Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:38:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

TV Guilty pleasures [split topic]

Started by PowerButchi, January 21, 2020, 07:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keir

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 22, 2020, 11:11:27 AM
The military woman with the red hair is terrifying. Always at 100% WAR mode.

She doesn't do the Barry Shitpeas thing, which makes her seem much more serious in comparison, I think. She's not pissing about.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: keir on February 22, 2020, 01:36:06 PM
She doesn't do the Barry Shitpeas thing, which makes her seem much more serious in comparison, I think. She's not pissing about.
True, I like Roma Agwaral and the young bloke who seems to have blagged his way on as an 'Adventurer' who definitely does the shitpeas thing.

keir

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 22, 2020, 02:03:40 PM
True, I like Roma Agwaral and the young bloke who seems to have blagged his way on as an 'Adventurer' who definitely does the shitpeas thing.

That'll be Rob Bell, who generally seems to be labelled in the captions as 'engineer/adventurer', so he's got less of an excuse for the Shitpeas thing. Another one who does it is that American guy with glasses who's a bit camp and often seems to be really pleased with his performance like Roland Percival on Nosin' Aroun'.

Icehaven

I think we've discussed Four in a Bed in this thread before (possibly before it was split) but I've just noticed how often they have enormous suitcases even though they're only staying one night. The stays aren't consecutive afaik so it seems bizarre that they haul these vast (presumably half empty) bags up and down stairs. Helps with stealing the towels and light bulbs I suppose.

paruses

I've watched the Gogglebox LOCKDOWN episodes over the last couple of days. Weirdly comforting. A bit like sitting with old friends you don't like that much but enough to enjoy thier annoyances.

Still not keen on the new ones although my friend pointed out that the "new" ones have been on it for years.

They liked Afterlife which was disappointing but predictable.

I watched the US celeb version as more of a hate watch. Enjoyed Rob Lowe looking a bit uncomfortable when they had to watch a docu about Dennis Rodman's excess of the past. He styled it out, largely though.

FizzFam. Its YouTube but a total guilty pleasure caught myself getting more and more engrossed as I watched out the corner of my eye when my daughter turned in. Trendy vegans going about mundanities of life in Dubai  Spain, and england. Shopping, lentils, walking, stuffed peppers, pocket money, quorn. New baby called....guess.....Karma.

Oh and Georgie is a total MILF ❤

phes

Quote from: paruses on May 17, 2020, 12:40:41 PM
I've watched the Gogglebox LOCKDOWN episodes over the last couple of days. Weirdly comforting. A bit like sitting with old friends you don't like that much but enough to enjoy thier annoyances.

Still not keen on the new ones although my friend pointed out that the "new" ones have been on it for years.

They liked Afterlife which was disappointing but predictable.

I watched the US celeb version as more of a hate watch. Enjoyed Rob Lowe looking a bit uncomfortable when they had to watch a docu about Dennis Rodman's excess of the past. He styled it out, largely though.

Closest thing to a time capsule we have. I've been a little disappointed some weeks in how little covid related media has featured but maybe they have had to consider the mental health of the people on it and not force them to watch endless amounts of it. Don't think of gogglebox as a guilty pleasure myself, not every family is a winner but it's still excellent imo. Mary's almost psychotic romance of The Past was particularly weird this week

Neighbours

Cant help myself still love it I record a whole weeks episodes and binge watch at Friday teatime with my Birdseye Chicken Kievs and McCain Chunky chips. I've long since ditched Eastenders and Corrie but I cannot and will not let neighbours go. I started to freak last couple of weeks as they reduced the episode output to 2 a week because COVID I think - back to normal now Phew

Bazooka

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 18, 2020, 03:41:39 PM
Neighbours

Cant help myself still love it I record a whole weeks episodes and binge watch at Friday teatime with my Birdseye Chicken Kievs and McCain Chunky chips. I've long since ditched Eastenders and Corrie but I cannot and will not let neighbours go. I started to freak last couple of weeks as they reduced the episode output to 2 a week because COVID I think - back to normal now Phew

That's a two and a half hour session right?

Sebastian Cobb

You can probably watch it at at least 1.5x without missing anything, like my mate used to do with the snooker.

Quote from: Bazooka on May 18, 2020, 05:36:46 PM
That's a two and a half hour session right?

By the time I've skipped the adverts and "previoulies" they're about 20mins per ep, so yeah more like 1hrs 40.

Bazooka

Has Susan slept with Toadfish yet now he's an adult?

Quote from: Bazooka on May 18, 2020, 07:24:08 PM
Has Susan slept with Toadfish yet now he's an adult?
He's a successful lawyer and widower,  Sonia died of cancer, Susan has MS. Possible coupling very much off the cards. On a positive note Sky Mangle is back, as a married lesbian chief detective of police.

Bazooka

Ha Sky, she was pretty insufferable if I remember.  Has Izzy ever returned, she was lovely, but corrupted poor weak Karl.

paruses

What about Libby? Is she in it still?

Libby and Izzy both long gone mentioned but gone. Anyway channel 5 afternoons and repeated teatime if you are interested. Paul is still.in it 😁

Sebastian Cobb

last time i caught it libby was back for a reprise.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 18, 2020, 08:20:35 PM
last time i caught it libby was back for a reprise.
We've had 30 year anniversary celebration appearances from all the main contenders and some others.

Plain Jane came back too, looks like a little old lady, not aged at all well.

Gulftastic

Madeline West is back and playing twins, one of whom is evil.

Sebastian Cobb

Holding out Toadie's first wife returns as a postal worker with memory loss.

Quote from: Gulftastic on May 20, 2020, 10:02:26 AM
Madeline West is back and playing twins, one of whom is evil.

She's a brilliant actor, nails both evil and angel. Evil at the moment is Miss Big in West Warritar Penitentiary, she's looking after Elly who been jailed for the manslaughter of Finn, who's mum blackmailed the judge so Elly got a custodial sentence against all legal advice.   

Sorry, Neighbours is a guilty pleasure of mine, like the Taylor Swift album 1989

Gulftastic

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 18, 2020, 07:30:46 PM
He's a successful lawyer and widower,  Sonia died of cancer, Susan has MS. Possible coupling very much off the cards. On a positive note Sky Mangle is back, as a married lesbian chief detective of police.

Sky being a late in life bi-sexual is the makers righting a wrong from 15 years ago. Back then, they wanted to make her and Lana a couple, but they weren't allowed.

I'd love her to be in a spin off.

Dex Sawash

Drunk Toadfish from Neighbours isn't just a poo creation?

JesusAndYourBush

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist.
Anyone been watching it?  Just watched the season finale, then watched it again on +1 (and I already saw it 2 and a half week ago anyway.)  That final 7-minute scene done in one take was just beautiful.

Watched the fist 4 eps of Happy Valley last night. Never seen any of it before. CHRIST, brutal I haven't finished it yet so don't spoil.

Did it go down well here?