Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:27:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sajid Javid... GONE [split topic]

Started by Norton Canes, February 13, 2020, 11:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Apparently Smith once said that a no deal Brexit might not be entirely beneficial for Northern Ireland, so he had to go.

Ambient Sheep

Yup, that sounds about right.

Seems like Boris is even more from the Trumpian narcissistic "Can't take one milligram of criticism or even differing opinions" school than we thought.

Cold Meat Platter

I notice the new guy's head is a drastically different shape. I wonder how that will play out?

pancreas

Tell you what, though, if getting rid of Javid means more government spending, even if a lot of it is on absolute shite, I'm not completely sure it's a terrible outcome.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on February 13, 2020, 10:06:54 PM
I notice the new guy's head is a drastically different shape. I wonder how that will play out?

I always thought Javid always looked like a slightly hamfisted photoshop where someone's fucked up the scaling and put too small features on too big a head.

marquis_de_sad

Rishi Sunak looks like Stephen Mangan in brownface.

Sebastian Cobb

I'm not going to be able to unsee that now.

Blumf

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on February 13, 2020, 11:40:55 PM
Rishi Sunak looks like Stephen Mangan in brownface.

If the Miliband brothers had a secret love child.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: pancreas on February 13, 2020, 11:25:06 PM
Tell you what, though, if getting rid of Javid means more government spending, even if a lot of it is on absolute shite, I'm not completely sure it's a terrible outcome.

The funny thing is you might be right.

Ferris

Quote from: Blumf on February 14, 2020, 12:10:08 AM
If the Miliband brothers had a secret love child.

An excuse to use my excellent punchline that (currently) doesn't have a setup attached.

"Dave Milliband, Ed Milliband, and the Steve Miller Band!"

BlodwynPig

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 14, 2020, 03:33:03 AM
An excuse to use my excellent punchline that (currently) doesn't have a setup attached.

"Dave Milliband, Ed Milliband, and the Steve Miller Band!"

Athleston... He's here every week.

Alberon

The Telegraph's view of the reshuffle.

Norton Canes

Shit Good Nose

Sunak can't stop beaming.  He's like a small child on peak era Jim'll.

Meanwhile...

"I worked so hard.  I gave him everything and this is how he repays me"

"I'm such a failure.  What am I going to tell the wife and kids?"

"...hang on a mo..."

"I can do the conference and after-dinner circuit without worrying!!!!"

Blue Jam

BoJo is deffo fashioning himself a combover now.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 14, 2020, 03:05:22 PM
BoJo is deffo fashioning himself a combover now.
To do that he'd have to actually brush his hair.

Fambo Number Mive

So Javid didn't do a Lawson or Howe in his speech today.

QuoteSajid Javid has said his resignation as Chancellor was necessary to uphold the "national interest" and sensible "checks and balances" in government.

He quit the cabinet in the prime minister's ministerial reshuffle after a row over his advisers.

In a personal statement in the Commons explaining his decision, he defended the Treasury's independence and said it must be able to "speak truth to power".

He also warned the government not to abandon its fiscal discipline.

He offered his full support to Boris Johnson and his successor as chancellor, Rishi Sunak, who watched on as Mr Javid delivered a rare personal statement setting out the reasons for his surprise exit last month.

But in a warning to the PM, he said Mr Sunak - who will deliver the Budget in two weeks' time - should be given the "space to do his job without fear or favour"...

He does seem to have pulled his punches somewhat, although I do wonder if Johnson has made one powerful enemy in the Tory Party.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51642535