Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:58:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Alan Partridge Podcast & This Time S2 Coming

Started by Malcy, February 14, 2020, 12:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

QuoteThis Time With Alan Partridge is to return to BBC One for a second series.

Steve Coogan revealed the news whilst speaking on the BBC Radio 2 Breakfast Show with host Zoe Ball.

When asked, "Is Alan returning to our screens any time soon?", the comedy star replied: "Uh, he will, there'll be another series of This Time in the next 12 months, but there's a podcast starting next month so."

Prompted further about the podcast, Coogan said: "It's called From The Oast House."

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/5658/alan_partridge_series_2/

beanheadmcginty

That's such a perfect Partridge-style name for the podcast.

holyzombiejesus

I won't hold my breath. Things seem to take so long in the Partridge universe. I thought that Coast style programme was due to be aired around Christmas?

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on February 14, 2020, 12:48:51 PM
That's such a perfect Partridge-style name for the podcast.

There aren't any oast houses in Norfolk... has he moved to Kent?

SteK

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on February 14, 2020, 01:52:31 PM

The an Oast House in Bolton. It's a name of pub....

Ferris

Looking forward to this. The podcast especially.

Glebe

Cuellar

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on February 14, 2020, 01:52:31 PM

I genuinely don't think that would stop him using the name for his 'house' (probably the shed).

He wanted to call his new build 'The Old Rectory'

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Cuellar on February 14, 2020, 03:02:25 PM
I genuinely don't think that would stop him using the name for his 'house' (probably the shed).

It's no Ye House. Ideally the podcast would change its name every week, as he keeps changing his mind about what the house is called.

petril

hope his autograph gets bigger on every podcast episode

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Malcy

18 episodes of From The Oast House.

In a separate interview with Absolute Radio, he clarified further to host Dave Berry: "There is going to be more Partridge in 2020. There'll be another This Time though that won't be this year, that'll be probably next year. Then there might be a documentary series with Alan roving around Britain.

"But the next thing that's coming out is a podcast, which is out next month, called From The Oast House, With Alan Partridge. There's 18 of those and they're about 20 minutes each. They're very sort of one-on-one. If anyone wants Alan up close and personal in their own space then the podcast is an opportunity."

markburgle

Gotta say the wealth of new Partridge in the last few years and the further deluge of stuff upcoming is one of the only things that makes me feel lucky to be alive.

chveik

this is exciting. 18 episodes is really a lot of Partridge, I wonder what kind of format it will be.

bgmnts

Could this actually overtake Mince as funniest podcast going?

McChesney Duntz

Could be. Partridge on or about the radio (or whatever audio equivalents there are) is about the best Partridge there is. Pretty excited at the prospect...

BlodwynPig

Beagle 2

For me, they should have left This Time at one series, but the podcast is absolutely incredible news.

Dewt

Maybe they will figure out how to make This Time less sterile.

Ja'moke

Partridge in podcast form sounds perfect to me.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Dewt on February 17, 2020, 04:12:51 PM

All they need to do is add a smattering of laughter from the studio crew a la The One Show. Even if the crew were laughing at Alan rather than with him, it would add a bit of atmosphere and verisimilitude.

Anyway, an Alan podcast. Yes. That sounds marvelous.

kalowski

Just make it funny, please.
I imagine the podcast will be excellent as it will allow Alan to enter places where his thoughts have formally been, but never articulated.
As for TTWAP, I just want the writers to add a hint of verisimilitude and dial down the ridiculous.

notjosh

The constant cutting between different takes was one of the main culprits. They should do it Knowing Me Knowing You style - 'as live' with a real studio audience.

pigamus

I bet it only got a second series because Coogan threatened to kill himself if Piers Morgan got to say "Did you get a second series Steve?" on Twitter.

ToneLa

Can't wait to stoically watch it, with pencil & pad at ready to clinically delineate what "works" and what does not "work"

And like, revisit it a few months later on a sick day and find myself chuckling along willynilly with my critical faculties disabled, just hooting and guffawing at the funny man saying a-ha

Ferris

Is there a launch date for this? He said "next month" back in Feb so assuming it is soon

Bazooka

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 04, 2020, 10:12:54 PM
Is there a launch date for this? He said "next month" back in Feb so assuming it is soon

It's already been on mate, you missed us banging on about it for ages.

Utter Shit

The lack of info coming about the podcast is weird. Hopefully they are just planning to bang it out without much fanfare. It better come out soon, I can only take so many football podcasts joking about how they have no football to talk about.

holyzombiejesus

Partridge time seems to work differently to normal time. The Gibbons (& Coogan I think) stated that he was shooting that travelog series last Spring and the second series of MMM was filmed fucking ages before it aired.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: notjosh on February 17, 2020, 09:33:07 PM
The constant cutting between different takes was one of the main culprits. They should do it Knowing Me Knowing You style - 'as live' with a real studio audience.

Agreed, I'm amazed it didn't have a Big Breakfast/One Show/TFI Friday style set up with a standing audience for Alan to interact with.

One of the bits that worked well in the first series was the section when there was an audience and that person fell off the end.