Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:55:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Andrew Weatherall

Started by Norton Canes, February 17, 2020, 02:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Gardener

sorting through the 12"s I came across this wee gem, a one sided test pressing with press release & unsent reaction sheet

mrfridge

That's amazing! Is it the same version as the eventual "proper" single release?

monkfromhavana

Rough Trade Distribution can't have kept on going much later than this press release. Didn't they go bankrupt and put loads of labels (Warp) in the shit.

Jockice

I was awake in the early hours this morning (I needed a shit at 4am if you must know) so I turned on Six Music and heard the The First Time programme that featured him. Interesting bloke.

Head Gardener

Quote from: mrfridge on March 02, 2020, 10:46:09 AM
That's amazing! Is it the same version as the eventual "proper" single release?

I reckon it is the same tbh

Quote from: Head Gardener on March 02, 2020, 03:27:04 PM
I reckon it is the same tbh

It is, my friend had one like that.

In the interviews with AW he mentions the first version he did was rejected because it wasn't "fucked up enough", I'd love to hear that.

Head Gardener

just timed this 12" and it's 7 mins long which is the same as the issued copy

Spiteface

Quote from: buzby on February 18, 2020, 11:55:58 AM
They are decent remixes, but none of them became the de facto version of the tracks in the same way as his mixes for Primal Scream and the Happy Mondays did.

Saw Primal Scream back in November, and they actually play both "I'm Losing More Than I'll Ever Have" AND "Loaded" live. Always thought that was weird, but the two are so different they got away with it.