Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:08:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mother died today. Or maybe yesterday; I don't know

Started by Danger Man, February 14, 2020, 11:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Genuinely sorry to hear this DM, you have my condolences and I hope you're doing okay.

Danger Man

Quote from: Noonling on February 15, 2020, 08:59:57 AM
Danger Man: She's dead. You don't have to do what she wants any more.

But....but.....she'll come back as a ghost.

Funcrusher

Janet Leigh's waiting at reception so you'd better make sure her rooms ready.

idunnosomename

now we have brexited ghosts have been abolished because they are a social benefit which does not grow the economy

imitationleather

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 15, 2020, 09:45:34 AM
Genuinely sorry to hear this DM, you have my condolences and I hope you're doing okay.

You complete and utter CUNT!!!

Johnny Yesno

Sorry for your loss DM. I hope you're okay.

I've not read The Outsider for a long time, but it's a great book. Robert Smith thought so too.

The Cure - Killing An Arab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0WjDiaxUX0

Of course, the song has been dogged by illiterate cunts thinking it's a racist call-to-arms and the Cure eventually caved in and started performing it as Killing Another. This is why we can't have nice things.

Danger Man

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on February 15, 2020, 02:19:09 PM
You complete and utter CUNT!!!

I know. After all I've done for him he stabs me in the front!

(Thanks for all the posts everybody)

Danger Man

Update: My sisters are now back at my mother's house and are wondering what to do with all the Tramadol, Temazepan and Morphine.

They've decided to ingest them.

shiftwork2

It's waste not want not innit.  That generation lived by it.

imitationleather

Quote from: Danger Man on February 15, 2020, 08:05:11 PM
Update: My sisters are now back at my mother's house and are wondering what to do with all the Tramadol, Temazepan and Morphine.

They've decided to ingest them.

They shouldn't do that. It's dangerous.

Any spares?

Paul Calf

Bullshit aside, that's a shite turn of events. Losing a parent is among the worst things that can happen and it's hopefully going to happen to most of us because the alternative is even worse. On the other hand, people who include difficult, expensive and emotionally draining requirements in their funeral requests are scum so you should probably be glad the bitch is cold.

Did she make the common mistake of including these requests in her will? If so, you can pretend that you didn't know because wills are only read after the funeral.

Birdie

I want to post a hug but they seems really seems unCaB like.

Look after yourself DM x

Lost Oliver

Sorry mate.

P.S. I love The Outsider. Been meaning the read The Fall and his essay on Sisyphus. Any fans here?

Hang on, it's not the time nor the place.

Danger Man

It bloody well is.

I found The Fall a bit dull, to be honest. The short story The Guest is very interesting but not especially relevant to this thread.