Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:50:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Why is Peep Show Series 4 so Awful?

Started by Peru, February 15, 2020, 10:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Series 4 feels like the end of the story arc, and ends much in the same way as the actual finale in series 9.  I'm glad the later series exist, but their existence is proof to me that 4 isn't the bad series (5 & 7 are the low points for me - 7 is the series I return to least - though both have some good episodes in them).

Series 1 & 2 remain pretty much perfect.  Not just in terms of the writing; series 1 being shot on dodgy head cams & having a lot of night shots in what looks to be winter adds to the grimness of it all (and the original theme tune helps that creepy vibe).  There's something about those two series where it feels more voyeuristic; the characters feel 'real'.  Jez, Johnson & Hans aren't yet OTT cartoon characters (though their later iterations are still entertaining & funny).

Quote from: Old Gold Tooth on February 17, 2020, 11:05:38 PM
Heh that always makes me laugh. "British London" is such a great name for a fake publishing house.

Two words: vanity publishing