Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:08:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Man allowed to continue tweeting about men being men and women being women

Started by Shit Good Nose, February 14, 2020, 02:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pingers

Quote from: bgmnts on February 14, 2020, 02:13:47 PM
What?

Oh, I know this one. So, a crime is a crime but if hate is an aggravating factor then it's a hate crime (more serious). If no crime has been committed and hate is an aggravating factor, then it can't be a hate crime (in the absence of an actual crime) so it's logged as a hate incident. When the police are informed about something they either give it a crime reference number, or if it's not a crime then they give it an incident number.

Looper

I stuck two fingers up at a bag of Brussel sprouts in ASDA in xmas eve once.
Can't stand them things. VILE.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Pingers on February 14, 2020, 05:16:11 PM
Oh, I know this one. So, a crime is a crime but if hate is an aggravating factor then it's a hate crime (more serious). If no crime has been committed and hate is an aggravating factor, then it can't be a hate crime (in the absence of an actual crime) so it's logged as a hate incident. When the police are informed about something they either give it a crime reference number, or if it's not a crime then they give it an incident number.

If it's not a crime then why are the police involved at all?

Pingers

The police get called to stuff all the time that's not a crime. Some of it is traffic accidents or broken down cars on busy roads, some of it is stuff like missing people, and some of it sounds like it might be a crime but when they get there / look into it, it's not.

touchingcloth

Is the College of Policing like a real Police Academy.

In that vein, are the Police Academy films about something which actually exists by that name?

JesusAndYourBush

The problem with Twitter is that it's like a conversation in a pub and people think they should have "freedom of speech" like they do when they're chatting with a handful of mates down the pub.  The problem is it's not the same... the words they type, often said without a moments thought aren't lost to the ether, only witnessed by a handful of people - they're preserved for potentially the whole world to read.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on February 15, 2020, 01:14:30 AM
The problem with Twitter is that it's like a conversation in a pub and people think they should have "freedom of speech" like they do when they're chatting with a handful of mates down the pub.  The problem is it's not the same... the words they type, often said without a moments thought aren't lost to the ether, only witnessed by a handful of people - they're preserved for potentially the whole world to read.
That's the problem with the whole internet. That's why you should only post stupid shit on comedy forums using an amusing handle and profile pic you made in Paint, instead of on Twitter or Facebook using your real name and a photo of your actual dipshit face. With your mother and employer only a click away.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Freedom of speech* doesn't mean freedom from repercussions or from being challenged, criticised, mocked, ridiculed. If you like freedom of speech so much that means taking the rough with the smooth.

This guys pretence to have not been an agenda pusher but some moderate 'debate starter' really got me. Drink organ destroying substances you lying sludge.

*which we don't have and never actually have had

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Yep. Talk shit, get hit (sometimes literally, but mostly with consequences).

evilcommiedictator

Have the police apologized yet for putting TERFS on the anti-terrorisim watchlist after shaving their beards off and gluing them to London streets?

Pingers

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 14, 2020, 07:33:38 PM
Is the College of Policing like a real Police Academy.

In that vein, are the Police Academy films about something which actually exists by that name?

I haven't seen the Police Academy films. Are the alumni thick as shit? If so, then yes.