Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:32:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

chris mcqueer hings

Started by Tony Tony Tony, February 20, 2020, 10:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Tony Tony

Not seen this mentioned on CaB, even though it has been on iPlayer for a while.

I happened across Chris Mcqueer Hings yesterday and found them most amusing in a lavatorial gross out way. They seem to have come out of some short stories he published on Twitter which led to a couple of books. BBC Scotland have put up three very short (five minutes or so) films that are more than a sketch but less than an episode.

Worth a look if only to spend 15 minutes of your time and have made me keen to hunt out the books.

Anyone else caught them?

dissolute ocelot

Thanks for mentioning these. I've not seen them but I've seen Chris McQueer do live readings which are very entertaining (he's a regular on the Scottish literary scene both in and beyond LGBT circles, and well worth catching) and I've read a bit. Some of his stuff is very entertaining (and not incomprehensible for non-Scots).

jsgibble

They were good but I would've preferred longer episodes

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: jsgibble on February 20, 2020, 04:40:21 PM
They were good but I would've preferred longer episodes

That would have been good for me too, however  I read in the Guardian recently (so it must be true) that the entire yearly budget for the whole BBC Scotland was £32 Million. Although that seems like a lot of money to mere mortals, in telly making terms, I guess that doesn't go very far.