Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,188
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:09:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Alan Partridge Podcast & This Time S2 Coming

Started by Malcy, February 14, 2020, 12:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it an impingement of the rotator cuff?
Might be.
But I ain't gonna tell you, boy!

Thank you very much for sharing! That works much better as a taster for the show in general than the outside episode they shared.
"Is there a sissy hotline?" :D Looking forward to this.

Non Stop Dancer

QDRPHNC

I tried my best to not listen to it, but I couldn't resist. Very strong, I'm very excited to get the full series.

Loved the sudden swerve into a youth-oriented update. "He's not a confident lad, but his mum will be there."

markburgle

Best AGP in ages. So he's off North Norfolk Digital now?

spaghetamine

Quote from: QDRPHNC on July 18, 2020, 03:03:10 PM
"He's not a confident lad, but his mum will be there."

thought that was very sweet, excited for this

Kryton

The intro is fucking brill too. Do we reckon Alan will get some kind of consequence for his phone call?

DrGreggles

That clip is terrific.

How has
Spoiler alert
Homes & What's On
[close]
not already existed?

Quote from: olliebean on July 13, 2020, 10:25:07 AM
New clip: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A5Fk8IHlay8P9sRVLlCzKu6fbr96yGq5/view?usp=sharing

I can't remember the exact quote but I loved the bit where it mentions someone spotting Alan in the swimming baths and he was doing widths.  What a fantastically understated insult. 

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Dave The Triffids on July 20, 2020, 03:01:58 PM
I can't remember the exact quote but I loved the bit where it mentions someone spotting Alan in the swimming baths and he was doing widths.  What a fantastically understated insult.

As is seeing him in Asda and Argos.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

GET IN LANE

Yes! Laughed more in that 10 minutes than the rambling episode released.

Malcy

Don't know if any of this is new but saw it earlier.

Quote from Partridge and a clip. Didnt listen to the clip since I'm waiting for it to be released.

QuoteLike most people, I assumed those who hosted podcasts were pale, tech-obsessed social lepers who live with their mums and couldn't get a platform on any meaningful broadcaster so started spouting their bloated opinions into their USB microphones to flatter their groaning sense of self-importance.

"But then I spoke to a man I'd never heard of before from Audible. HE called ME and made me an offer. I countered. He came back. I countered again. In short, we hammered out the details (to my satisfaction) and the result is a series of podcasts. They've been described as very good/sensational."

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/radio/2020-08-05/alan-partridge-podcast-preview/

Shoulders?-Stomach!

That idea could have been slightly trimmed down I think.

paruses

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 06, 2020, 08:29:38 PM
That idea could have been slightly trimmed down I think.

Wasn't keen. Felt more like a bit from The Trip (first series - I haven't seen the others) with the two of them talking about VO work.

BlodwynPig

Annie Labuntur

The "refreshing" callback at the end was pretty weak.

Is part of the conceit that Alan is reading a script for his podcast, thereby misunderstanding what a podcast is? If not, I don't want it to feel like it's Coogan reading as Alan, which some of this does. The bits where it sounds like Alan's winging it are the best.

Quote from: Annie Labuntur on August 08, 2020, 01:28:58 AM
The "refreshing" callback at the end was pretty weak.

Is part of the conceit that Alan is reading a script for his podcast, thereby misunderstanding what a podcast is? If not, I don't want it to feel like it's Coogan reading as Alan, which some of this does. The bits where it sounds like Alan's winging it are the best.

It sounds so far like a mixture of both. The ramble from the first clip at least suggests it's not just gonna be a script reading..

sevendaughters

I liked that clip, it was amusingly pedantic, the pay-off wasn't exactly I said ping pong balls not king kong's balls but there were several small titters along the way.

notjosh

Reminder that the podcast is released tomorrow.

How are you all planning to listen? I'm going to resist a binge and do one an evening for the next few weeks. Which means I'll probably stay out of this thread till it's all done.

kalowski

Bit in the Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/sep/02/alan-partridge-podcast-interview-boris-johnson-oasthouse?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

QuoteAfter the year we've been through, there are more important things than how much you earn or what racquets club you're a member of or how sweet your wheels are. And people say, 'That's the Insignia GSi, isn't it? Nine-speed automatic with paddle shift? Keyless entry, e-boost hydraulic brakes, heated front seats with massage functionality?' And I just chuckle. Some even peer through the window and say, 'Tell you what, Alan, for a 40k car, this is specced to absolute buggery.' And I just shrug and, again, chuckle.