Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:36:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Alan Partridge Podcast & This Time S2 Coming

Started by Malcy, February 14, 2020, 12:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yeah, it's got DRM up the wazoo and they'd much rather you streamed the content you've bought, but there are ways to download the aax files and convert them to mp3s.
It's one of the many reasons I would never pay a single penny for the service. I've got a token or whatever left over from a free trial so I'll just use that.

jake thunder

Someone please upload this. You could just record it on your phone or sutin. Thanks.

Ferris

Quote from: buntyman on June 05, 2020, 09:08:55 AM
It seems like theyre probably already recorded so it's a shame there's such a long wait for them. Now seems the time to be making the most of the captive podcast audience.

Yeah that seems a '90s throwback - why wait for 3 months to release them if they were almost done in February?

bgmnts

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on June 05, 2020, 11:53:41 AM
Yeah, it's got DRM up the wazoo and they'd much rather you streamed the content you've bought, but there are ways to download the aax files and convert them to mp3s.

I'm shit at tech stuff but have downloaded various things and still haven't managed to convert aax files into mp3s.

Ooh, thank you!

This is the convertor I used most recently and it worked great - https://github.com/audiamus/AaxAudioConverter

QDRPHNC

Yes, thanks!

So it's just this one for now and they're saving the rest until September?

Edit: This is great. I think I have done precisely that rant about weekend cyclists in their aerodynamic lycra. I'm 43 next week.

Ferris

Enjoying it.

Spoiler alert
The Queen Latifah/Halle Berry gag got a laugh out of me, even if it was a bit signposted
[close]

popcorn

Does using Alexa for this actually fucking work for anyone? When I try it Alexa gives me google search results.

Ferris

Quote from: popcorn on June 05, 2020, 07:12:32 PM
Does using Alexa for this actually fucking work for anyone? When I try it Alexa gives me google search results.

Wouldn't want to download alexa and find out. Get yer grubby mitts off my data

popcorn

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 05, 2020, 07:34:24 PM
Wouldn't want to download alexa and find out. Get yer grubby mitts off my data

We've all got your data Ferris.

Ferris

Mango Chimes

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 05, 2020, 03:11:31 PMEdit: This is great. I think I have done precisely that rant about weekend cyclists in their aerodynamic lycra. I'm 43 next week.

It's concerning. Is Partridge becoming more correct, or am I becoming more Patridge? I thought the same about pre-ordering. Yes, Alan! It does mean the same thing as ordering!

Oh dear.

Dyl Spinks

Thanks billiabus. Looking forward to listening to this.

Twonty Gostelow

Thinking about people not wanting to shell out £20 to Audible reminded me of Partridge's old Twitter rant when the e-book of Nomad was reduced to £1.99. (The Chomp line is perfect.)

Read from the bottom up.

paddy72

Quote from: billiabus cricketeer on June 05, 2020, 01:39:12 PM
https://mega.nz/file/YSx2TAKI#3gh6Jw99xKYOx0Roq1X98bsRJbqyWflsZ7nyAAwuHYM

Here go

Thanks!

See, now that's getting back to peak Alan.

For me, he's at his absolute best on a smaller scale, as with MMM. Like many on here, I wasn't crazy about This Time.

Can't wait for the rest of the series.

Utter Shit

So Partridge is married now? That line was oddly thrown in, with no mention of his wife beyond that brief moment....pretty sure he was single during This Time?

QDRPHNC

I assumed he was referring to Carol, but could be wrong.

Ferris

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 06, 2020, 05:06:14 PM
I assumed he was referring to Carol, but could be wrong.

I also assumed that.

He's also moved out of Denton Abbey (although did he ever live there in the first place??) which, considering paying the mortgage crippled him, seems out of character.

Tony Tony Tony

Loved it thanks to Billabus. Couldn't get Alexa on board no matter how I pronounced oasthouse.

Deffo up with peak Partridge with several snort out moments.

Anyone else think there were quite a few nods to Buckles podcast?

Mango Chimes

Anything specific? There's a similarity with it being a man recording a podcast whilst walking around a field in Norfolk, but Alan was there first.

The theme song made me laugh every time. Nice continuation from Scissored Isle.

Having typed that, I realise a self-sung theme tune is an Adam thing too, but I only took it as a nod to Alan's previous work whilst listening.

Tony Tony Tony

Nods in that the podcast starts with a commentary on a dog walk, the Norfolk countryside (obvs), self recorded jingles, references to 'my wife' and a fair bit of shouting.