Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:39:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Norton's Own Prosecco.

Started by holyzombiejesus, February 22, 2020, 01:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Saw this in Sainsburys earlier.

He's got his own range of no doubt rubbish wine.

This made me laugh:

QuoteProducer: Invivo Wines

Winemaker: Graham Norton (and in small part) Invivo winemaker Rob Cameron

Sebastian Cobb

That can fuck off.

Sam Neill's Two Paddocks ain't bad though, seeing as it's relevant.

Blue Jam

That bit of string holding the cork in makes me nervous. Environmentally-friendly but a bit dangerous.

shiftwork2

Graham Norton's Own Prolapse.

alright cheers lads

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 22, 2020, 01:56:32 PM
That bit of string holding the cork in makes me nervous. Environmentally-friendly but a bit dangerous.

Losing an eye to Graham Norton's prosecco is a very Waitrose injury.

Twit 2

Don't give a fuck about any of this.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I wouldn't trust any liquid that Graham Norton has been involved with.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 22, 2020, 02:26:12 PM
Losing an eye to Graham Norton's prosecco is a very Waitrose injury.

Prosecco Stormfront's weapon of choice

seepage

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 22, 2020, 01:56:32 PM

It says "Frizzante", not Spumante, so that's fine. It'll go off with a whimper instead of a bang and would normally have a screw cap.

Butchers Blind

There's also Ryan Reynolds who has his own brand of gin.  I don't drink gin so can't say if its any good.  Iron Maiden have their own brand of ale, which I have tried and its passable.

seepage

I sometimes wonder if franciacorta makers and Ferrari have gained or lost out of prosecco's popularity.

seepage

Has Cliff managed to sell his vineyard yet?

Blue Jam

I once bought some prosecco on offer from Tesco and was a bit horrified to later realise it said "Jamie's Italian" on the back.

It was actually very good and I managed to get over my self-loathing and buy a few more cheap bottles before they sold out.

Pijlstaart

Thanks, Graham, for taking the time to do this.

As we look now to a future in flux, with our place in the world questioned by some parts of the media, these breakthroughs should remind us that we are the Innovation Nation. More British Business, cook-from-frozen Posh Fish and Chips multipack to give mum a night off, not one Statement Wall, do two Statement Walls, read Coleen Nolan reveals all - Exclusive!!, the Loose Women boys are back and more. We're getting to the good part.

dissolute ocelot

Invivo who make the Graham Norton wine also do a Sarah Jessica Parker one. Two interchangeable celebrities if ever there were some.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Butchers Blind on February 22, 2020, 04:14:56 PM
There's also Ryan Reynolds who has his own brand of gin.  I don't drink gin so can't say if its any good.  Iron Maiden have their own brand of ale, which I have tried and its passable.

Beckham's put his name to Haig whisky despite supposedly being teetotal.

Almost as if a lot of this shit is PR bullshit.

Captain Z

How do they work GN into the other varieties?

ChampaGNe
SauviGNon Blanc
Pino GNrigio
ReisliGN
Blue GNun

holyzombiejesus

Graham Norton Prosecco must be the best link up between celebrity and fans since Paddy McGuinness did mittens.

seepage

What about launching a CaB White Zinfandel?

Blue Jam

Does RONALADO have any drink endorsements? Is possible.

Cold Meat Platter

Danny DeVito makes a limoncello. And there's the mentalist Aykroyd's crystal skull vodka, Sammy Hagar's tequila.
Interesting how the personality of the celebrity dictates the drink/brand.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on February 22, 2020, 04:58:09 PM
Danny DeVito makes a limoncello. And there's the mentalist Aykroyd's crystal skull vodka, Sammy Hagar's tequila.
Interesting how the personality of the celebrity dictates the drink/brand.

Isn't that the PR/marketing wankers behind it all dictating who would be a good face for their shit?

touchingcloth

Good luck trying to crowbar GN into Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Eurovision cunt.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 22, 2020, 05:00:50 PM
Isn't that the PR/marketing wankers behind it all dictating who would be a good face for their shit?

I think some of them actually are interested and involved, Maynard James Keenan from tool has his own vineyards, but yeah a lot of this is just marketwank. Aykroyd went on about the vodka AT LENGTH on Rogan's podcast but he just seems like a marketing machine himself. With Beckham and Norton it's clearly bollocks. It's Prosecco O'Clock! The Irish winemaker!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on February 22, 2020, 05:07:37 PM
I think some of them actually are interested and involved, Maynard James Keenan from tool has his own vineyards, but yeah a lot of this is just marketwank. Aykroyd went on about the vodka AT LENGTH on Rogan's podcast but he just seems like a marketing machine himself. With Beckham and Norton it's clearly bollocks. It's Prosecco O'Clock! The Irish winemaker!

Yes I think it's easy to tell by cost and volume usually. If they're trying to sell it at a grand scale then they probably don't have much to do with the process, Sam Neill owns his vinyard as well.

seepage

If you were an estate agent selling your first home brew from grapes out your garden, how much would you charge? 50 dollars a bottle, yeah why not? Screaming Eagle now goes for many thousands of dollars a bottle of course.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

The rose one he does not that bad tasting actually (disclaimer: I know nothing about wine and mainly choose it based a combination of the price and the %)

Rizla

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 22, 2020, 04:45:19 PM
Beckham's put his name to Haig whisky despite supposedly being teetotal.

someone i considered a friend gave (not bought) me a bottle of that for my 40th hang on maybe that should be in the desolation thread

Sebastian Cobb

Assuming it's not the one that's supposed to be mixed with coke, it's not actually terrible. I'd still prefer a well known one like, but still.