Author Topic: TV Guilty pleasures [split topic]  (Read 8160 times)

icehaven

• Marmalade's reared it's head in every course
Re: TV Guilty pleasures [split topic]
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2020, 06:17:22 PM »
See also 'Ancient Aliens'.   You only have to look at how many seasons there are to see how deep they're scraping that barrel.

Gawd Mr Haven is hooked on that. I can watch 5 minutes for novelty value and to enjoy whatever state Giorgio A. Tsoukalos's hair is in, but as soon as you hear "Could it be, as Ancient Alien theorists believe, that..." you know the most eyewateringly ridiculous suggestion is coming and it's too painful to listen to. I do like how convinced they are that the entire ancient world was designed to be seen from the sky so aliens must have done it, obviously. The ancient civilisations went to great lengths to just about but not quite obscure that the aliens were here too, the teases.

Blue Jam

• TAKE IT FROM ME, I LOVE YOU!
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2020, 12:49:56 AM »
BDO Darts on Eurosport. It gets no bleaker than this.

« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2020, 08:05:10 AM »
I have been watching a lot of Abandoned Engineering. In itself it shouldn't be a guilty pleasure but the inserts from engineers and historians are written in such a way to make it so. I particularly hate the teasers at the beginning.

Has made me want to buy a drone though.

Blue Jam

• TAKE IT FROM ME, I LOVE YOU!
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2020, 12:42:58 AM »
The Ronnie O'Sullivan Show on YouTube. He may be a nob but there's never a dull moment with that mad fucking bastard, I'll give him that.

Tags: