Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:50:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jackson Carlaw elected leader of Scottish Conservatives

Started by machotrouts, February 14, 2020, 12:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

machotrouts

Succeeds Ruth Davidson with the votes of 4,917 party members. (6,498 people voted in total.)

I can't believe it's physically possible to say this about a person, but: Jim Davidson has let himself go.

greencalx

During the election campaign I was called by ICM and asked how satisfied I was with various political leaders. The interviewer got to "Jackson Carlaw" to which I responded "Who's that?" "The leader of the Scottish Conservatives" "OK - I guess you have your answer."

machotrouts

I'm very unsatisfied with Jackson Carlaw. He doesn't look like a Jackson Carlaw. I would want and expect a Jackson Carlaw to be some sort of birdlike pointy-faced Bond villain. Jackson Carlaw could be Rami Malek's name in 'No Time to Die'. This man? No.

He absolutely looks like a Scottish Tory, I'll give him that. But he's not a Jackson Carlaw, not one bit.

Captain Z

Jackson Carlaw sounds like another one of those alt-right Youtubers that becomes ubiquitous overnight largely due to thousands of people Tweeting that he should be ignored.

bgmnts

Sounds very Wild West to me.

The guy in the Quick and the Dead who is a trick shot artist but a fraudster, that kind of snake oil vibe.

dissolute ocelot

If the Scottish Tories can't get someone as distinctive as Ruth Davidson there's probably something to be said for picking a leader who's completely unmemorable. He looks exactly like every other gammon-faced middle-aged Scottish man with too much roast beef and money. I bet he enjoys beating salmon to death.

His name sounds like a hillwalker's social media status. That's my submission for the best Jackson Carlaw joke competition.

pancreas

Call me racits if you like but that is one mound of gammon.

Cuellar

Idea for a tv programme: Jacks On Car Law with Jackson Carlaw - several Jacks discuss the world of automotive law.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Blinder Data

Quote from: Cuellar on February 14, 2020, 03:00:55 PM
Idea for a tv programme: Jacks On Car Law with Jackson Carlaw - several Jacks discuss the world of automotive law.

Followed by 'Jack Son Carl, Aw', a heartwarming documentary that reunites people called Jack with their sons called Carl. Other prodigal sons are NOT required.

Sebastian Cobb

Imagine believing a former car salesman is the one who best represents your interests. Just fucking imagine it.

greencalx

Tories have this knack of single-handedly sounding like a firm of solicitors or property managers. Jackson Carlaw. Grant Shapps. Er, the other one.

easytarget

Quote from: machotrouts on February 14, 2020, 12:48:38 PM
Succeeds Ruth Davidson with the votes of 4,917 party members. (6,498 people voted in total.)
I can't believe it's physically possible to say this about a person, but: Jim Davidson has let himself go.

The BBC Scotland news programme did that thing today where they took a photo of old Jacko out onto the streets to see if anyone recognised the cunt.  Some guy in Hamilton said just that - "naw, oh er...is it that comedian...Jim Davidson?"

Shocking ignorance.  Imagine describing Jim Davidson as a comedian.

Quote from: Cuellar on February 14, 2020, 03:00:55 PM

Jacko used to be a used car salesman (in Scotland used car salesmen become leaders of the Tory Party) so he's probably taking notes.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: easytarget on February 14, 2020, 08:15:06 PM
Is he the leader of both Scottish Conservatives?

No, the other one hates him due to his craven appeasement of the papes/tarriers and is actively plotting to have removed and replaced by Mason RANGERS! FTP! Boyne.

Sherman Krank

Quote from: greencalx on February 14, 2020, 07:40:28 PM
Tories have this knack of single-handedly sounding like a firm of solicitors or property managers. Jackson Carlaw. Grant Shapps. Er, the other one.
Jacob Rees And Mogg?

Quote from: wikiwas joint head of FirstFord car dealership in the west of Scotland until it was placed into receivership in November 2002. He was also a director of Wylies (Automotive Services) until it went into administration in February 2003
Pure Jonah.

Still congratulations to wee Davy Carlaw for managing to grasp a poison chalice that even the utterly batshit Kirstene Hair didn't want.
I wonder if anyone has checked to see if that woman who stood against him actually exists?

machotrouts

His opponent was someone named Michelle Ballantyne. I don't know her. She has fewer Twitter followers than an old Big Brother parody account I used to run. Can't believe I conceded the moral high ground in this thread but there you go.

Hope she had a happy Ballantyne's Day!

edit: Oh no she already made that pun. I'm really coming across terribly in this thread, just a pitiful show.

Cuellar

Quote from: greencalx on February 14, 2020, 07:40:28 PM

Jack & Son: Car Law

Dex Sawash

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteCarlaw supported remain during the 2016 EU referendum and attacked Boris Johnson. Since the referendum result, he has supported both Brexit and Johnson, including in his role as interim Scottish Conservative leader.

Should be a fun job trying to convince people in Scotland that Johnson actually cares about anywhere outside of the South East. The offensive anti-Scottish poem published in the Spectator while he was editor doesn't look great, for example (Johnson didn't write it himself, as some think). Nor does his comment in 2005 that a Scot should not be the next PM. He gave the West Lothian question as one of his reasons.

Quote from: machotrouts on February 15, 2020, 07:04:39 AM
His opponent was someone named Michelle Ballantyne. I don't know her. She has fewer Twitter followers than an old Big Brother parody account I used to run. Can't believe I conceded the moral high ground in this thread but there you go.

Hope she had a happy Ballantyne's Day!

edit: Oh no she already made that pun. I'm really coming across terribly in this thread, just a pitiful show.

I think the only time most people have noticed Ballantyne was when she was Tory social security spokeswoman at Holyrood and said that people on benefits should be limited to 2 kids. And then it turned out that she had 6 kids and had claimed child benefit and tax credits in the past.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=2ahUKEwjHg-D8_NPnAhV1ShUIHcfJC3wQFjAEegQICBAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fav%2Fuk-scotland-scotland-politics-45970837%2Fmichelle-ballantyne-msp-people-on-benefits-cannot-have-as-many-children-as-they-like&usg=AOvVaw1Vtc9lbhtUQHN8Cp1wr97s

machotrouts

Ah now let's not get on our high horses. Who among us has not at some point dedicated our life to being a total fucking Tory cunt

thenoise

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 15, 2020, 04:09:46 PM
Should be a fun job trying to convince people in Scotland that Johnson actually cares about anywhere outside of the South East. The offensive anti-Scottish poem published in the Spectator while he was editor doesn't look great, for example (Johnson didn't write it himself, as some think). Nor does his comment in 2005 that a Scot should not be the next PM. He gave the West Lothian question as one of his reasons.

Tory voters don't want a government that cares about them. They just want them to hate the same people that they hate.