Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:50:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Boleskine

Started by BlodwynPig, February 23, 2020, 06:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Reading Adam Nevill's Apartment 16 and it mentions one (so far) unseen character having tapped up Al Crowley for some ritual spell that Crowley had used up in Boleskin (sic).

So i looked it up on wikipedia and its an unsettling read for such an objectively fact-centric website.

Former home of Crowley and Jimmy Page, the entry reads like a summary from a haunted house pulp magazine. Yet its left me creeped out - probably in part from my binging on Nevill while 'with fever'

This part is particularly horrible

QuoteDent also experienced the "most terrifying night of my life" at Boleskine.[23] He awoke one night to hear what sounded like a wild animal snorting and banging outside his bedroom door. It went on for some time and it was not until morning that Dent dared open the door, and there was nothing there. Dent added "whatever was there was pure evil."[23] Another friend who stayed at Boleskine awoke one night claiming she had been attacked by "some kind of devil".[28] Other occurrences, such as chairs switching places, doors slamming open and closed for no reason and carpets and rugs rolling up inexplicably, failed to deter Dent from staying.[23] Dent met his wife at Boleskine and raised his family there

Anyone been up there to look at the place? Its been ravaged by several unexplained fires as late as last year, but it would be interesting to know more... doesnt seem to have been mentioned in any CaB creepy threads

Zetetic

About 10 minutes cycle ride to the nearest cafe, so it's probably alright.

Edit: Looks like you'd have to Inverness for Indian food though.

BlodwynPig

But you've not stayed a night with the unholy swine!

Cuellar

Gregory Torso

Gef the honking mongoose.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Shit Good Nose

The "mysterious" 2015 and 2019 fires I can answer - I know a spark who works for the company that were contracted to do electrical works on the house when it was owned by the couple who bought it from Page.  The house's wiring predominantly dated from the 60s, with some of it apparently being original from when electrics were first installed - in short, technically illegal and far from up to standard come 2015, but then in the 90s it was a case of "well, you ought to have it rewired, but there's no law".  The owners at that time opted for "making do" as they couldn't afford a full and proper rewire having already spent tens of thousands modernising it and bringing it up to a liveable standard (Page left it in an absolute state by all accounts).  The 2015 fire was nothing more than a fault in the cut-out, which had none of the protection and isolation features that are now standard (the fuseboard still had old school ceramic mem fuses with asbestos flashpads).

The 2019 fire - as reported at the time - was just arson.

As for the mysterious "evil" noises and moving furniture - almost certainly Crowley and later Page having a laugh at their guests' expense, knowing that they were all staying there fully expecting (perhaps hoping) for something to happen.  Everyone who stayed there since Page sold it has said that they experienced absolutely nothing out of the ordinary short of noises from old pipes and radiators and cold draughts, which you would expect from a house as old as that.

Sorry to piss and then shit all over your bonfire, Blods.

Cuellar

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 23, 2020, 08:23:24 PM
The "mysterious" 2015 and 2019 fires I can answer - I know a spark who works for the company that were contracted to do electrical works on the house when it was owned by the couple who bought it from Page.  The house's wiring predominantly dated from the 60s, with some of it apparently being original from when electrics were first installed - in short, technically illegal and far from up to standard come 2015, but then in the 90s it was a case of "well, you ought to have it rewired, but there's no law".  The owners at that time opted for "making do" as they couldn't afford a full and proper rewire having already spent tens of thousands modernising it and bringing it up to a liveable standard (Page left it in an absolute state by all accounts).  The 2015 fire was nothing more than a fault in the cut-out, which had none of the protection and isolation features that are now standard (the fuseboard still had old school ceramic mem fuses with asbestos flashpads).

The 2019 fire - as reported at the time - was just arson.

As for the mysterious "evil" noises and moving furniture - almost certainly Crowley and later Page having a laugh at their guests' expense, knowing that they were all staying there fully expecting (perhaps hoping) for something to happen.  Everyone who stayed there since Page sold it has said that they experienced absolutely nothing out of the ordinary short of noises from old pipes and radiators and cold draughts, which you would expect from a house as old as that.

Sorry to piss and then shit all over your bonfire, Blods.

You didnt - i wasnt suggesting the events were truly paranormal, but its still a great story and fuck if im going near it without Cuellar. Had enough "pipe" scares to last me a lifetime

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 23, 2020, 09:20:10 PM
You didnt - i wasnt suggesting the events were truly paranormal, but its still a great story and fuck if im going near it without Cuellar. Had enough "pipe" scares to last me a lifetime

Splendid.

BUT...

It's just a bunch of walls now isn't it?  https://www.shutterstock.com/editorial/image-editorial/fire-at-historic-boleskine-house-loch-ness-scotland-uk-31-jul-2019-10351806d

Wrap up warm. 

And/or just cuddle up to Cuellar.

BlodwynPig

Tunnel to the old morgue and graveyard underneath apparently

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 23, 2020, 09:33:46 PM
Tunnel to the old morgue and graveyard underneath apparently

Waaaaaaait a minute...is this just some cheap-ass way of making The Satanic Rites of Minotaur????

"Oh, swipe me, Jen's too old hat now, but look at this hot new talent I got called Cuellar!"

WELL?

Sell out, mate.  Sell out.

Pijlstaart

I'd assumed it was a big creaky mansion, but it's just a bungalow. Bungalows aren't scary. "Jinkies, a spook!", said exclusively in multi-story dwellings, and usually upstairs at that. Grandparents had a bungalow, lot of maroon in it, lot of harvest gold, hardwoods abounded, I was introduced to the muller fruit corner[nb]Like so https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqheYhZN2F8[/nb] there, seemed very grown up, endless variety. Never scared.

Buelligan

All very true and plausible, I'm sure.  Pound to a penny though, if you did it scientific, more horror per square millimetre in a bungalow than anywhere else on the face of god's innocent earth.  I am not even lying.

I'll say no more.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on February 24, 2020, 05:31:39 AM
All very true and plausible, I'm sure.  Pound to a penny though, if you did it scientific, more horror per square millimetre in a bungalow than anywhere else on the face of god's innocent earth.  I am not even lying.

I'll say no more.

Exactly. See my posts from around 2013 on bungalow horror. There is a certain desolation that breeds evil within those lonely retreats for the beige forgotten

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

You can't even go upstairs to escape the horror. Or downstairs if the horror is upstairs.

Buelligan

They've all gone downstairs by the time I've finished with them.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 24, 2020, 06:23:48 AM
Exactly. See my posts from around 2013 on bungalow horror. There is a certain desolation that breeds evil within those lonely retreats for the beige forgotten

I remember it well.  And the Richard and Judy howl of course, which predated even that.  Chilling.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on February 24, 2020, 07:31:52 AM
They've all gone downstairs by the time I've finished with them.

I remember it well.  And the Richard and Judy howl of course, which predated even that.  Chilling.

Impressed. Ascend!

idunnosomename

Knockoff posh notebooks

Cardenio I

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cardenio I on February 24, 2020, 10:48:20 AM
foreskine

Laugh, laugh before theeeeeee UNHOLY SWINE...titters from the void

Shit Good Nose

Jazz drummer Peter Erskine.

BlodwynPig

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Who keeps setting it on fire? Also, Jimmy Page bought it and had this mate of his Dent stay there and do the place up, but never spent any significant time there himself. Lightweight. Makes himself out as a Satanist, but when the shit gets hardcore he doesn't want to get stuck in.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on February 24, 2020, 01:48:53 PM
Who keeps setting it on fire? Also, Jimmy Page bought it and had this mate of his Dent stay there and do the place up, but never spent any significant time there himself. Lightweight. Makes himself out as a Satanist, but when the shit gets hardcore he doesn't want to get stuck in.

Yep, puts pay to SGN's theory

Quotealmost certainly Crowley and later Page having a laugh at their guests' expense

Dent was there without Page. Digging deeper, it seems on the night in question (The Night of the Unholy Swine), Dent was alone and the smell of sulphur abounded prior to him retiring for bed. He put it down to the plumbing and thought nothing of it until his terror filled and sleepless night. Being a sceptic of the paranormal, he brushed off this and all other weird experiences as "just being part of the house, probably old Al Crowley having a laugh from beyond the grave".

Balls of steel.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 24, 2020, 11:47:58 AM

Photographed mid solo there.

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on February 24, 2020, 01:48:53 PM
Who keeps setting it on fire?

I told you!  Shit electrics and arsonists!

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 24, 2020, 02:06:51 PM
Yep, puts pay to SGN's theory

Dent was there without Page. Digging deeper, it seems on the night in question (The Night of the Unholy Swine), Dent was alone and the smell of sulphur abounded prior to him retiring for bed. He put it down to the plumbing and thought nothing of it until his terror filled and sleepless night. Being a sceptic of the paranormal, he brushed off this and all other weird experiences as "just being part of the house, probably old Al Crowley having a laugh from beyond the grave".

Balls of steel.

Still reckon there was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary going on - the smell was probably old drains, possibly dodgy gas pipes if there was gas there (unlikely all the way out there, though - coal or oil I expect) and, as Dent initially suspected, dodgy plumbing - you get air pockets in old systems like that and they make a right old racket to the point where the pipes and radiators physically shake. 

WOULDN'T stay there on my own mind, but with a couple of mates I wouldn't be at all concerned.

BlodwynPig

Cab moleskin boleskine meet?

Shit Good Nose

Only if you add erskine.

And hot sex in devil masks.