Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,314
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:39:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tiger Electronic Games are coming back!

Started by SavageHedgehog, February 22, 2020, 11:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilcommiedictator

It's really asking a lot of nostalgia when you can get a better game on your phone for bugger all

Dewt

I hate it when they do this, for nostalgia money. The good thing about these old games is the history. They should only exist as cultural artifacts, documenting a time in history. Seeing an old original would be cool, because it is part of history. Reproductions are stupid, you're just diluting history with inaccurate copies that nobody will ever enjoy playing and they'll end up in the ocean.

Bazooka

I had a Power Rangers one, cracking beep and blip soundtrack.

Cold Meat Platter

At least it will give Ashens something to do. Is he still doing that? Deso thread stuff if so.

Replies From View

Deeply, deeply shite.  $15 each too, haha.

madhair60

Something for me to write about though, hooray!

I wouldn't mind some of the old Game and Watches but I'd rather they just do a new Game and Watch Gallery on Switch or sommat.

Replies From View

They did Game and Watch gallery on the SNES or Game Boy Advance or something like this already.  You can play them on an emulator and use an original SNES controller for it if you want.  No more money needs to be spent.

SavageHedgehog

Quote from: madhair60 on February 23, 2020, 10:41:40 AM
Something for me to write about though, hooray!

I wouldn't mind some of the old Game and Watches but I'd rather they just do a new Game and Watch Gallery on Switch or sommat.

Yeah, the Game and Watch games were definitely a cut above the Tiger (and Konami etc.) stuff, even if they were more primitive in a number of ways. The Game Boy collections with the option to go for classic or modernised versions were great fun, I don't think you could even make an equivalent for the Tiger games, the inspiration and core design just isn't there.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Game and Watch were good because they stayed within the limitations of the technology. The Tiger ones were victims of their own outrageous hubris.

Replies From View

It was bizarre the way Tiger were able to get licences for things like Disney films when they were putting out films like The Little Mermaid and Aladdin.  Sonic the Hedgehog 3!  Imagine the expectations you'd have before playing it!  It's mad really.