Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:41:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Norton's Own Prosecco.

Started by holyzombiejesus, February 22, 2020, 01:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Have we done Alex James the cunt from Blur's Sainsburys cheese range yet?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The Blue Monday one is actually very nice. Not had the other ones.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Haven't had the cheeses no but I did corner him in an arcade and remove his two best kneecaps.

seepage

Bought an Italian one of his thinking it might be something different but it was just bog-standard Taleggio at an inflated price.

poodlefaker

Tonight's episode: Graham visits a distillery to watch unsold crates of his own-brand Processo get turned into industrial ethanol.

seepage

You can recycle the gas for whoopee cushions.

Consignia

Sebastian Cobb

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: imitationleather on February 23, 2020, 09:57:36 AM
Have we done Alex James the cunt from Blur's Sainsburys cheese range yet?

He actually makes (or at least did make before scaling up) the cheese though doesn't he?

Dex Sawash

Blue Jam

I bet that Alex James cheese is actually pretty decent, but I wouldn't want to give my hard-earned to Cheese Tory. Well, no more than I do already- my taxes are probably subsidising his farm or something.

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on February 23, 2020, 12:58:14 AM
This is a bad and wrong opinion, unless you're talking about Cranston and Paul's mezcal, in which case carry on.

Anyone tried Schraderbräu? I'd buy some if I saw it on sale. Never was a fan of tequila or mezcal though and now I'm a lightweight who can't handle spirits anymore.

What about that George Clooney tequila with the "brand ambassador" who married Princess Eugenie? I'd rather Prince Harry launched a beer. Banterbräu.

Icehaven

I thought Johnny Depp must surely have a booze brand of some kind, but apparently not. Oh well, at least Keanu Reeves makes motorbikes.

Shit Good Nose

Blue Monday is in my top 10 blue cheeses, and a toss-up with Cornish Blue as my top British blue.  Formidable stuff.  Unfortunately it is VERY prone to rotting quickly if not stored properly, and it has a much shorter life than most other blues.  It regularly gets compared to Shropshire Blue and Gorgonzola, but it's creamier and has a deeper mellow flavour than Shropshire and little of the acidity of Gorgonzola.  Perfectly balanced.

I could be wrong, but I think he only created it - I don't think he's ever been involved with the "mass" production of it (it is still made in relatively small batches).  I'm sure I read somewhere that he licensed the recipe to a local production cheesemaker.

I've not tried any of his other cheeses, but Blue Monday is the only one of his you ever see at proper cheesemongers and at cheese festivals, which probably says a lot about both Blue Monday and his other ones.

alan nagsworth

I like to imagine Alex Jones personally squelches out every last ounce of all the cheese that has his name on it from the various pulsating valves protruding from the sac of his hideous gargantuan "true" form