Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:02:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Walking Dead season 10B ghoulies

Started by Bazooka, February 22, 2020, 02:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hat FM

Alpha looked like a test crash dummy when she died. twd looking to save some cash on sfx.

kngen

Wow, those last 15 minutes were actually quite good. Even the bit with Judith and the blacksmith fella actually seemed earned and affecting - probably the first time I've felt engaged in that sense since Season 3, perhaps.

Puce Moment

It would be quite the amazing turnaround if the writers' treading water on this show decided to make it good.

Bazooka

Felt like an episode of Lost, utterly pointless really. I doubt these Rick Grimes films will ever happen to be honest.

Puce Moment

These over the top, grand exits are just terrible and so out of keepig with the tone of the show.

I honestly couldn't give a fuck about Michonne - in fact I thought she had died.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Puce Moment on March 24, 2020, 10:11:58 AM
These over the top, grand exits are just terrible and so out of keepig with the tone of the show.

I honestly couldn't give a fuck about Michonne - in fact I thought she had died.

Shite episode, the alternate reality stuff was completely pointless and seemed to go on forever. The only good thing was that the show finally acknowledged how villainous the group were when they ruthlessly took out the Saviours outpost completely unprovoked.

It's really hindered by them so obviously wanting to keep the door open for the actors to return, just ruins any drama. Compare to stuff like Glen & Abraham's death or back when in the early seasons the show was unafraid to kill of main characters whenever the story called for it. How many characters do we have that have just fucked off somewhere now?

Bazooka

The thing is, other than Carol And Daryl nobody cares about any of the other characters being killed,Aaron's a nice fellow bit he could just wonder off also and we wouldn't really notice.  Also what the fuck chance has Michonne got of finding Rick? They aren't on the Isle of Skye.

Ant Farm Keyboard

The season finale won't be ready in time, due to post-production issues caused by the coronavirus. It will air as a special later this year.

https://tvline.com/2020/03/24/walking-dead-season-10-finale-episode-16-delayed-coronavirus/

Bazooka

Well you know what that means, it's the return of the infamous CGI Deer! Worth the wait.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Bazooka on March 24, 2020, 03:17:04 PM
The thing is, other than Carol And Daryl nobody cares about any of the other characters being killed,Aaron's a nice fellow bit he could just wonder off also and we wouldn't really notice.  Also what the fuck chance has Michonne got of finding Rick? They aren't on the Isle of Skye.

Someone hasn't read the twist in issue 193 of the comic.

surreal

Small Man Big Horse

Which could tie in with the ending of the comic if they do the
Spoiler alert
Commonwealth
[close]
storyline. I mean it'd be fairly different
Spoiler alert
given that many of the important characters involved in the comic have either fucked off or are now dead in the series
[close]
, but they could do a rough adaptation I guess.

Bazooka

It's inevitable, when they said a few years back that it could go on for 20 series or some nonsense, even they knew it was bullshit, it's just the hobbling dead now. As you say SMBH it will do the next comic big bad story and then end.

Malcy

Quote from: Bazooka on March 30, 2020, 10:59:09 AM
It's inevitable, when they said a few years back that it could go on for 20 series or some nonsense, even they knew it was bullshit, it's just the hobbling dead now. As you say SMBH it will do the next comic big bad story and then end.

If they reduced the number of episodes and didn't just do the same story over and over again then they probably could have. There are so many storytelling opportunities in TWD but they just keep doing the same shit.

Dangerous new baddies arrive. Fight! Back to normal. Oh look more new baddies. Fight! Etc.

Just fucking travel. Go places, do stuff. Instead it's people doing the same shit every series. Think the last one I watches was when Rick left but I read the odd thing about what's happening and nothing seems to have changed.

Will give the new spin off a look and will keep watching Fear but worry that it's getting a bit too much like the main show now.

Bazooka

Yeah but that new place new baddie is what happens in the comic, I mean sure they could have done completely brand new stories in between to pad it out, but would that not just go with that formulae too eventually?

Bazooka

Did we really need that Alpha talking to Carol gibberish?  Yes, you gotta pad.

Well looks like we are getting a whacky character now.

Gulftastic

Alpha's dead! She will finally shut the fuck up. Or so I thought.

Bazooka

Come on Puce,what time did this episode net?

Puce Moment

Not bad, it managed to clock in at 12mins. Going for single digits come the final episode that they are going to have months to over-egg.

Bazooka

I don't have anything to say about this episode, it just is.

Hat FM

what an incredibly boring episode. wonder when the finale will come out. the next season won't be out for a long time.