Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:24:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Alan Partridge Podcast & This Time S2 Coming

Started by Malcy, February 14, 2020, 12:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

Quote from: Pancake on June 11, 2020, 02:11:21 PM
It's an Audiobook, it's only a podcast in-world

Bit of a shame that though isn't it? This Time With Alan Partridge is a TV show and I'm Alan Partridge is a book.

Pancake

Yes it would have been nice to get this free via the usual podcast channels rather than pay them for it

popcorn

Quote from: Pancake on June 11, 2020, 02:19:42 PM
Yes it would have been nice to get this free via the usual podcast channels rather than pay them for it

Don't be a twat. I'm saying it's a slightly less elegant format than books or TV for that reason, not demanding I get free content

(There is a part of me that wonders if he could have done an actual podcast with ads, so Alan would be advertising SquareSpace with the rest - I think that might have been brilliant actually.)

popcorn

Quote from: Pancake on June 11, 2020, 02:30:03 PM
You seem very angry

If someone can think of a way for me to respond to this post and win please PM me.

Retinend

Quote from: Pancake on June 11, 2020, 02:07:26 PM
Yes it's a verbal knifing, something about going to the gym

aaah this is it  - he says "(verbal) knifing... I did that with my ex-wife... (chuckling) "don't you go to the gym anymore?" ... things like that"

amateur

Quote from: popcorn on June 11, 2020, 02:36:18 PM
If someone can think of a way for me to respond to this post and win please PM me.

Have you got any anecdotes about besting Peter Purves?

paruses

Enjoyed and will more than likely buy when released.

Couple of jarring bits like the wife/ex-wife thing and I also did not care for the two SAS jokes so close together. Seemed a little forced.

Very much liked his snooping - lots of nice touches in that bit not least
Spoiler alert
how Alan's deductions are proved correct - seemed a much better choice than him being wrong.
[close]

shiftwork2

Alan's been trawling the forum for talented poets.

Quote from: Retinend on June 11, 2020, 11:14:25 AM
Autumn Leaves
by Alan Partridge
Quote from: shiftwork2 on September 05, 2018, 06:06:44 PM
AUTUMN
by
shiftwork2

Leaf dies
And falls
Gone brown like shit
Leaf is you

Retinend

bgmnts

Will people be uploading these shit drm'd audible shits onto soundcloud/youtube?

jofo

flippin' youtube links are down. I've pre ordered it but cant wait to september to hear this again.

Does anyone have a link?

Retinend

jofo

Quote from: Retinend on June 19, 2020, 11:47:34 AM
AlanPartridge-FromTheOasthouse_s1e01.mp3

Thank you so much, I was saving it for a more peaceful time when the kids were in bed and I could listen to it in all it's glory. Then Audible ripped it down from YT.

Jurassic park!

ASFTSN

Is the big bastard house Alan was living in in Alpha Papa not canon any more, or did he have to downsize to an oast house? I've probably missed something from one of the audiobooks there...

jobotic

Do they have oast houses in Norfolk. I thought they were exclusive to us here in KENT.

Train loads of happy smiling cockneys didn't use to go to Norfolk to pick hops for exploitative farmers as a holiday did they?

buttgammon

Quote from: ASFTSN on June 23, 2020, 10:15:31 AM
Is the big bastard house Alan was living in in Alpha Papa not canon any more, or did he have to downsize to an oast house? I've probably missed something from one of the audiobooks there...

He says something in one of the TV programmes (Scissored Isle I think) about how the mortgage repayments crippled him, so maybe there's a financial reason.

ASFTSN

Quote from: jobotic on June 23, 2020, 10:28:19 AM
Do they have oast houses in Norfolk. I thought they were exclusive to us here in KENT.

Train loads of happy smiling cockneys didn't use to go to Norfolk to pick hops for exploitative farmers as a holiday did they?

One quick google now has me imagining that Alan's been sold a hovel to live in under the guise it's "possibly Norfolk's only surviving oast house".

Dewt

Quote from: ASFTSN on June 23, 2020, 10:15:31 AM
Isn't it more likely that Alan has named his shed The Oasthouse?

paruses

In Scissored Isle as he is getting into the Land Rover for the first time you he comes out of Denton Abbey and says something like "This is my house where I definitely live. I live here" and looks really shifty. I never quite got that bit - was the joke that he'd lost the house or was filming in front of a stand-in property (like Siralan's plane on The Apprentice)?

zomgmouse

Everyone writing about Alan Partridge invariably sounds like Alan Partridge.

Malcy

popcorn

That's a really long clip, has that leaked?

olliebean

Is it my fault if the survey didn't bother to include a warning about not sharing the content?

popcorn

Ooh that sounds like a good survey. I want to take that survey.