Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:52:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TV Guilty pleasures [split topic]

Started by PowerButchi, January 21, 2020, 07:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

More CSI: Miami thoughts.

Season 3 must have had a heck of a budget, because it felt like an extended action movie at times. Thoroughly enjoyable, anyway. On to season 4, and they've got a storyline bubbling along where Horatio's time in New York years previous to the show starting is coming back to haunt him. But.

They find the serial killer who escaped Caine back then, and get the evidence to convict him even after he was laying a trail to get Caine found guilty. Solid stuff, but the judge who was arrested for murder in season 3 and vowed to make Caine's life a misery lets him back out on the street for no good reason. It seems very unlikely that a judge could still hear cases when he was out on bail awaiting a murder trial, and utterly outside the realms of possibility that they'd let him hear the cases of the person who arrested him. But it's happening, and no-one seems to be questioning it.

Oh, and Delko buys a bag of weed in one episode, an obvious sign his life is falling apart. While I hope he just gets an interest in prog rock and chocolate, he's probably going to go to rehab at the end of the season.

Bently Sheds

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 06, 2021, 06:01:52 PM
Pooch Perfect, BBC1/iPlayer. Dog grooming competition with a runway section. Should have been called RuPaul's Dog Race.
I caught this last week where a woman shaved/stencilled a soldier + grave + poppies on the arse of a standard poodle in tribute to Are Brave Boys. On the strength of that I am definitely watching the next episode...

Leej88

Jonathan Ross thought one of the Masked Singers was Natalie Cole who had died in 2015 and they even put a pic up.wow.

Amazon Prime have a host of Australian Reality TV shows from the noughties. The latest one I'm checking out is a 2003 series called The Block about four couples who have to renovate four identical flats in an apartment block in Sydney. There's a fair bit of drama. This was recommended to me after I sat through the marathon Biggest Loser Australia Season 1.

Fr.Bigley

I like watching that complete shite Henry Cole puts out "find it, fix it flog it". Can't stand the cunt, can't stand his smelly mates either, can't stand his annoying voice over or the cunts that buy his shite. Owns the rights to this crap and was apparantly a director/smackhead. Public school boy with a midlife crisis.

But I can't stop watching the crap being turned into something saleable. Compelling viewing.

monkfromhavana

My girlfriend has started putting 'Sister Wives' on as she does stuff and I have to pretend not to be watching it. The lives of an "out" fundamentalist mormon polygamist family. It does seem like the episodes do just repeat the same shit over and over again "let's have a party to celebrate Kody", and i suspect they have a lot more wackier beliefs that are shown, but it is seeping into my brain.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: icehaven on January 14, 2021, 09:12:35 AM
I've recently seen a few episodes of a "Border Force Customs Stop!" type programme set in an Australian airport
In a similar vein there's 'RBT' which follows around the 'booze bus', basically a breathlyse/drug test checkpoint.  The best parts are seeing the clearly pissed ones try to argue that they aren't, also the gamified 'how pissed were they' number on the side of the screen is great fun to try and predict.

I know it's NZ, but any excuse to post an old favourite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEAHLFvD3v4

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on July 03, 2021, 12:34:15 AM
I like watching that complete shite Henry Cole puts out "find it, fix it flog it". Can't stand the cunt, can't stand his smelly mates either, can't stand his annoying voice over or the cunts that buy his shite. Owns the rights to this crap and was apparantly a director/smackhead. Public school boy with a midlife crisis.

But I can't stop watching the crap being turned into something saleable. Compelling viewing.

Hencole used to post here - almost certainly the same guy. Chased off a cliff by gypsies after scoring a load of smack.

Ambient Sheep

After initially doing a massive double-take, I went and looked up this Henry Cole fella, as I hadn't heard of him before.

Nope, almost certainly not the same guy.  I met our hencole around 18 years ago at a meet, when he looked like this:

(Apologies to all concerned for the terrible photo, it was the only one I could find; was someone else's photo that I nicked from an old meet thread regarding a meet that I didn't go to.  I have better ones of him myself from a different meet but they're (a) on an old hard disk, (b) on a meet thread pre the Jan 2004 board crash, and (c) on a photobucket account that I can't remember the password for.  I have tried.)

Having looked up several old photos and videos of TV presenter Henry Cole, I can't see they can be the same bloke, even allowing for the passage of time.

Also, there was no smack involved in the gypsy story (to which I've taken the liberty of adding some paragraph breaks):

Quote from: hencole on February 16, 2004, 01:22:42 PM
Just found the welsh story saved as a word document on my work PC.

Welcome to Wales

Last time I was in a fight I was fighting literally for my life and had I not won I would probably not be here to type, or if I was I would be using a wand stuck to my forehead.

Went to an outdoor party a friend had arranged on the top of a valley in Wales near Cwmbran (sp). Quite a small affair, but with a huge sound system and loads of laser etc. Anyway had one of the best nights of my life with most people still awake the next morning. During the night a few of the locals had joined us from the village, but by the morning all, but a handful had gone. Anyway one of them, who were still there at about midday on the hottest day of the year, got rather irate when we stopped the music (generator had run out of petrol). He started asking people whether they wanted a fight. No one did, as most were normal people and half of them were recovering from too many beans the night before. He also started telling us about being in prison for manslaughter. Then he kept saying he was going to rape us with his favourite line being this;

'I'm going to rape you, I'm going to stick my fingers up your arse and scrape my nails on the inside'

Nice!

Any way this went on for about quarter of an hour after that he just started attacking people at random urged on my his crazy pikey of a wife and his to 12 year old kids. Every time he attacked one of us a group of us would get up and beat him off. This happened to many times to remember. Every time he would get a nasty, but he wouldn't stop and if anything became even more determined. He managed to smash out all of one of my mates front teeth and did some damage to others. This whole situation was confounded by his wife who kept shouting us to allow one on one gladiatorial style fighting. We told her to fuck off and that no one wanted to fight him anyway.

Things started to go wrong when she started to join in along with the kids who picked up a machete and a knife and started swinging them randomly in the air. A couple of us managed to knock the kids to the ground and disarm them. This whole thing went on for well over an hour before the psychopath had had enough and lay down. The problem with the situation is that we knew we shouldn't be having an illegal rave up on the side of a mountain so were reluctant to call the police.

Anyway he refused to piss of so we called the police and started to pack up are stuff and take it to a mates cottage nearby. A police helicopter arrived and we attracted its attention to show it was us who had contacted them. At this point the crazy bloke was nursing his wounds in one of our tents. The police flew by for 15 minutes before pissing off. No one arrived on foot. Great we thought. 15 minutes later crazy man gets up again and starts attacking people. Process continues for a bit and he eventually leaves. Few we thought thinking this was all over. Still no sign of the police though.

We continue packing up and there are about a handful of us left at the site when who should turn up, but Mr Psycho carrying a rusty metal bar and in tow are 16 scally children ranging in age from 10-16 carrying sticks. We  see him from quite a distance as we are on the top of a valley. I start to panic as the only people I am with are either asleep or having severe come downs and are no use for anything let alone fighting of an army of pikeys. I call the police again and have a massive go at them asking why they haven't sent anyone on foot. We had already explained to them the seriousness of the situation and the fact that this bloke was claiming to have done time for manslaughter. Anyway I had to break of my conversation with the lady on the phone as Psycho boy had just reached the cleft of this steep slope that led up to our tents. 'Send someone quick theres a small army coming up the hill and a bloke with an iron bar, I fear for my life'

Anyway only two of us were compus mentus when he arrived. He charged at me with the metal bar swinging it towards my head. Through a bit of skilful luck I manage to block the attack with my arm and grab the end of the bar. I throw it one side and get the bloke in headlock and trip him up. I then jump on top of him and started punching him in the face maybe 20 times as hard as I have ever hit anything in my life, even a punch bag. But this psycho just starts laughing and spitting blood and teeth at me. The kids then move in and start trying to pull me back and hit me with sticks. I leap up enraged and gave out a primeval roar, which took them aback. Psycho then gets up starts reaching for his metal bar. I grab him and push him to the edge of a cliff. With my last remaining strength I managed to land a kick that pushes him off balance and he falls 50 feet plus down a near vertical drop hitting rocks along the way. I shout at the kids whether they they want some as well. They didn't and backed off and dropped their sticks. Few I thought.

By this time everyone else starts gathering round having sobered up very quickly. I look over the edge of the cliff to see what state the bloke is in. Like some horrible horror movie I see this blood soaked body crawling up the cliff by one arm the other arm hanging lose by his side. Fuck, this bloke does not feel pain. He makes it back up the top this time there are more of us and the kids seem fucking petrified and keep back. He picks up the bar again and throws it at a mates head missing him by inches. After about 10 minutes he starts to realise how badly injured he is and leaves. 30 minutes later a 21 year old police man turns up collapses at the top of the hill and and begs us for water. Fucking useless. Go to the police station to give a statement by the time I get there they've found him wandering the village covered in blood. Doctor's report finds he has lost half a dozen teeth, has a broken wrist, multiple cracked ribs and a handful of other injuries. I was already to press charges, but was told that he would press charges against me for hurting his kids (the ones with the machetes). Apparently one of them had a couple of bruises after being thrown to the ground. I was advised it was probably best not to pursue the case as a jury could well side with the children. Great. I asked whether they knew this bloke. They did and he had a previous conviction for murder. British justice don't you just love it.

Anyway the most scary time I have ever had, like a bad dream mixed with the end of a thriller movie with a non-dying evil bloke, but real.  I really thought I was going to be killed.

My other interests are flower pressing.

Sorry to be a spoilsport.