Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:51:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ricky Gervais's After Life series 2

Started by Blue Jam, February 13, 2020, 08:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Quote from: notjosh on June 01, 2020, 07:36:06 PM

look at the inking on this fucker. it is art.

Luttrell Psalter, British Library, Add MS 42130. c.1330. guy painting these margins clearly lost his shit at some point but still had more artistry in his bellend that Ricky will ever possess

Cuellar

Armin Meiwes

Haha yeah saw that, hard to know if it's someone havin a bit of bantz with an old mate of his or, if the rumours of their falling out are to be believed, someone stick the knife in to their ex-mates substandard output.

neveragain

Well, they don't normally seem to communicate online.

Petey Pate

I wouldn't be surprised if it was an unintentional swipe and that Merchant has never bothered watching After Life.  Given that Gervais shows no interest in any of his or Karl's solo projects, who would blame him?

Armin Meiwes

Ah pretty much guarantee Gervais watches all their stuff in the hope it's shit, not sure the other way round tho.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Petey Pate on July 20, 2020, 04:20:59 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was an unintentional swipe and that Merchant has never bothered watching After Life.  Given that Gervais shows no interest in any of his or Karl's solo projects, who would blame him?

That was my immediate thought too. Merchant hasn't watched After Life, as he's not really interested in what Gervais is up to. He's presumably seen a bit of Derek, and that was enough.

BritishHobo

Wonder how he feels about all the people in the replies quoting the Xfm shows at him.

Armin Meiwes

Come ON though there's no way he didn't know what he was saying there.. I mean that's basically 80% of Gervais's most recent shitty show, there's no way he just happened upon that observation!

Uncle TechTip

More importantly, does James King post here?

Captain Z

Thread needs Merchant's grinning face phoshopped onto Kerry Godliman's swimming body.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: OpenMikeKnight on July 20, 2020, 01:56:14 PM
https://twitter.com/StephenMerchant/status/1285150678864875521

It should be said that while Fighting With My Family was a generic and cliche riddled sports/coming of age dramedy, it was a really, really good example of how to make cliches work. It had the right amount of laughs and air punching moments! While it's no classic, it is head and shoulders above After Life.

So he's well within his rights to be a bit gobby here.