Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,327
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:23:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Suggestions for Skegness-like places

Started by Gregory Torso, February 15, 2020, 11:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Torso

Hi

I will soon have a week off from work, precious time off, and I would like to spend it for a week in a Skegness-like place. NOT SKEGNESS. I cannot make that clear enough - it must NOT be Skegness.

Yes I know it's winter, and I know everywhere is having a storm, and there's this orangina virus and twitch streams ravaging the country and the funfair will be closed, it's just what I want for myself right now.

So, does anyone have any suggestions of a nice seaside beachfront place with the natural beauty of the Skegness beaches and also the fun of the Skegness arcades and fish and chips, but that is not in fact Skegness?

Thanks.

Norton Canes

Thomas

QuoteSuggestions for Skegness-like places

Destruction.

Pingers

Cleethorpes. Although it's technically on an estuary so there's more mud than sand. So in a way it's grimmer, but at least it's not Skegness

Cuellar

Dungeness
Sheerness
Bowness
Torness

Graveness

Gregory Torso

Quote from: Pingers on February 15, 2020, 11:14:16 AM
Cleethorpes. Although it's technically on an estuary so there's more mud than sand. So in a way it's grimmer, but at least it's not Skegness

Cleethorpes looks quite good actually. Desolate and windswept and dirty. That's going on the list, thanks.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: Cuellar on February 15, 2020, 11:14:21 AM
Dungeness
Sheerness
Bowness
Torness

These all sound lovely. I googled Bowness and it looks great.
However, I think Torness is probably an oil rig so I shan't be bothering to look that up.
Sheerness looks like a future crime scene.

Gregory Torso

Actually fuck it, think I'll just go to Skegness.

Thanks, everyone.

It's done.

Cuellar

Quote from: Gregory Torso on February 15, 2020, 11:21:14 AM
These all sound lovely. I googled Bowness and it looks great.
However, I think Torness is probably an oil rig so I shan't be bothering to look that up.

They are mostly power stations, yes. Sorry.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

hamfist

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 15, 2020, 12:00:54 PM
Withernsea

That place is Beyond Brexit

Seconded. Deso-ville.

Howevs, from there you can have a gander down Spurn, and that's a pretty special place to visit.

Blumf

Gurke and Hare

Cromer's nice, and you can get a bus to Morston to go on a boat trip to see seals.

Or Great Yarmouth.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on February 15, 2020, 12:33:27 PM
Cromer's nice, and you can get a bus to Morston to go on a boat trip to see seals.

We want to know where you one stab a skag needle through one's foot in a sewage depositing hell hole.

Sebastian Cobb

Barmouth.

Although a week seems a bit too long in any British seaside holiday town.

GMTV

When Extinction Rebellion form their first government only the most fortunate will be able to afford a holiday in Skegness

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: GMTV on February 15, 2020, 12:39:31 PM
When Extinction Rebellion form their first government only the most fortunate will be able to afford a holiday in Skegness

Tunnelling to Dieppe me, goose fat, the lot

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: GMTV on February 15, 2020, 12:39:31 PM

But all the rides and arcades will be turned off because they waste electricity.

So it'll look exactly like it will under another decade of late-stage capitalism, but you'll be told it's a treat to go there.

GMTV

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 15, 2020, 12:42:35 PM
But all the rides and arcades will be turned off because they waste electricity.

So it'll look exactly like it will under another decade of late-stage capitalism, but you'll be told it's a treat to go there.

Pretty much like visiting Chernobyl today

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Gregory Torso on February 15, 2020, 11:21:14 AM

Do NOT go to Sheerness.  In fact, avoid Sheppy at all cost.

jobotic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 15, 2020, 12:38:05 PM
Barmouth.

Although a week seems a bit too long in any British seaside holiday town.

Or shell island if you're posh and consider this tacky and don't care about your kids getting bored because there's fuck all too do.

Cuellar

Or Great Yarmouth.

Jodie Cromer

Gregory Torso

That does look really nice actually, and it's got a zoo. Not too far from where I am now as well. Thanks!

I feel Lowestoft is more like Skeg then Yarmouth. Particularly the high street.

I love trashy seaside towns like  Skegness, I go there several times a year to visit family.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on February 15, 2020, 01:01:45 PM
I feel Lowestoft is more like Skeg then Yarmouth. Particularly the high street.

I love trashy seaside towns like  Skegness, I go there several times a year to visit family.

Didn't know you were part of raised by donkeys!

Uncle TechTip

Tenby is nice. Bit of a trek from Skegness mind.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Cromer's nice

Yeah, I agree.
* reads statement a little more closely*
Oh.

ETA: Cuellar's done something similar, I see. You know I may not have done much with my life, but it fills me with pride to think I have helped to contribute to one of CaB's more well-known and well-liked memes.