid and very expensive decisions will be made without any barriers whatsoever - whatever Boris (and/or Cummings) wants Boris (and/or Cummings) will get, whether we like it or not.  No change there then.

I've heard Sunak be referred to as a yes man on more than one occasion, which probably accounts for how quickly he's risen to the top of the pile.

jobotic

EVery facet of government, followed by every facet of the judiciary .

Quote from: bgmnts on February 13, 2020, 01:03:51 PM
What exactly is it about the human condition that makes it desire to be ruled over and mistreated? To actively make decisions to make the powerful even more powerful and the less powerful even less powerful?

If you're asking why the country elected Boris Johnson then I can answer that very easily for you - the alternative was an absolute fucking moonbat called Jeremy Corbyn

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: jobotic on February 13, 2020, 05:24:44 PM
EVery facet of government, followed by every facet of the judiciary .

Yep.  And traffic lights.  And lunchtimes.  And TV schedules.  Just everything.

JarrowMonkey

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on February 13, 2020, 05:28:34 PM
If you're asking why the country elected Boris Johnson then I can answer that very easily for you - the alternative was an absolute fucking moonbat called Jeremy Corbyn

You really are the daftest cunt I've come across and I live in Jarrow

jobotic

Not because your man is any good then?

BlodwynPig

JarrowMonkey

Neither do I, hth

Twit 2

Sebastian Cobb

Emphasize the flaws

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: pancreas on February 13, 2020, 02:56:13 PM
There's a lot of fucken idiots wot are #cancelled:

• Julian Smith, Northern Ireland secretary

I'd never really heard of the man until today (last time I looked it was Brokenshire, and although I knew he'd gone, it hadn't really registered who'd replaced him), but it does seem that the last thing he is, is an idiot: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51487695

Glowing tribute from Leo Varadkar, there.

When I first read the news this morning, there was a bit in an earlier version of this page that said something along the lines of

Quote from: the BBC earlier, approximatelyThe civil servants in his department had been fervently hoping he'd be left in place by Mr. Johnson, one of them describing him as "the most intelligent and engaged minister we've had in over 10 years".

(Where's that site that auto-archives old versions of the BBC news pages?  Is it still going?)

It seems that perhaps the only idiotic thing he did was not to keep his head down in cabinet.

Unless, of course, you know different...

Pingers