Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,574,321
  • Total Topics: 106,599
  • Online Today: 546
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:25:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Alan Partridge Podcast & This Time S2 Coming

Started by Malcy, February 14, 2020, 12:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puce Moment

Patridge and Podcasts - a marriage made in heaven. Given that I think the greatest thing ever done with that character is his audiobok with its head-spinning volume of LOLZ, I couldn't be happier.

Captain Z

I just loaded up the Nomad audio book on the Audible app for yet another listen and the "condemnations" section at the start has been removed! I didn't even know that could happen, I assume there's an auto-update function, but anyone know why? Guessing one of the names has recently become controversial?

Kryton

Quote from: Captain Z on March 17, 2020, 02:10:20 AM
I just loaded up the Nomad audio book on the Audible app for yet another listen and the "condemnations" section at the start has been removed! I didn't even know that could happen, I assume there's an auto-update function, but anyone know why? Guessing one of the names has recently become controversial?

I believe this has been mentioned previously, possibly in another thread. I too would assume someone has taken offence, but have nothing to base that on, besides it being an odd move.

Can you remember who was mentioned? Been a while since I read/listened.

Dewt

I bet it's the last name he mentions. Although that would have been easy to edit out.

batwings

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: batwings on March 17, 2020, 09:47:58 AM
Is it because Peter Sissons died?

More likely to be Timpsons in Norwich, as the Chapelfield branch actually exists.

QDRPHNC

Ferris

Quote from: QDRPHNC on April 03, 2020, 02:24:09 PM
No word on this yet?

Was just wondering about this the other day. Coogan has played us, "next month" indeed.

notjosh

The BBC has been showing the clip from IAP S2 where he plans his Bond marathon, as a sort of "Stay Indoors" public information film between programmes. So there's that.

Utter Shit

Malcy

Utter Shit

Malcy

It's not been mentioned again since that interview.

Utter Shit

What baffles me is that he said it had all been recorded already, so I'm not really sure why the lockdown would prevent it coming out - if anything you'd think it would be the perfect time to put it out.

Dewt

Post production, editing, scouring it for things that suddenly became controversial, waiting for the most profitable time to release it

Thomas

Could be that it's supposed to be set in the present day, aired week to week like This Time and and KMKYWAP, and that the content doesn't make sense right now as life's gone topsy and everybody's stuck indoors. Dunno. Big fat guess.

Dewt

It's actually a real bummer that this wasn't created after 'rona hit, because an isolated Partridge would be glorious. Like Basic Alan stretched out to four months.

Bazooka

I can see Alan ignoring many of the rules, especially traveling, he would be driving all over East Anglia.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Bazooka on April 23, 2020, 05:04:34 PM
I can see Alan ignoring many of the rules, especially traveling, he would be driving all over East Anglia.

Carefully observing and reporting others for it but making exceptions for himself.

Malcy

Ferris

olliebean

Also it's going to cost £19.99 without an Audible subscription. But apparently if you've got an Alexa (or can bear to install the Alexa app) you can get an episode for free, now, by telling it to read from The Oasthouse.

pigamus

Captain Z

Somehow I've ended up with enough free trials to give me 7 books in my Audible account without ever paying a penny, hoping that another one turns up in time for this.

buntyman

18 episodes! Great news, I'd gladly pay £20 for that* if it's anything like as good as the audio books. It seems like theyre probably already recorded so it's a shame there's such a long wait for them. Now seems the time to be making the most of the captive podcast audience.

* I'll definitely be exploiting audible trial promotions

Malcy

Asked Alexa to play the first episode and it told me go to Audible. Fuck it. Ill just wait until it comes out and buy it. September is a fair bit away though.

Gurke and Hare

Is there any indication of what you'll get for your £20? If it's 18 DRM free MP3 files (other formats are available) then fine. If it's some shitty thing that you can only listen to in Audible forget it, I'll find a pirated version somewhere.

I wish they wouldn't call things that aren't podcasts podcasts though.