Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:45:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Death

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, February 14, 2020, 06:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

it doesn't make any sense. "I had been dead for billions etc." no you weren't Mark, there's no death to talk about for someone that hasn't been conceived yet.

my condolences Lisa.

imitationleather

Quote from: chveik on February 14, 2020, 08:31:13 PM
it doesn't make any sense. "I had been dead for billions etc." no you weren't Mark, there's no death to talk about for someone that hasn't been conceived yet.
Actually my dad always says that before I was born he had a little headstone laid out for me and every time he got drunk he'd spraypaint it with "BASTARD" and piss all over it. :(

Head Gardener

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uflTK8c4w0c&feature=emb_logo

A mother meets her deceased daughter through VR technology

poo

Head Gardener

there was a big article on this in one of last Sundays papers, it's a strong watch as it is but I wouldn't want to go there, that would do my head in

Big Mclargehuge

I remember reading somewhere that statistically if you were granted immortality and assuming the earth isn't wiped out by aliens/meteorites/a big arse, your odd's of ending up at some point trapped instantly become 100%. either from becoming trapped underground, trapped as a result of earthquakes or landslides or trapped between rocks. its something to do with the amount of earthquakes, landslides and travel the average person does in a lifetime. even if you just decided to bolt yourself into your house/flat the odds of an earthquake eventually coming along and pinning you is still 100%.

So you can take some comfort in knowing that had your friend not died, at some point, he would have ended up trapped in cold and painful darkness forever anyway...

Butchers Blind

If you were going to be blessed/cursed with immortality, what would be the best age?  Mid to late 20's?

Quote from: Head Gardener on February 21, 2020, 09:13:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uflTK8c4w0c&feature=emb_logo

A mother meets her deceased daughter through VR technology

That may be one of the most distressing things I've ever watched.  I really hope it brought that poor woman closure - but by god it upset me watching it.

Bazooka

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on February 21, 2020, 10:21:24 AM
That may be one of the most distressing things I've ever watched.  I really hope it brought that poor woman closure - but by god it upset me watching it.

It's like Tom Cruise Jr on On Cinema.

Danger Man

Quote from: Bazooka on February 21, 2020, 12:15:31 PM
It's like Tom Cruise Jr on On Cinema.

Beat me to it.....

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Dewt on February 14, 2020, 06:22:36 PM
Looks like John Lennong

I laughed. I think I would have laughed even sans the g

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: bgmnts on February 14, 2020, 07:58:57 PM
It's weird that Shania and Mark never knew each other.

Is that what they mean by "Never the Twain shall meet"?

Whoever's joke that is, it's a nice one.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteGrief is the price you pay for love.

Apart from if you are killed in an accident, where you skip the grieving process altogether.

I appreciate the sentiment though. When my ex left, it was sharp and sudden. The feeling was pretty much the same as them having died. A knot of untangled unresolved issues daubed across a canvas of emptiness.

By contrast, when my Gran died in December she was 103, there was a fair few months of deterioration before she passed away peacefully. Everyone felt a nostalgic sadness and wept at the funeral but no-one there could say they hadn't had full opportunity to have a meaningful and fulfilling relationship with her. Some regrets, sure, but the focus was rightly and promptly turned on her many achievements and not our grief.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on February 14, 2020, 06:10:04 PM
Am living in the shadow of a significant life- changing death, as I will be for the rest of my life, and have learned today that a friend of mine from Phnom Penh, with whom I associate all my best memories of that place, has died. He died on my birthday, apparently. He was 28 60.

I don't like death. Can anyone offer any arguments in favour of death?

Can I just point out that Death were an all black proto-punk group from Detroit that have been largely airbrushed out of punks history.  This despite being on the scene in 1971 and predation Television and the Ramones by almost 2 years. 

They seriously rocked too <see below>.

https://youtu.be/ZcRhnSEwVlo

So there is that in the positive column.

bgmnts

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 21, 2020, 12:23:38 PM
Whoever's joke that is, it's a nice one.

You're free to use my joke mate.