Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:03:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

SIGHTLESS PIT (Lingua Ignota / The Body / Full of Hell collab)

Started by alan nagsworth, February 23, 2020, 03:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

Phew! Three members of some of the recent leading names in devastating apocalyptic noise and new breeds of metal come together for a collaborative album called "Grave of a Dog". I just took a stroll up the shops to buy a cauliflower and some sink unblocker and gave it a listen.

So, it's good! There's no guitars and all the drums are sequenced and electronic, but I'd say if you're a fan of any of the three affiliated acts you will probably dig this. Dylan Walker from FOH's vocals are drenched in static distortion, whilst Kristen Hayter's soar with the impressive classically-trained scorn that fans of hers will be well accustomed to. Ultimately, though, it's The Body drummer Lee Buford's crushing production work that sells this thing as well as it has throughout The Body's massively impressive back catalogue. Immersively bleak and dreadful at every turn.

Give it a listen why don't ya?

jobotic

Will do thanks. Was well impressed with the Lingua Ignota stuff you posted before. Didn't you go and see her?

alan nagsworth

Quote from: jobotic on February 23, 2020, 05:13:28 PM
Will do thanks. Was well impressed with the Lingua Ignota stuff you posted before. Didn't you go and see her?

I did, yeah. It was very good. At a gig like that you want to be immersed in the atmospherics and thankfully everyone in the crowd shut the fuck up and let it wash over them, because a performer like her could very easily draw in an audience largely composed of respectful fans but also a handful of half-arsed tourists who think that every bit of the performance which isn't loud and immediately commanding is an opportunity to talk to their mates.

Her voice is stunning and her presence quite clearly awed everyone in the room, everyone silently parting a path for her as she trudged out into the crowd with a chair to stand upon whilst she held a very bright light against her face and howled up at the ceiling. As Stouffer the cat would say: "Sorted. Respect due."

Named after a cave system in Skyrim it would seem. Good name although The Sightless Pit in Skyrim was a bastard to get through and has bad memories associated with it for me.