Author Topic: New Alan Partridge Podcast & This Time S2 Coming  (Read 46380 times)

BeardFaceMan

• Safely ensconced on top of the bathroom cabinet
    • mixes'n'mashes
Re: New Alan Partridge Podcast & This Time S2 Coming
« Reply #630 on: October 09, 2020, 03:14:18 PM »
https://www.vice.com/en/article/4ayjpj/oral-history-of-alan-partridge

Nice little article with quotes from all involved.

Utter Shit

• Snotty Bumstead
« Reply #631 on: October 09, 2020, 03:31:42 PM »
If anyone's interested, the Monkey Tennis podcast has put out interviews with Tim Key and Susannah Fielding in the past couple of weeks. If you can get past the slightly irritating hosts, the interviews are definitely worth listening to - Tim Key's is great as you'd expect, and Susannah Fielding's gives a lot of detail about how This Time was made, with a few little bits of info about the next series. Nothing particularly revelatory, but enough to whet the appetite.

« Reply #632 on: October 09, 2020, 06:33:22 PM »
New history of Partridge article by Vice, with interviews: https://www.vice.com/en/article/4ayjpj/oral-history-of-alan-partridge

QDRPHNC

• Golden Member
  • "A soupçon of pizzazz."
« Reply #633 on: October 09, 2020, 06:34:24 PM »

« Reply #634 on: October 09, 2020, 06:36:28 PM »
(dumb gag deleted)

« Reply #635 on: October 09, 2020, 07:29:57 PM »
I am thick sorry.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Silver Member
  • Binkle County Belm Aggregates
    • http://jackanderton.jamendo.net/
« Reply #636 on: October 09, 2020, 07:47:04 PM »
Anyone seen this? Pretty good article - https://www.vice.com/en/article/4ayjpj/oral-history-of-alan-partridge

Cheers for the share, that is pretty good (although it'd be even better to just read everything all of them had to say rather than the curated version!)

Captain Z

• CABBALD
« Reply #637 on: October 11, 2020, 11:52:54 PM »
https://www.vice.com/en/article/4ayjpj/oral-history-of-alan-partridge

Nice little article with quotes from all involved.

Quote from: Arthur Mathews
We actually had Steve read for Father Ted at one stage, because he did this impression of an Irish relative he had. We were going to use that kind of character – it would have been for the Eurovision episode, he would have been the presenter – but it didn't work out.

That was pretty big, shame it didn't work out.

Also...

Quote from: Steve Coogan
So: politics, sexual politics, post-woke cancel culture, all the rest of all that stuff that people get very passionate about. I just wouldn't bother talking about that stuff because I want a quiet life. That's why I don't use social media. I don't want to get sucked into a vortex. I've seen other people get sucked into pointless conversations with people they don't know, and I just can't think of anything worse.

BeardFaceMan

• Safely ensconced on top of the bathroom cabinet
    • mixes'n'mashes
« Reply #638 on: October 12, 2020, 07:54:14 AM »
He's right when he says he channels all that stuff through Alan instead, you can usually tell when Alan is talking about something Coogan is interested in (cars), or you can gauge Coogan's opinion on something from the way Alan talks about it (like The Daily Mail, grammar mistakes etc). I notice that kind of thing a lot more in the Alan material since the Gibbons Bros came on board.

« Reply #639 on: October 14, 2020, 05:50:13 PM »
Is there such a thing as a written version or transcript of Oasthouse?

Audible must have to cater to the deaf I'd've thought.

magval

• Magnum Valentino
« Reply #640 on: October 14, 2020, 06:30:20 PM »
I wonder is that the case? Aren't there other audio-only products on there? It's not strictly a site for audio versions of printed books, I mean.

Dr Rock

• The BEST of luck!
« Reply #641 on: October 14, 2020, 06:37:21 PM »
https://www.hearinglikeme.com/audible-to-release-captions-for-audiobooks/

While Netflix, YouTube and TV have increased captioning awareness and accessibility, one form of media that hasn’t been accessible to the deaf and hard of hearing community, as of yet, is audiobooks.
This, however, is about to change.

Audible, Amazon’s audiobook company, says it had plans to release captions for audiobooks.

Soon, Audible customers will receive access to captions on any audiobook they choose. In addition to the captions, they’ll be able to highlight words, and look up definitions and language translations. All this will be able to be done through the Audible app.

That was last  year though, don't know if they've implemented it yet.

pigamus

• Sex, death, mayonnaise.
« Reply #642 on: October 14, 2020, 06:44:27 PM »
He's right when he says he channels all that stuff through Alan instead, you can usually tell when Alan is talking about something Coogan is interested in (cars), or you can gauge Coogan's opinion on something from the way Alan talks about it (like The Daily Mail, grammar mistakes etc). I notice that kind of thing a lot more in the Alan material since the Gibbons Bros came on board.

Yeah, I don't think it always works - I'm not totally buying Partridge as a grammar pedant, frinstance.

« Reply #643 on: October 15, 2020, 11:42:28 AM »
Onto my second listen of "From The Oasthouse" and it's fantastic.  It's so densely layered with subtle (and not-so-subtle) Alan-isms it's difficult to take them all in during one listen.  One of my favourite moments occurs when Alan describes running "like a bastard":
I take the same route every week.  Part of it, of course, crosses private property but when the farmer threatened to prosecute me, I threatened to tell DEFRA that he used his EEC grant to buy himself a Jag.  Checkmate!  He soon piped down..  ..and I continue to run across his potatoes.

« Reply #644 on: October 27, 2020, 08:27:48 PM »
So many tiny bits of his performance that crack me up in this. You cannot overstate how good Coogan is.
One that recently had me laughing in the street was his pronunciation of Chaka Khan in his dream description.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

• Oh it's a whole flock of detectives.
« Reply #645 on: November 01, 2020, 01:06:59 PM »
Watching a bunch of partridge this afternoon with a mate and we can't find Places Of My Life anywhere, torrents included strangely , has anyone got a copy they don't mind sharing please?!

TheMonk

• Hello folks
« Reply #646 on: November 01, 2020, 01:29:53 PM »
Available for purchase on iTunes with Open Books. They’ve called the package Partrimilgrimage.

Captain Z

• CABBALD
« Reply #647 on: November 01, 2020, 01:38:21 PM »

magval

• Magnum Valentino
« Reply #648 on: November 01, 2020, 08:47:26 PM »
Available for purchase on iTunes with Open Books. They’ve called the package Partrimilgrimage.

Same for DVD.

« Reply #649 on: November 16, 2020, 12:51:13 AM »
Sorry for the extremely slow response but this finally caught my eye:

Is there such a thing as a written version or transcript of Oasthouse?

Audible must have to cater to the deaf I'd've thought.

To which the correct response is:

I wonder is that the case? Aren't there other audio-only products on there? It's not strictly a site for audio versions of printed books, I mean.

There are plenty of other audio-only products on there, and that Audible captions business mentioned elsewhere in this thread -- it's been long bruited about but no sign yet of it actually coming in, mostly because it's a rights minefield.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Silver Member
  • Binkle County Belm Aggregates
    • http://jackanderton.jamendo.net/
« Reply #650 on: November 16, 2020, 12:54:23 AM »
Watching a bunch of partridge this afternoon with a mate and we can't find Places Of My Life anywhere, torrents included strangely , has anyone got a copy they don't mind sharing please?!

Pretty sure it was still on dailymotion or vimeo recently.

Tags: