Author Topic: Discogs  (Read 4907 times)

Dewt

• ゴーリー! ゴースト!
Re: Discogs
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2020, 10:55:39 PM »
I don't know why I assumed Discogs wouldn't charge selling fees but an email I received today done learned me different

itsfredtitmus

• Fdnaki
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2020, 07:47:53 AM »
If you have a shit rating, what's to stop you starting afresh with a new account?
wouldn't that be more dubious? i'd much rather buy something from someone with a 95 percent track record than nothing at all!

Malcy

• This is a Post Office isn't it?
    • Twitter
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2020, 08:43:08 PM »
I've ordered 50 vinyl in the last month from the same seller. 2 orders of 25 with just £6 shipping each time.

I wish more sellers done this. Some charge so much that it isn't even worth getting anything unless you order multiple and they don't always have anything else you'd want.

Discogs have recently said that sellers with specific selling terms are seeing a lot less cancellations. I can understand why.

« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2020, 12:02:01 AM »
Anything up to 2kg costs £4.10 for 2nd class registered. Really pisses me off when sellers say '50p extra for each additional record'.

Malcy

• This is a Post Office isn't it?
    • Twitter
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2020, 09:41:51 AM »
Anything up to 2kg costs £4.10 for 2nd class registered. Really pisses me off when sellers say '50p extra for each additional record'.

I regularly see £1 per extra record. Unless they're using really expensive mailers and packing materials then it's just taking the piss.

« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2020, 12:56:57 PM »
Apparently postage to the US is about to go up by 50%.

"Royal Mail in the UK is one of a number of international mail providers affected by the circumstances, with the price of sending International standard parcels to the US increasing by 49% on average, and the price of International signed and tracked parcels sent to the US increasing by an average of 38%."

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2020, 08:49:42 PM »
Yeah, neither do I. The new thing that labels have for doing limited runs in coloured vinyl perplexes me. Why would any regular person hanker after an orange vinyl version of a record? I might be too old but I don't really get why a lot of these add ons make a record more desirable. 'Deluxe version with a 12"x12" art print' for a fiver more? Pfft.

I got offered to pre-order pre-signed copies of the new haim album recently.

I have some records that are signed, because I bought them off the artists selling their own wares at the post-gig merch stall, in many cases it happened without me really asking them to do it but it's nice, I associate it with memories of a gig, often they were the warm-up since I'd already bought the headliner's record. That can fuck off though.

« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2020, 06:01:55 PM »
Has anyone had an issue with Discogs messages not comingbthrough to their email accounts? I used to get emails when I sold something and when I got payment through. The latter stopped a few months ago and now I have to go and check my Discogs account to see if I've sold anything. I've checked my spam filters and whatnot but nothing explains it. I even changed my registered email address and it came straight through to my work one but now I can't even get the 'click to confirm' email to revert back to my yahoo email.

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2020, 06:42:57 PM »
mine stopped coming a while ago, but they were mostly Wishlist info and I may have turned some option off

« Reply #69 on: Yesterday at 10:57:50 PM »

Captain Z

• Oh yeah my cholesterol's going down
« Reply #70 on: Yesterday at 11:14:14 PM »
This guy gets it

https://www.discogs.com/Ninja-McTits-Discogs-Fascists/release/6212559

I've seen that once before but I'm laughing much harder this time around. There's since been a physical cassette release with an extra 10 'Japan-only bonus tracks':

https://www.discogs.com/Ninja-McTits-Discogs-Fascists/release/10208393

I particularly admire the extra pettiness of coming up with the name "Cheese (19) (2)" as one of the artists.

« Reply #71 on: Today at 09:46:00 AM »
Marketplace
"This release has been blocked from sale in the marketplace. It is not permitted to sell this item on Discogs."

The link to buy it from https://tsundere-violence.webs.com/store is:
https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/469975642

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #72 on: Today at 09:51:52 AM »
Lovely stuff, my entry for Jessie Ware's new album after I ordered the vinyl was removed because I didn't physically have the release in my possession at the time of creating the entry. Someone then copied my entry and submitted, stating "I actually got this pre-release and have it sitting next to me right now!".

ha ha ha. I used the feel dismayed by the brutal messages telling me that I had not capitalised a word correctly, but now realise its just part of the community that I am not invested in.

Tags: