Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:25:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A man who is about to die - just did

Started by Alberon, February 23, 2020, 09:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marner and Me

I want one of these pricks to goto the edge, any edge, and show me a picture of it.

Can anyone in laymans terms explain why in Australia for example everything is the right way up and not upside down. In anycase IF the earth was flat, would it really bother you?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Marner and Me on February 25, 2020, 01:48:23 PM
In anycase IF the earth was flat, would it really bother you?

Well, as a short arse, I would struggle getting my legs to reach when I get to the edge and do the step over. 

I was walking around HMS Warrior and Victory a couple of weeks ago and felt most at home not having to duck AND be able to touch the ceiling.  I'd have been a giant if I was around then.  If I was the same height as I am now, obvs.

Johnny Yesno

The Bumlord

It does exist, I've been there.

Or have I? I don't know what to think now.

Alberon

Quote from: Utterdrivel on February 25, 2020, 05:17:12 PM
It does exist, I've been there.

Or have I? I don't know what to think now.

My cousin moved there so I hope it exists. Otherwise, I was worried about him getting burned to death when I should have been concerned about drowning.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Alberon on February 25, 2020, 05:24:11 PM
I should have been concerned about drowning.

Or falling off.  With a slo-mo "THEY WERE RIGHT ALL ALOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooonnnnnnnnnng........"

Marner and Me

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 25, 2020, 01:54:28 PM
Well, as a short arse, I would struggle getting my legs to reach when I get to the edge and do the step over. 

I was walking around HMS Warrior and Victory a couple of weeks ago and felt most at home not having to duck AND be able to touch the ceiling.  I'd have been a giant if I was around then.  If I was the same height as I am now, obvs.
So they think it is a doughnut shape, I always thought it was rectangular, or circular maybe. As for Aus not existing, it deffo does, I have been there.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Marner and Me on February 25, 2020, 05:44:04 PM
As for Aus not existing, it deffo does, I have been there.

Reckon you dreamt it mate.  Or you were actually in Milton Keynes.  Or you're just making it up like a typical glober sucking up to the teat of Big Gravity.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on February 25, 2020, 07:11:37 AM
It doesn't but it is.

The far right know politics is downstream of culture and they're doing all they can to insert their ideas into culture. Why do you think they are obsessed with the idea of what they incorrectly call 'cultural Marxism'?

Hey, fellow alt-right chums, let's secretly push this conspiracy theory that the majority of the world thinks is a joke, because that will help us achieve our aims in some unspecified way.

NoSleep

That doesn't really explain anything but adds to the questions. If something in the sky disappears over the horizon then clearly there must be a curve (I thought the Earth was flat, not conical). Also the Sun and Moon must be quite small and fairly close to the surface, so any satellites sent up would likely be above them.

Ferris

Alberon

But the moon isn't always out at night. Half the time it's visible during the day.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on February 25, 2020, 06:17:36 PM
Hey, fellow alt-right chums, let's secretly push this conspiracy theory that the majority of the world thinks is a joke, because that will help us achieve our aims in some unspecified way.

I see it as an alt-right version of number 23.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: gib on February 25, 2020, 07:18:34 PM

I can't make sense of that at all. Surely the sun must go under the disc at night or it would be daylight all the time.

Edit: Oh, I see. Light just stops dead when it's travelled a certain distance.

NoSleep

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on February 25, 2020, 08:30:33 PMEdit: Oh, I see. Light just stops dead when it's travelled a certain distance.

Of course, that's why you see the Sun fade out in the sky to herald the night. AKA sunfadeout, and sunfadein in the morning.

Marner and Me

It is like God has a giant set of 1200s and gets his groove on and uses his cross fader, mixing in sunlight, darkness and when he wants a drop a bit if thunder.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Marner and Me on February 25, 2020, 08:51:31 PM
It is like God has a giant set of 1200s and gets his groove on and uses his cross fader, mixing in sunlight, darkness and when he wants a drop a bit if thunder.

and when man come spunk on the decks