Author Topic: Available Films  (Read 2566 times)

Puce Moment

Available Films
« on: February 23, 2020, 02:45:02 PM »
I thought it might be useful to have a thread of 'available' films so we don't have to keep checking.

Portrait of a Lady on Fire is now available in 10gb splendour - and also Monos has arrived on Amazon Prime Video. I recommend them both a great deal, although I think Monos is already a bit of a CaB favourite from last year.

Also, for those able to access the Shudder channel, they are currently showing Haguzassa

Re: Available Films
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 02:56:39 PM »
I've oft thought we should share a Plex collective, but I'm not sure Plex is man enough to handle multiple sources of media, I've got four Plex servers, two local, one home in UK and one here in Ireland, an emergency one off my UK NAS at home and one in City West in Dublin on a 1gb connected Mac Mini and stuff gets confused, mysteriously going missing (directory there but suddenly empty) sync issues etc. It need some cluster capability.

I used to work on IBM's GPFS file system, on AIX mainly but Linux and Windows too, it's a super fast disk server application, indeed originally designed for media, all the commands start with mm, mmfs, mmfsconfig. mmcluster etc, mm for multi-media

Another one of those tomorrow....

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 03:15:07 PM »
There's cloud-based plex now isn't there, I know the storage lives on s3 but I'm not sure where the transcoding takes place in that instance? Might be possible to have multiple nodes attached to one s3 instance.

I don't use it as I don't want to transcode things if I don't have to so I just use NFS shares, not arsed about access outside my lan.

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 07:59:47 PM »
This is a great idea for a thread and thanks for the heads up about Portrait of a Lady on Fire, I definitely plan to watch that soon.

Verotika is now out, heavy metal singer Glenn Danzig's anthology film which is reportedly so bad it's hilarious - https://film.avclub.com/holy-hell-glenn-danzig-mightve-just-made-the-room-of-h-1835503250

Judy and Punch is now available too, which I've heard good things about and will definitely watch at some point.

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upphängningspunkterna
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 12:11:39 PM »

Available isn't DC's most compelling franchise

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 08:35:40 PM »
Go out to see Lady on Fire and support your local cinema

(If you have one which is showing it of course)

Puce Moment

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2020, 10:03:11 PM »
I have, twice. If they released the Blu-ray in a timely fashion I wouldn't even consider downloading.

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2020, 07:07:38 PM »

Puce Moment

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2020, 07:29:34 PM »
Well that's me told.

Actually, I support your initial point with a great deal of gusto. But as someone who teaches film, I will always use a downloaded 1gb file rather than fuck about with the blu-ray player which almost always goes wrong. Throwing up a clip in VLC is much easier, more stable and involves way less fannying about.

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2020, 07:53:12 PM »
Sure. It's just that, near me, it's only just out in the cinema. Planning to catch it during the week.

Puce Moment

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2020, 02:48:27 PM »
Little Joe, Dark Waters and A Hidden Life can now be viewed in HD quality!

magval

• Magnum Valentino
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2020, 12:22:42 AM »
Invisible Man, The Hunt and the latest Pixar film Onward can go into this list as well. Rent for about 15 on Prime Video, or look elsewhere in a day or two.

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2020, 11:30:46 AM »
Or look elsewhere right now...

Not sure how interested people here will be, but for the sake of completion, Emma is also available.

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2020, 09:21:33 PM »
Don't suppose anyone can write something or point me towards anywhere that explains how to get these films? Can I play them on my telly?[1]
 1. One for the out of touch dad thread

Puce Moment

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2020, 10:44:02 AM »
Don't suppose anyone can write something or point me towards anywhere that explains how to get these films? Can I play them on my telly?[1]
 1. One for the out of touch dad thread

PM me big boy.

Tags: