Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:44:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hello ladies walking in countryside I am (still) not a rapist!

Started by Twit 2, February 22, 2020, 05:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twit 2

I've spoken before about how I like to go on long rambles across the fields near where I live, all on public footpaths. I only ever see dog walkers, literally no one just 'goes for a walk' these days, apparently. I like to have a crafty smoke now and then, sometimes walking along, sometimes plonked down in a field somewhere. I am tall, wear lots of layers and a bobble hat. I'm often scowling because of some realisation about the universe that has irked me. So pure Crimewatch photo-fit, go on count it against me.

Anyway, today I was in a large and fairly unvisited field on an obscure route on the edge of town. I stop  by a bush to light me up a smoke. When I had finished tussling with the wind bastard I looked up and off in the distance was a lone woman walking a dog. Now, to be fair, the view down the field for her is of me not walking along but instead loitering by a bush. So the lady does a 180 and starts swiftly walking back the way she came. I held back and walked slowly to leave an increasingly bigger gap because I'm a gentleman, not a rapist.

But it's sad, isn't it? It's sad I can't go out without women being scared of me.

Noonling

Maybe she wasn't scared of you, maybe she was just scared her dog would rip you to shreds once it got a whiff of your musk.

the

You sometimes get a sense of this if you're a fast walker trying to overtake a lone woman on a pavement. But it would be worse if you just shuffled along behind her at the same pace, so there's nowt you can do (save mincing past making John Inman noises).

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: the on February 22, 2020, 05:18:17 PM
You sometimes get a sense of this if you're a fast walker trying to overtake a lone woman on a pavement. But it would be worse if you just shuffled along behind her at the same pace, so there's nowt you can do (save mincing past making John Inman noises).

I'll sometimes cross the road earlier than I would've done had they not been there. Fuck crossing over then back though.

Kelvin

Maybe there was an actual rapist stood behind you. Look out!

Bazooka

Maybe the walker was a sex pest but likes a challenge, and you looked too EZ.

I think I would probably have run after her, shouting "I'm not a rapist!" to reassure her.

Cerys

Sebastian Cobb

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The funny thing is that you are a rapist, so I'd say the woman had quite a lucky escape there.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on February 22, 2020, 05:58:17 PM
The funny thing is that you are a rapist, so I'd say the woman had quite a lucky escape there.

they're always in the last place you look!!

Butchers Blind

Cerys

Or a sketchpad.  Just make sure you don't draw pictures of ladies bare in it.  It might give the wrong impression.

Operty1

Also be careful not to be caught weeing on a tree or behind a bush. If another lone walker comes past as you're doing your drying waggle it could be misconstrued. To avoid this, when you go walking, carry a child's potty with you. Then when your caught short simply use in the traditional way and it will be apparent to any observer you are not up to anything sinister.

Cerys

Lord Mandrake

If I see a guy in bobble hat loitering by a bush with intent to rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

If it's night or in a quiet isolated place I cross the road. A pragmatic yet faintly pathetic acknowledgement that I could appear threatening just by walking and gaining pace on someone.

Emma Raducanu

Sometimes I nervously smile to appear friendly and non threatening. It's so forced that I probably look psychotic and ready for rape. Which I'm not

thenoise

Say something jokey to break the tension.

'Don't worry love I wouldn't rape you! Not nearly sexy enough' (cheeky wink)

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: thenoise on February 22, 2020, 09:25:10 PM
Say something jokey to break the tension.

'Don't worry love I wouldn't rape you! Not nearly sexy enough' (cheeky wink)

Yes, Carl Benjamin. Much wit.

Sebastian Cobb

I reckon if you belch or guff with a decent amount of vigour they'll probably think you're disgusting but too at ease to be up to anything threatening.

Cuellar

Urinal Cake

I think it's worse that a woman doesn't believe her dog will protect her.#BelieveDogs

willpurry

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on February 22, 2020, 07:31:55 PM
If I see a guy in bobble hat loitering by a bush with intent to rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy.