Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:17:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your impressions [merged]

Started by kalowski, February 20, 2020, 09:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

non capisco

Quote from: phantom_power on February 20, 2020, 02:33:52 PM
I can do a brilliant Jim McDonald from Coronation Street saying "what about you, wee man?"

I can do a brilliant childish Skeletor saying "what about you, Wee-Man?"

I can do a passable Reverend Ian Paisley shouting, "get your tits out, right now"*

*get yer tits ight, right nigh

Neville Chamberlain

Everyone thinks my Chris Morris is great!

"Come watch the NEEEWWWWSS!!!"

"What about spherical COWWWS?!"

"Peter you've LOST THE JAM!!!"

"Blind TUBE HORSES!"

"I HATE Steve Cram!!!"

etc etc

seepage

Yes, Ian Paisley, and similarly, that comedian with the picture of three owls saying "that poor bastard - no arms!"

Also the old logistics director saying "let's do this" in a racist cod-Dutch accent.

studpuppet

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on February 20, 2020, 03:27:37 PM
I can do a passable Reverend Ian Paisley shouting, "get your tits out, right now"*

*get yer tits ight, right nigh

Similarly, I can do a very good Donald Duck, but only saying, "Ahhh, fuck off".

georgetaylor

I don't do impressions. My training is in psychiatry.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I do excellent impressions. My training is in dentistry.

wosl

spaghetamine

Trump is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. There's a notoriously cantankerous old bastard at my workplace and the only time I've ever managed to make him laugh was by doing a Donald Trump impression.

Flatulent Fox

shiftwork2

David Bowie, or more specifically Phil Cornwell doing David Bowie singing 'Sausages'.

I can do a good Bernard Manning: 'There was this black guy at my gig.  Sat in a dark corner.  Never saw him 'cause he never smiled at my unfunny shit comedy.'

DrGreggles

There's a photo of me from the 90s where I have been captured mid-sneeze and look uncannily like the non Pauline Quirke one from 'Birds of a Feather'.

famethrowa

Any time Tina Turner is mentioned, my Ike impression will come out, saying "you shut up woman or I'm gonna mess you up"

I also do a decent Alan Rickman but pulling the lower half of my face tight and saying "hello I'm Alan Rickman" slowly

non capisco

Quote from: famethrowa on February 20, 2020, 11:57:03 PM
I also do a decent Alan Rickman but pulling the lower half of my face tight and saying "hello I'm Alan Rickman" slowly

Any impression that starts with "Hello, I'm..." and then says who it is is automatically brilliant in my book, no matter what it sounds like.

JarrowMonkey

Quote from: kalowski on February 20, 2020, 09:17:31 AM
I do a pretty good Mick Jagger. Not too far from the first one in this sketch.
In the immortal words: Who Do You Do?

Inspector Mores - Lewissssss

Jimmy Savile - Now then, now then, now then

famethrowa

I was with the chaps once and we asked a girl to judge the best Michael Caine. They didn't know what they were up against, for I have seen Stella Street, and one fella actually did "hello, oy'm Michael Caine", so when it was my turn I just totally yelled "YOU BLADDY STUPID BLADDY COW" with no thought to subtlety and inflection. Totally won.

Jockice

Kevin Rowland or Edwyn Collins. That's my lot.

Jockice

Quote from: non capisco on February 21, 2020, 12:04:53 AM
Any impression that starts with "Hello, I'm..." and then says who it is is automatically brilliant in my book, no matter what it sounds like.

Wasn't there some female impressionist who had a series not long ago in which every single sketch started with that phrase?

ProvanFan

I used to do a great Youssou N'Dour. It only really worked when Seven Seconds was in the charts. A slight tug of my t-shirt collar to one side elevated it above your standard Youssou N'Dour impression.

honeychile

I can do a reasonable Tony Benn, although it often starts to morph unintentionally into Richard Wilson.

Head Gardener

Mehhhhhh, get that bus out Butler, mehhhhhhh

Jockice

Head Gardener

Quote from: Jockice on February 22, 2020, 09:21:36 PM
Ringo the budgie was better.

ah, but I am alive and he is dead long live the King!

Jockice

Quote from: Head Gardener on February 23, 2020, 08:18:38 AM
ah, but I am alive and he is dead long live the King!

Very true. He's long gone. He was my cousin Stuart's budgie anyway, not mine. A green one. He could say 'Stuart' as well in my auntie Kathleen's voice. My own budgie Bluey/Brutus never did any impressions. Even though he lived for 11 years. Lazy little sod.

Meanwhile, here's my budgie anecdote. He was usually ignored by my dad, until he (my dad that is) came home one night pissed and with a friend in tow. I sat there for a few minutes watching him poking his fingers through the cage bars and going 'good bird' before pointing out that B/B was quizzically watching him from the top of a cabinet shelf. Pops had been showing all his affection to one of those little clip-on fake ones. Which was about half the size and a different colour.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 20, 2020, 11:36:44 AM
Ooooooooooooo Bettttttyyyyyyyy

Laughed. My first thought on seeing the thread title.

I can do a really good Barney Gumble. You can't always find the right environment because it has to be shouted to be effective but on more than one occasion I've collapsed a room with "ARE YOU SURE?? I MAKE 'EM WITH TWO KINDSA CHEESE!!" and "WOW YOU WANNA BAD NIGHT? TRY SLEEPIN' ON ONE O' THESE!!"