Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,186
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 785
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:21:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Walking Dead season 10B ghoulies

Started by Bazooka, February 22, 2020, 02:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

Back on Sunday, I know I won't be the only sucker plodding on with this ghoulishly written show, Rosita is lovely.

kngen

Yep, I'll be there against my better judgement. Scheduling the Better Call Saul season premiere afterwards* is rubbing the salt in the wound a little.

*(in the US)

surreal

I got this a bit early at the weekend via nefarious means, and as well as the episode it had a full episode of a new weird drama series called "Dispatches from Elsewhere" starring Jason Segel which must have followed on after the broadcast.  Most odd, so if you get a torrent and it's 90 minutes instead of 45 this is why...

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt8QMtb_Y1s

Head Gardener

yes I did this and found my middling excitement of what I assumed was going to be a bumper issue was foiled by that other show,
so I skipped it as I'm not gonna be foiled into downloading some shite, erm...

Bazooka

The greatest piece of art I have ever seen.

Gulftastic

Bury your gays taken literally by the writers. What a crock of shitvthis show has become.

kngen

Quote from: Gulftastic on February 25, 2020, 05:51:32 AM
Bury your gays taken literally by the writers. What a crock of shitvthis show has become.

The first bit was like a really shit platform game

Mobius

I read a review saying this episode was really intense and a return to form so I watched it and .... IT WAS FUCKING SHIT!

AsparagusTrevor

You can usually rely on some fun zombie kills but weirdly 99% of them were offscreen this week. I think the budget was spent on all the papier mache for the caverns and the CGI used to paint out Negan & Alpha's pants (but not their socks).

Bazooka

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on February 26, 2020, 10:00:09 AM
You can usually rely on some fun zombie kills but weirdly 99% of them were offscreen this week. I think the budget was spent on all the papier mache for the caverns and the CGI used to paint out Negan & Alpha's pants (but not their socks).

Yeah they were some wonderful rocks, they stole the show. I actually can't even remember the names of the slingshot girl and deaf lady, thats how much killing off every other major character has made a difference.

Carol has gone through too many up and down emotional change story arcs that it's hard to care at this point, as she was fucking solid for the first 6 or so seasons. Daryl is 2D as ever, again his character has been rinsed dry.

Are we going to see a pregnant Alpha storyline?

Puce Moment

Loved the shitty design on that cave thing - a really nice call-back to the 60s Star Trek. I was waiting for some Harryhausen animated skeletons to come out of the ground and attack them.

I'm using a 10sec fast-forward thing to watch these episodes now. I managed to watch this episode in 12mins, and that was with some speaking scenes.

Bazooka

Well better than last week's which didn't take much, some cool Walker prosthetics.

Gulftastic

Good that the Whisperers are highly skilled tunnel engineers.

And why won't Alpha just fucking die. On and on she drones. It's worse than bloody Negan.

Bazooka

At least Beta is a fun villain, but as for Alexandria it's really hard to give a  shit about who is left. Father Gabriel is a shadow of his former self, you can tell the brilliant Seth Gillian is bored playing him.

Puce Moment

Lots of talking this week - managed to get through that episode in 8mins.

kngen

Thora Birch's acting makes you realise how shit most of the rest of them are. She deserves better.

Puce Moment

Bit more action this week, although plenty of nattering.

13mins. Well done writers, that is the best so far.

kngen

Quote from: Puce Moment on March 10, 2020, 03:54:21 PM
Bit more action this week, although plenty of nattering.

13mins. Well done writers, that is the best so far.

I was expecting almost entirely nattering and it cutting to credits just as the action was about to start, so thanks for tossing us a bone, TWD, even if it was like an extremely anorexic Game of Thrones tribute.

They seemed to make a lot of Daryl's flail. It's this some sort of reddit fantic/fan service thing? Not complaining, I think flails are cool (and would be my weapon of choice once the bullets ran out), but they definitely put that front and centre.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: kngen on March 11, 2020, 12:43:34 PMThey seemed to make a lot of Daryl's flail. It's this some sort of reddit fantic/fan service thing? Not complaining, I think flails are cool (and would be my weapon of choice once the bullets ran out), but they definitely put that front and centre.
The episode was even called 'Morning Star'. Maybe the sales of the Lucille replicas have gone down so they wanted something else to release a foam version of.

kngen

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on March 11, 2020, 01:49:40 PM
The episode was even called 'Morning Star'. Maybe the sales of the Lucille replicas have gone down so they wanted something else to release a foam version of.

Ah, so it was ... but a morning star isn't a flail. It's a mace! Stupid sods!

Bazooka

I find it hard to believe they would have run out of guns and bullets in the most armed nation on the planet, especially with the majority of people dead.  If Eugene got off that bloody radio and started pumping out bullets.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Bazooka on March 11, 2020, 06:06:49 PM
I find it hard to believe they would have run out of guns and bullets in the most armed nation on the planet, especially with the majority of people dead.  If Eugene got off that bloody radio and started pumping out bullets.
They'd rust to fuck in no time in Georgia, or wherever the hell they're supposed to be.

Bazooka

Probably the better episode of the series so far,good suicide technique, ending sticking with the comic story line was needed.

Michonne centric next week, I thought the actress had left.

Gulftastic

chveik

on the bright side, covid will prevent them to make more episodes of this

Puce Moment

Yeah, my approach has backfired somewhat. I am watching more and more of each episode, and I have found myself interested in who the fuck Beta is (an infamous serial killer? a TV personality?) and also the Negan and Carol moment with Alpha's head was genuinely rather good.

Just when I thought I was out...........

Ant Farm Keyboard

Beta gets some back story in the comics apparently, but there was an Easter egg in Fear the Walking Dead
Spoiler alert
that shows the guy on an album cover, as he was a musician.
[close]

Bazooka

Spoiler alert
He was a basketball player then actor in the comic
[close]

Ant Farm Keyboard