Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:52:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Why would you advertise your food with photos like these?

Started by holyzombiejesus, February 13, 2020, 07:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

QuoteMichael Marrow Stop it, I am salivating already 🍺😍

Not sure if this really warrants a thread. Maybe post pictures of shit food from menus or something. I dunno.

holyzombiejesus

QuoteNancy Allen Get Dennis to bring you tomorrow 😚

Cuellar

What do you mean why?

Because it looks great, that's why.

Dewt

Dewt

I like interpreting her intro as a threat

"I'm Kay, and I'm back cooking again"

Dewt

What I love most about Kay is that she was asked if she was an Iron Maiden fan and she said not really, doesn't know any of their songs, just likes the t-shirts.

canadagoose

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on February 13, 2020, 07:09:43 PM

What is this, tea for a ten-year-old? Even then there's not enough fibre. You'll get constipated.

Dewt

Simply undercook the burger, that'll have you shitting.

Anyway, it'll be full of rusk.

canadagoose

Quote from: Dewt on February 13, 2020, 07:33:34 PM
Simply undercook the burger, that'll have you shitting.

Anyway, it'll be full of rusk.
I'd forgotten about that. Good old fillers.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Dewt on February 13, 2020, 07:31:23 PM
What I love most about Kay is that she was asked if she was an Iron Maiden fan and she said not really, doesn't know any of their songs, just likes the t-shirts.

Fair comment, really.

Hand Solo

Quote from: Dewt on February 13, 2020, 07:31:23 PM

It's appropriate really as her food makes people Run To The Hills

lol

Dewt

king_tubby

If that second one in the OP is rag pudding with mushy peas, it is supposed to look like that.

Sebastian Cobb

Stuff like this, and the existence of Greggs always reminds me of this quote from Jill Your Friends

QuoteOne thing you'll learn when you're in the business of selling utter shite to the Great British Public is that there's really no bottom to where they'll go. Shit food, shit TV, shit bands, shit films, shit houses. There is absolutely no fucking bottom with this stuff. The shittier you can make it - a bad photocopy of a bad photocopy of what was a shit idea in the first place - the more they'll eat it up with a big fucking spoon, from dawn till dusk, from now until the end of time. It's too good.

bgmnts

I am a big proponent of being as unpretentious as possible in terms of food, anytime I come across French or Italian or Japanese people who very proud of their cuisine and turn their nose down at British cuisine, I tend to argue against them just because its a bit snobbery.

Honestly though, it is really fucking embarrassing how little  we care about what we shove in our fat faces. Grey overprocessed cow and pig anus shoved into flaky pastry, tinned beans slathered next to a shit fried egg and fried bread.

Just bland, unhealthy fat crap; no care, no culture, nothing.

Other than our sense of humour, Britain really is bankrupt as fuck.

hamfist

Dewt

I think what you're saying is only true of the school dinner/McCain-level stuff. British food is characterised by there being a cultural or practical reason for most of it, it's comforting, and when done well it's something absolutely grand. It's the capacity it has for being done badly and the post-war period that gives it such a bad reputation.

I will absolutely take it over the American culture of food that I've experienced, any day. Americans generally just want food that has the right ingredients. Wanking over tacos because they have avocado or some kind of special onion or whatever, with really no expectations beyond that ingredient being included. Nachos with ingredients piled on being particularly reveled, something that has virtually no scope for finesse, a good nachos being decided entirely by its content.

I'm generalising and biased due to childhood but that's certainly my general experience.

holyzombiejesus

So tempted to put that quote

QuoteOne thing you'll learn when you're in the business of selling utter shite to the Great British Public is that there's really no bottom to where they'll go. Shit food, shit TV, shit bands, shit films, shit houses. There is absolutely no fucking bottom with this stuff. The shittier you can make it - a bad photocopy of a bad photocopy of what was a shit idea in the first place - the more they'll eat it up with a big fucking spoon, from dawn till dusk, from now until the end of time. It's too good.

in the comments for this.

QuoteThe Border rose there's only one thing to say, amazing. Best food anywhere and I've been to a lot of places and all over the Lake District but there nowhere to match it.

holyzombiejesus

QuoteThe making of the most FAMOUS CHEESE PIE in the world xx 8kg cheese in each one xx

Icehaven

canadagoose

Dewt

Do you think maybe it's because it hasn't been cooked yet

canadagoose

Quote from: Dewt on February 13, 2020, 09:30:43 PM
Do you think maybe it's because it hasn't been cooked yet
Yeah but why would you post a pre-cooking picture?

Bazooka

Quote from: bgmnts on February 13, 2020, 08:39:33 PM
I am a big proponent of being as unpretentious as possible in terms of food, anytime I come across French or Italian or Japanese people who very proud of their cuisine and turn their nose down at British cuisine, I tend to argue against them just because its a bit snobbery.

Honestly though, it is really fucking embarrassing how little  we care about what we shove in our fat faces. Grey overprocessed cow and pig anus shoved into flaky pastry, tinned beans slathered next to a shit fried egg and fried bread.

Just bland, unhealthy fat crap; no care, no culture, nothing.

Other than our sense of humour, Britain really is bankrupt as fuck.

Speak for yourself, some of us can cook.  And UK processed food is much better quality than most other countries, including Japan.

bgmnts

Quote from: Bazooka on February 13, 2020, 09:35:52 PM
Speak for yourself, some of us can cook.  And UK processed food is much better quality than most other countries, including Japan.

Cook what?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I once lived near a Chinese restaurant that had a sign up in the window for several years saying "Fine Dinning". I haven't been past there for a while, but I hope the sign is still there.