Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,479
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:08:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Man allowed to continue tweeting about men being men and women being women

Started by Shit Good Nose, February 14, 2020, 02:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shit Good Nose

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-51501202

What do we think about this then?  On the one hand some sub-par Glinner moaning about gender issues in a very moronic and childish way whilst loads of people complain about it that you just want to say "just don't fucking read twitter!!!!" to, on the other it's highlighted some interesting points (which the high court has agreed with) about rights to freedom of speech.

Also, musos note this is NOT the same Harry Miller who was a bassist active on the British jazz scene.  He's dead now.

Also-also - Lib Dem and trans rights campaigner Helen Belcher, who was interviewed on BBC news about it, did a talk at my work a few years ago, although it was more broadly about LGBT+ as opposed to specifically trans stuff.

bgmnts

QuoteHe was told he had not committed a crime, but it would be recorded as a non-crime "hate incident".
What?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Danger Man on February 14, 2020, 02:12:48 PM
This is going to end well....

Ohhh, I think most of us will be on the same page with this one. 

I doubt one P. Walnuts will be, but that doesn't really matter.

thenoise

bgmnts

Quote from: Danger Man on February 14, 2020, 02:19:54 PM
My shock take on this is that typing shouldn't be illegal.

Thank fuck, I just typed directions to my neighbour and how much i'll pay to the assassin I've hired to kill them. Thank fuck typing is legal though !

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: thenoise on February 14, 2020, 02:19:21 PM
Twitter should be banned?

We COULD ban Twitter, but then how will we get important updates from Glinner and Steve Brookstein?

I suppose we could sign up to their fanclubs.  Do it old school - fanzines.  £1.50 per issue (plus P&P, obvs).

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: bgmnts on February 14, 2020, 02:21:43 PM
Thank fuck, I just typed directions to my neighbour and how much i'll pay to the assassin I've hired to kill them.

How much?

Asking for a friend.

Cuellar

Cuellar

Shit Good Nose

Ahhh, I'm not up on my Middle East currencies.  Is it one of those ones where there's like a million to the pound?

bgmnts

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 14, 2020, 02:29:21 PM
Ahhh, I'm not up on my Middle East currencies.  Is it one of those ones where there's like a million to the pound?

Lets just say it's a bargain, plus its helping stop terrorism in the middle east.

Danger Man

Quote from: Cuellar on February 14, 2020, 02:28:40 PM
What were the actual tweets that got him a visit from the plod?

a mammal can't become a fish, basically.

thenoise

Twitter contributes nothing of worth to mankind. Even those that defend it are actually worried that it will lead to things of worth being deleted, like myspace um, books.

I will gladly sacrifice Limmy doing his 'joke' for the cause. Ban twitter.

Cuellar

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Danger Man on February 14, 2020, 02:32:00 PM
a mammal can't become a fish, basically.

Quote from: Cuellar on February 14, 2020, 02:35:12 PM
Yeah but specifically

That was one of many he posted, but I don't think it was one of the ones that 5-0 busted down the doors for.  The main one seemed to be a retweeted "comedy" song about transgender, but the court detail points to as many as 30 tweets and retweets that added up to a more eyebrow raising whole.

Doesn't seem that media outlets are keen on printing them in full. 

Danger Man

"I was assigned mammal at birth, but my orientation is fish. Don't mis-species me."

daf

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 14, 2020, 02:16:44 PM
Thank christ for ex X-Factor winner Steve Brookstein, who has turned up not a minute to soon - https://twitter.com/stevebrookstein?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Quote from: Steve BrooksteinsMade up of Estonian, French, Welsh, Prussian Jew,
African, Chinese to name a few
and married a Scot.
Praying for peace.

Having a piss
and brushing me teeth

Noonling

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 14, 2020, 02:37:54 PM
That was one of many he posted, but I don't think it was one of the ones that 5-0 busted down the doors for.  The main one seemed to be a retweeted "comedy" song about transgender, but the court detail points to as many as 30 tweets and retweets that added up to a more eyebrow raising whole.

Doesn't seem that media outlets are keen on printing them in full.

He retweeted something that every outlet calls a "limerick" and it is driving me crazy. I don't even understand what the meter is supposed to be here:

QuoteYou're a man.

Your breasts are made of silicone

Your vagina goes nowhere

And we can tell the difference

Even when you are not there

Your hormones are synthetic

And lets just cross this bridge

What you have you stupid man

Is male privilege.

ABCDCEFAF is not a limerick.

Cuellar

QuoteYour vagina goes nowhere

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa - the vaginas of REAL women are always popping down the shops, putting the work in, not lazing around.

Looper

I identify myself as an attack helicopter.
So glad the plod will protect me from the bigots.

Shit Good Nose

Well lookee who we got on yer man's left...

That's real by the way - as most of you know my Paint skills are nowhere near that good.

pigamus