Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:06:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Guitars

Started by SteK, February 22, 2020, 04:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: popcorn on March 19, 2020, 01:42:44 PM
Not heard of this, ta, will look into it.

I love the classic Space Echo sound, and I really like the sound of the twist feature that lets you change the timing and get the classic repitching effects.

Danelectro Reel Echo has all that I think

popcorn

This is specifically what the twist feature does:

Quote"What's Twist?" I hear you ask... This is a hidden, dub-style effect that is triggered by pressing and holding the right-hand pedal, which is normally used to enter a tap tempo. As you hold down the pedal, the delays get louder and the feedback level and 'motor' speed increase, so that the sound rapidly builds up into a swirling cacophony. When you release the pedal, the process is reversed over a period of several seconds, to take you back to your original setting.

I reckon I'd get hours of fun from that - do other pedals do it to anyone's knowledge?

Ferris

It sounds like the "spaceship noises" I referred to in my Boss DD-3 post I think? Not sure if they're the same

popcorn

Basically it's just a fast way to twiddle the rate and intensity knobs. It will produce the same result as twiddling those knobs on many other delay pedals, it's just a fun/fast/accessible way of doing it while playing.

Ferris

Quote from: popcorn on March 19, 2020, 07:00:59 PM
a fast way to twiddle the rate and intensity knobs

Steady on

popcorn

Ooooh, I do beg your pardon, do you find something distasteful about the way I twiddle with my rate and intensity knobs?

kalowski

popcorn

Quote from: ArtParrott on March 19, 2020, 01:08:31 PM
if you're a big fan of tape echos have you thought the Strymon El Capistan? I got one last year and as well as sounding amazing it's also a lot of fun (look up the sound on sound looping feature for an example of what I mean).
(Those space echos have always seemed really cool as well but I've never played one)

Watched some videos, this thing sounds bloody angelic.

Help, I really want to go to a guitar shop.

NoSleep