Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:28:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Weird TV Memories [split topic]

Started by SteK, February 05, 2020, 06:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on March 07, 2020, 01:20:56 PMGrange Hill in 1982.  Gripper and his sidekick, Denny, have just been chased by a teacher.  After outrunning him, Denny said to Gripper, 'what a cunt.'  I used to cassette record GH.  I played it back over and over.  I am positive that's what was said-though it must have been edited in by naughty production staff.  There's no way that'd be in the script or ad-libbed.  In 1991, I was listening to Steve Wright, then still on Radio One.  He and the posse were talking about alleged swearing slipping through on TV when it shouldn't.  One bloke referred to two pupils talking in Grange Hill and one of them using the worst swear word you can use about a teacher.  He told the others he still had the video of it and would show them.  I'm sure he was talking about the same incident as me.

I'd put money on it being something else that just came out sounding a bit like 'what a cunt'.

Hand Solo

Quote from: the on March 07, 2020, 01:14:48 PM
link

Though for the record I'd just like to say that I think jokily redubbing things with swearing is a load of shit

Ah thanks. I knew it was some terrible play on the title but couldn't recall. I think jokey redubs are mostly pants but I knew a friend of mine would like it and was trying to find it for her, some of them make me laugh out of just bare puerility, but the Buggernation one is played so downbeat and with so much extraneous dialogue I find it wryly entertaining.