Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:29:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Windsors Series 3

Started by Small Man Big Horse, February 19, 2020, 04:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Starts next week, on the 25th, and it's been revealed that Simon Day, Julia Deakin and Miriam Margolyes are to guest star: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/5662/the_windsors_series_3_guest_stars/

I'm a big old fan of this, when it was announced I thought it would be terrible but they've managed to impress me an enormous amount, and for me it's one of the funniest shows the UK has produced in ages, so I'm really looking forward to it's return.

Previous threads:
https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=53501.0
https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=60938.0
https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=66990.0

ajsmith2

Genuinely interested to see how they deal with Andrew.

This was originally announced for the end of last year. I wonder if with Mr No Sweat and then Megxit, they had to postpone it to add some last minute updates to keep it current.

Captain Z

This reminds me that I half-caught a trailer the other week, in which Megan tells Harry she wants to move to North America, so I guess it is going to be right up to date at least with that story line.

Attila

Chuffed about this, but not so much that there is a new Harry-actor apparently. I'm sure he'll do well, but the previous incumbent had the gormlessness down so well.

SteK

Fucking love Miriam Margoyles, always Lady Whiteadder to me.

The woman has no off button.....

Mister Six

They've replaced Harry? Oh no!

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Mister Six on February 19, 2020, 07:55:32 PM
They've replaced Harry? Oh no!

Not by choice, the original actor fucked off so they had to get someone new in.

Attila

Quote from: SteK on February 19, 2020, 07:48:54 PM
Fucking love Miriam Margoyles, always Lady Whiteadder to me.

The woman has no off button.....

She's a good choice for Victoria, having played her in Blackadder's Christmas Carol. I hope she plays here here the same way, 'Oh, Albert, you silly sausage!'

trailer:

https://www.tvwise.co.uk/2020/02/channel-4-releases-trailer-for-the-windsors-season-3/

it's going to take some doing to get used the new Harry.

Also hoping it's pronounced Vucktoria.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Ahem, it's "you naughty German sausage". Then she cradles him to her bosom.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Attila on February 22, 2020, 09:35:35 AM
She's a good choice for Victoria, having played her in Blackadder's Christmas Carol. I hope she plays here here the same way, 'Oh, Albert, you silly sausage!'

trailer:

https://www.tvwise.co.uk/2020/02/channel-4-releases-trailer-for-the-windsors-season-3/

it's going to take some doing to get used the new Harry.

Also hoping it's pronounced Vucktoria.

Yeah, I saw that, he's okay but doesn't quite have the same charm as the original actor. I mean, it's harsh of me to judge after such a short appearance, admittedly, but that's just the kind of man I am!

Attila

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on February 22, 2020, 10:29:36 AM
Ahem, it's "you naughty German sausage". Then she cradles him to her bosom.

I stand corrected :)  (It's shamefully been awhile since I've seen it).

Blue Jam

According to IMDB,
Spoiler alert
Donald Trump
[close]
will be back. Hurrah!

Blue Jam

Watching episode 1 now. Andrew is in it and
Spoiler alert
yes, they actually went there
[close]

Small Man Big Horse

I quite enjoyed this, new Harry seems fine and though I wish they'd been a bit more vicious towards Andrew it was great they went there (and given the series trailer at the end, it's suggested they will do so again), but the plotline with Wills/Kate and Harry/Megan wasn't quite as funny as the show normally is.

Blue Jam

Beatrice and Eugenie B'n'E are still funny as fuck. The vocal fry is both painful and hilarious at the same time.

I see all episodes are on All4 now.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 25, 2020, 10:57:11 PM
Watching episode 1 now. Andrew is in it and
Spoiler alert
yes, they actually went there
[close]

It was just
Spoiler alert
a brief mention of Epstein
[close]
, wasn't it? I didn't spot any other references to
Spoiler alert
Sweatgate
[close]

Blue Jam

Didn't either B or E mention
Spoiler alert
Daddy's legal bills
[close]
?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 26, 2020, 04:45:43 PM
Didn't either B or E mention
Spoiler alert
Daddy's legal bills
[close]
?

Ah right, I must've missed that bit.

Blue Jam

Episode 2 gets in a mention of
Spoiler alert
"That Pizza Express Daddy took us to"
[close]
. They're not going to let this lie. Good.

Attila

Watched episode 1 at stupid o'clock this morning over breakfast. New Bants will take some getting used to. He's got the voice, but lacks something in terms of gormlessness.

Tried to watch ep 2 here at work, but 4oD won't open on Chrome at my office, and kept crashing my computer when I tried to open it in another browser.

B & E still the best thing so far
Spoiler alert
the explanation of the missing makeup
[close]
, but I'm also fond of Camilla. And Puppah, of course.

Blue Jam

Loved Julia Deakin and Simon Day as Ma and Pa Middleton. If only they could get Keith Allen to play Uncle Legend Gary...

Small Man Big Horse

I'm a bit behind on this and am only up to episode 4 currently, it's something I'm still liking but I'm not as fond of it as I once was. Perhaps it's just because it's getting a bit repetitive (though Charles being possessed by the devil and Camilla being all kinds of nonplussed by such evil was fun), and it still makes me laugh from time to time, it's just not something I'm that excited by anymore.

Captain Z

It's a shame it was all dumped online in one go as that will inevitably kill any lengthy discussion of it. I did watch it and felt pretty much the same as you SMBH. I also became really aware of several small, but annoying, things like too many camera cuts even when people were talking face to face in close proximity, the lighting seemed too bright and highlighted that some scenes were very much a TV set, and the two variations of the theme-tune sting (normal/dramatic) being very overused during scene changes. I think I laughed most at
Spoiler alert
the paraphrased quoting of 'if anything your father is too honorable' during the ski-resort episode
[close]

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Captain Z on March 31, 2020, 04:09:24 PM
It's a shame it was all dumped online in one go as that will inevitably kill any lengthy discussion of it. I did watch it and felt pretty much the same as you SMBH. I also became really aware of several small, but annoying, things like too many camera cuts even when people were talking face to face in close proximity, the lighting seemed too bright and highlighted that some scenes were very much a TV set, and the two variations of the theme-tune sting (normal/dramatic) being very overused during scene changes. I think I laughed most at
Spoiler alert
the paraphrased quoting of 'if anything your father is too honorable' during the ski-resort episode
[close]

Glad I'm not alone, it's a shame as it has some killer lines on occasion (the one you mentioned and all the digs at Andrew this year were great, as was Beatrice and Eugene's horror at possibly being forgotten in the same way that Princess Margaret's children aren't even characters on The Crown) but all too often it's just okay, amusing but nothing more than that.

jsgibble